Digital Art Zone

3 of 8
Smart content “Where is it”  Mac OS X
Posted: 28 October 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2007-06-16

Should I have done something else with it?

I have it open right now.

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5958
Joined  2005-08-29
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:11 AM

Yes.  I saw that checkbox.  Left it alone.  I saw no reason to complicate my life more than it already is.

Dale

If you check that you will see where its installed now in the Content manager installer later

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1870
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:14 AM

Should I have done something else with it?

I have it open right now.

I would recommend that you put the DazStudio App and the CMS onto your system drive, and put your content onto your external.  It is the easiest to support and the DS app is not that big.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

It says its installed on /Volumes/Freeagent drive.

Which is where the application icon is.

oops theres a service file down near the bottom.  Strange the search didn’t find anything.

But its still not showing Smart content when I launch Daz.  Even after clicking on the start service

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

I had the app on the external so I could use it with may laptop when I wanted to.  Anyway.  I keep all my artsy apps there.  Photoshop gimp and so on.

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok.  Let me try and install Daz in the macintosh applications folder.  Then I’ll restart the computer.  See what happens.

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Do I need to change just the Destination Directory?  Or should I change the default Directory too?  I’d think not.  But I’m not positive

Thanks
Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:22 AM

It says its installed on /Volumes/Freeagent drive.

Which is where the application icon is.

oops theres a service file down near the bottom.  Strange the search didn’t find anything.

But its still not showing Smart content when I launch Daz.  Even after clicking on the start service

OK, now you found it, check what the logs in vlogs says, and if you use the Start Content Manager Server.app, will it start?

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

No.  At least Daz isn’t showing the smart content.  The CMS says its started.

But I’ve moved past that point.  I’m trying to install Daz and the CMS into my applications folder.  Its already uninstalled the previous DS4.5

But it has me worried This CMS thing is giving me a warning that my previous Database might be deleted.  I’m not sure what should be in that box so I don’t loose something.

Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:47 AM

No.  At least Daz isn’t showing the smart content.  The CMS says its started.

But I’ve moved past that point.  I’m trying to install Daz and the CMS into my applications folder.  Its already uninstalled the previous DS4.5

But it has me worried This CMS thing is giving me a warning that my previous Database might be deleted.  I’m not sure what should be in that box so I don’t loose something.

Dale

If your previous CMS wasn’t running then most likely there isn’t anything of value in it to worry about.  The CMS database will be regenerated after you reinstall your GenesisStarterEssentials to the matching set for 4.5.1.6

EDIT:  Make sure to point your content areas at your external.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

There is a “Reimport meta Data Here, use that of your database goes clean.

Image Attachments
Skärmavbild_2012-10-28_kl._18_.50_.20_.pngSkärmavbild_2012-10-28_kl._18_.50_.27_.png
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok.  Here goes nothing.

Posted: 28 October 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Ok.  The reinstall didn’t fix anything that I can see.

I restarted the computer.  And re-launched daz from its new location in the applications folder.  But still no smart content.

There was to errors during installation.  The first was a permissions error.  I’m running disk utility now to see if theres a problem.

There was also an error saying it was unable to perform a complete uninstall of Daz.

I’m repairing permissions now to start

Posted: 28 October 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 12:09 PM

Ok.  The reinstall didn’t fix anything that I can see.

I restarted the computer.  And re-launched daz from its new location in the applications folder.  But still no smart content.

There was to errors during installation.  The first was a permissions error.  I’m running disk utility now to see if theres a problem.

There was also an error saying it was unable to perform a complete uninstall of Daz.

I’m repairing permissions now to start

Keep in mind that “Smart Content” won’t show anything until you install the GenesisStarterEssentials package for 4.5.1.6, start 4.5.1.6 and let it put the metadata into the CMS itself.

EDIT:  If you’ve already installed the 1.6 version of the GenesisStarterEssentials, then you’ll need to use the Content Library Tab to have 4.5 reload the Metadata as was outlined in a previous post.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Well.  Where does that need to be installed?

Is the genesis starter essentials content?  or something else.  If its content it should already be there on the freeagent drive.  Shouldn’t it?

Dale

3 of 8