Joined  2007-06-16

Correction.  I see your edit.

But I already did that.  Twice in fact.

Nothing.

Posted: 28 October 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2007-06-16

Now.  I just noticed.  the CMS starter service is still where it used to be on the free agent drive

Could that be the problem?

Posted: 28 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6136
Joined  2005-08-29

Does it start?

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 28 October 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 12:28 PM

Now.  I just noticed.  the CMS starter service is still where it used to be on the free agent drive

Could that be the problem?

If you’ve reinstalled to your system drive then the CMS stuff on the external shouldn’t affect anything.

If you’ve already installed the GSE 1.6 then all you should need to do is to reload the metadata (content library->context menu->content db maintenance

check “Re-Import Metadata…”

Then Accept.

Then close and restart DS4.5

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 October 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Right.  Did all the reimport meta data,  A list of files appeared.  clicked Ok

Still nothing

I’m about tapped out for now.  Theres a hurricane coming.  And I got stuff to do.

If you guys got any suggestions I’ll give them a try later, or maybe tomorrow.

In a worse case scenario.  I hid a backup of Daz 4.0 whatever.  And if that doesn’t work.  I have an airport time capsule back up.  Ildd restore my disk to its pryor glory.  Where everything worked.  Hopefully.

I’ve never liked the Smart content feature.  If they were going to do it.  They should have ported all the content into it.  Because eventually.  Having two content libraries to check for everything you need will be unwieldily.

Oh well thanks for the help.  Daz just keeps making things more complicated, in there quest for simplicity

Thanks again,
Dale

Posted: 29 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Hi,

I’m back.  At least as long as the power holds up.  The wind is blowing.

Still can’t get Smart content to work.  I have confirmed that the CMS is up and running.  I have re-imported Meta-Data.  I have re-installed all the most recent Daz updates that I downloaded.  I have restarted the computer, restarted Daz.  Still No Smart content.

I just can’t figure whats going on.

Dale

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
DaleCar - 29 October 2012 06:18 PM

Hi,

I’m back.  At least as long as the power holds up.  The wind is blowing.

Still can’t get Smart content to work.  I have confirmed that the CMS is up and running.  I have re-imported Meta-Data.  I have re-installed all the most recent Daz updates that I downloaded.  I have restarted the computer, restarted Daz.  Still No Smart content.

I just can’t figure whats going on.

Dale

OK - do this.

In the Smart content folder is a file named DAZ Content Management Service.ini.
You need to authorize to edit it and do it with something like TextWrangler (not TextEdit as it has a tendency to ruin files by being “smart”.
There is a row saying VerboseLevel=0 change that to 3, save, then stop/start CMS

Now start DS, and browse.
Now, check the logfile, it should be large as everything is now logged, if not, DS cannot connect to the CMS. In that case, you need to check if you have the firewall turned on and not allowing that communication, or if you somehow have two CMS installations and the other one is running.

/ Totte

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Hi Totte,

Did a search for DAZ Content Management Service.ini.  Its not coming up.  That may not mean anything.  Since Content Managment Service didn’t come up on earlier searches.  But I did a visual search.  And it looks like the folder with the smart content in Doesn’t have such a file.

I’ve attached a jpeg of that file

Activity monitor just shows one CMS up and running.  I would think if there were two.  It would show two up and running.  Also I’ll attach a screen grab of activity monitor

Dale

Image Attachments
smart_content_location.jpgCMS_activity_Monitor.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

I think you are looking in the wrong place. You should have a directory looking like the attached picture somewhere on your machine.

Image Attachments
cms.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 03 November 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Found it.  Actually about as far away from the other Daz stuff as possible.  In the Library folder.  In a Daz 3d marked folder.

Now I just have to find Text Wrangler or something similar.  This is a Mac compatable application?

Entering uncharted territory here.  What I like about a mac is you pretty much never have to change things in its guts.

Thanks
Dale

Posted: 03 November 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok.  Found Text wrangler.  I’m downloading it now

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok.  Used text wrangler to change verbose to 3.  Stopped CMS, then restarted CMS

opened Daz 3d.  Still no smart content.  Did the DB maintenance thing just for good measure.  Closed Daz, and restarted it.  Still no Smart Content.

This may sound stupid.  But where might this mythical beast called the Log File be located? Or how do you access it.  I’ve been using Daz since 2007.  And I don’t think I’ve ever stumbled on it.  I’ve heard of it.  But looking around I don’t see anything called a log file.

On the subject of Firewall’s,  Seeings how this is where this appears to be going.  I’m unaware of any firewall on my computer.  There may be one I suppose between my computer and my airport Timecapsule/network.  But my internal hard drive and my sole external are not blocked from each other by anything.

Thanks again.
Dale

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

The logfile is in vlogs in the CMS, called

DAZ Content Management Service_<some number>.log

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok,, Thanks.  Found the Vlog.  I always thought it was accessable within Daz.  But I guess not.

Now it appears quite large to me.  But beyond that its all gibberish as far as I’m concerned.  I thought about posting a screen cap.  But its so big I have no idea whats important.

But if I’m reading your post correctly.  The CMS should be running correctly.

But its still not showing up in the Smart Content pane.

So where does that leave us?

Thanks,
Dale

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

You’ll have to forgive me.  I’m trying to piece this Vlog thing together in my mind.  After looking at it a bit.

The last 3 Vlogs are titled “Warnings”  Though they appeared all right before that.

Heres a sample of the last warning vlog

Image Attachments
vlog_warnings.jpg

4 of 8