Digital Art Zone

8 of 99
Star Trek Builders Unite 2 “Renderings on the Edge of Forever” 
Posted: 03 November 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2006-11-22

Other than the women are dressing like sex slaves in a supposedly female-dominated society, I like it.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the sexy outfits; I just think it unlikely that a female-dominated society would be inclined to continue wearing outfits so overtly intended to attract the male eye.  Much as I enjoy the eye candy, it doesn’t feel true to the story premise.

Just my .02 cr; your story, your call.

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2006-10-07

I know way to much about all of this since I have been the co-author on this. Paul has combed history to come up with with some interesting parts for this story. The story line is well thought out and is really going to upset some while others will be screaming for more! It will be interesting to see how the members here react.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12
Thalek - 03 November 2012 12:37 PM

Other than the women are dressing like sex slaves in a supposedly female-dominated society, I like it.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the sexy outfits; I just think it unlikely that a female-dominated society would be inclined to continue wearing outfits so overtly intended to attract the male eye.  Much as I enjoy the eye candy, it doesn’t feel true to the story premise.

I agree, but at the same time I see some things would or could be almost ingrained and stay the same…who knows what 100 years later of almost no men around could do to the look and behavior of the populace. Clothing could stay the stay the same…styles once meant to attract…could be used to intimidate.  it’s a knife edge of speculation.

I could go in to a dissertation of the things I’ve researched in support of this story and how things would and wouldn’t change. But will leave it as ...

TO EVERYONE ELSE….NOW IF YOU CAN…GO VOTE!  ABSTAINING FROM VOTING IS ONE VOTE LESS THAT COULD SEND EITHER ONE OF THE CANDIDATES PACKING.

Update : The image for the Captain’s woman has bee has been updated.  All derogatory names for the captain’s woman have been dropped for one term.
Hetaera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetaera

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 03 November 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2009-01-14

think I will abstain raspberry

Signature 

my art: http://mototsume.deviantart.com/
or http://mototsume.webege.com/
freebies:  http://mototsume.webege.com/downloads.htm

Old Post Count: 1773

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-04-30

A little render of Hoshi and T’Pol

Image Attachments
TPol_Hoshi_head_shot_sml.jpg
 Signature 

We are all alone, born alone, die alone

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2011-04-14
Thalek - 03 November 2012 12:37 PM

It can, really.  Just because a society might be female dominated, they still are going to want to be female and feminine, you’re not going to see Janet Reno wannabes in crew cuts, outfits that look like burlap sacks and crox.  I mean Miss Nicholes on TOS said she had no problems with short shirts on the Enterprise, a sorta liberation you can say she said.  And a girl is still wanting to look good for her man, or woman, whatever the case may be.

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3032
Joined  2004-04-14

You think about it, the whole “dressing like a sex slave” even though they are the dominate ones means they keep the men distracted and under control.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 03 November 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12

And now for the last major player.

Empress Beverly Howard…

I’m still looking for the morph and a good skin texture for Picard…he only plays a small roll, but if he’s seen…people will want him to look good if not close.

All characters are V4 and their eye’s are 3DS Ravenmoon’s.  http://www.runtimedna.com/3DS-Raven-Moon.html

Not to play word games, but the graphic novel is very specific in words… but Empress Beverly Howard’s goal is to rule….not dominate…men dominate, yes it’s a fine line, but something of this style needs to be handled carefully.

Starting work on it tonight.

Image Attachments
daz-Beverly-Crusher_final.jpg
 Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 03 November 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1474
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 03 November 2012 07:11 PM

And now for the last major player.

Empress Beverly Howard…

I’m still looking for the morph and a good skin texture for Picard…he only plays a small roll, but if he’s seen…people will want him to look good if not close.

All characters are V4 and their eye’s are 3DS Ravenmoon’s.  http://www.runtimedna.com/3DS-Raven-Moon.html

Check your PMs.

Posted: 03 November 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-22

I think Werts used to use the Sol Elite texture for his M4 Picard.  I’d have to check my archives.

So, Beverly married into the long-lived Howard family?  Fascinating!

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Thalek - 03 November 2012 07:38 PM

I think Werts used to use the Sol Elite texture for his M4 Picard.  I’d have to check my archives.

Howard was her maiden name. She married Jack Crusher- and in the final episode’s alternate timeline, Captain Picard.

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-11-11
hinslem - 03 November 2012 07:46 AM
Demonslayer - 02 November 2012 04:59 PM

I need some help!

I have a great model of Kirk’s shirt from “Errand of Mercy” and I do not remember where I got it.  Problem is, it crashes every time I open a file I saved it into.

Here’s the shirt:
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/KirkTunic-1.jpg

Here’s the one Kirk wore:
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/errandofmercyhd571-1.jpg

It is an M3 Tunic, but I can’t find the original source file.  It’s still in my runtime, but like I said, it crashes when re-opened.

Ken

I, too, have that tunic, but not sure where I got it from. I also have a similar tunic that comes with identical belts, so I assume it’s by the same artist. The tunic on the right is from DAZ, just listed as Tunic Pack, but it’s for Michael and Victoria 1&2.

Could it have been part of the default preinstalled content that came with an earlier version of DAZ Studio?

Mark.

I don’t think it was included with DAZ Studio, but there were a few bundles that it might have come from.  Probably it was from a Michael 1 or 2 set that was M3 compatible that has been discontinued because I do a search for ‘tunic’ and there’s no sign of it in the DAZ store.

I really want to use it because it is dead-on perfect and ready to use.

*sigh*

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-22
mdbruffy - 03 November 2012 08:09 PM

Howard was her maiden name. She married Jack Crusher- and in the final episode’s alternate timeline, Captain Picard.

I didn’t know that was her maiden name.  I was making a sly reference to the Howard families in some of Heinlein’s novels.  I think they are first mentioned in “If This Goes On . . .”

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Thalek - 03 November 2012 08:30 PM
mdbruffy - 03 November 2012 08:09 PM

I didn’t know that was her maiden name.  I was making a sly reference to the Howard families in some of Heinlein’s novels.  I think they are first mentioned in “If This Goes On . . .”

Yes. It’s mentioned a couple of times during the series.

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-11-11

FOUND IT!

Part of the 3d Starter Pack!

http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/350x455/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/3/d/3d-starter-pack-large.jpg

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d-starter-pack

Reset download!

Ken smile

8 of 99