Total Posts:  7453
Joined  2009-06-11

Show ~/Library folder:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/17/mac-os-x-10-7-1-hides-user-library-folder-again/

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2007-06-16

I haven’t checked for this hidden library yet.  Thought I’d try installing the new version of Daz.  And see what happened.  The good news is.  I actually saw this CMS thing come up during the installation.  The bad news is.  That the new version of Daz actually made matters worse.  So far.  Smart content is still not showing up.  But Daz lost almost all my 3rd party purchases in the old content library.  Looks like all my Old Daz purchased content is there (though I haven’t done a detailed inspection).  But most of my 3rd party freebies, and content purchased from rendorosity amongst others has gone missing.

I’ve tried all the settings for finding content, migrating content, searching known directories.  I got several dozen hits out of what should be hundreds.

I’m playing with the content library preferences right now in the hopes of restoring that.  Since thats a far larger list of content, than Smart Content

I know,  I’m probably just rambling.  But I’ve had a lot of trouble Since Daz went to version 4.  I’ve never had a good handle on proper file structure in these things.  But before Daz went to version 4.  I could make everything work.

Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5312
Joined  2005-08-29

Probably have your content directory pointers bad. I’ve so far never seen any DS installer actually trash the content folders, but if they are bad, like you have /Users/Documents/DAZContent, and then install a new version where the content settings points to /Users/Documents/DAZContent/DAZContent, it will look like the content you had is gone….

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

Sorry I’m late to the discussion…

The CMS is located at “/Library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service” in MacOSx.

If you’ve installed correctly the Finder will have selections to start the service here (see the image)

Kendall

Image Attachments
Screenshot-Untitled_Window.png
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 October 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

I think the Daz purchased content is OK.  With the exception of Smart Content.

The new problem is with poser format content.  Which its finding a few.  But far from all.  I’m trying something new in the content library preferences.  The proper folder is listed there.  So I moved it to the top of the poser format list.  And Daz is currently working on it.  Taking its sweet time too.

The problem here.  Is the poser content, I’ve always left in the Download file

example:  FreeAgentDrive/Downloads/Then the individual files from Rendo or wherever.

Now I’m pretty sure that you’ll say that, thats not the way its supposed to be done.  But it worked perfectly until they went to Daz 4.  With Daz 4 it jumbled the content tree.  And initialy with Daz 4.5.0.11 whatever, it worked.  But with this new version of Daz.  Its refusing to find even a fraction of the files listed there.

For me thats a far worse problem than the smart content is.  So thats taking priority.

Kendall:

Can’t find a file marked Service.  And I did a search for this CMS thing earlier with no luck.  Heres a picture of my set up.

Image Attachments
Daz_screenshot.jpg

Posted: 28 October 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 10:22 AM

I think the Daz purchased content is OK.  With the exception of Smart Content.

The new problem is with poser format content.  Which its finding a few.  But far from all.  I’m trying something new in the content library preferences.  The proper folder is listed there.  So I moved it to the top of the poser format list.  And Daz is currently working on it.  Taking its sweet time too.

The problem here.  Is the poser content, I’ve always left in the Download file

example:  FreeAgentDrive/Downloads/Then the individual files from Rendo or wherever.

Now I’m pretty sure that you’ll say that, thats not the way its supposed to be done.  But it worked perfectly until they went to Daz 4.  With Daz 4 it jumbled the content tree.  And initialy with Daz 4.5.0.11 whatever, it worked.  But with this new version of Daz.  Its refusing to find even a fraction of the files listed there.

For me thats a far worse problem than the smart content is.  So thats taking priority.

Kendall:

Can’t find a file marked Service.  And I did a search for this CMS thing earlier with no luck.  Heres a picture of my set up.

Please note that the area I showed was “Applications”  You’re looking in the wrong place.  The start/stop programs are not with your content but with the application.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 October 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Kendall

Thats because my Daz Application is not on my Macintosh Harddrive, applications.  Its on an external hard drive with all my other artistic software for portability.

I’m showing you the closest match to your description freeagentdrive/Daz3d/Daz64bit/ the rest

The application itself sets on the top layer in the hard drive.  And has set there for a couple of years with no problems.  Until now.

Thanks
Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

When you installed you must have given a path to where the installer should install the CMS (Content Manager), did you put that into your runtime maybe?

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 10:51 AM

Kendall

Thats because my Daz Application is not on my Macintosh Harddrive, applications.  Its on an external hard drive with all my other artistic software for portability.

I’m showing you the closest match to your description freeagentdrive/Daz3d/Daz64bit/ the rest

The application itself sets on the top layer in the hard drive.  And has set there for a couple of years with no problems.  Until now.

Thanks
Dale

That could be part of the problem.  If the CMS service is on the external, and the external is not available for the OS to use during boot then the service would be labeled as invalid.  MacOS is a *nix system and certain things MUST be available during boot.  I would recommend that when you reinstall (if you do) make sure that the install path for the Content Management Service (it’s listed below the content areas during the install) is on your system drive.  Also, check to see if the entries for Start DAZ Content Management Service are listed as part of your system’s Applications group.  These are not executables in the normal sense, but are links to the system starting scripts and may not show as actual files to your Finder.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Totte:

Below you will see a list of what was reset to be installed.  I don’t see a CMS in that list.  And don’t believe I’ve ever seen a CMS in that list.

As far as giving anything a path.  I usually let the installer do there thing.  It gives a recomended path.  And thats where she goes.  The only one in this list that didn’t show a recomended path was the 3d bridge.  Since I don’t use that.  I just gave it the same path as the rest.  The 3d bridge doesn’t have anything to do with this problem anyway.  I don’t think.

Am I missing something that I should have installed.  I’ll go check my resets to make sure.

DS4 3d Bridge
DS4 decimator
DS4 Genesis essentials
Ds4 GoZ
Daz Studio 4.5

Thanks
Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

That could be it. I run that setup on my laptop (still DS in /Applications but CMS + Content on a remote drive.
If the drive is not there on startup I need to launch the CMS manually, but as he cannot find the CMS installation at all, it’s hard to seen the logs or run the manual startup scripts that are located in the CMSfolder.

Attached my CMS folder layout.

Image Attachments
Skärmavbild_2012-10-28_kl._18_.06_.54_.png
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Just checked except for the Daz 32 bit.  And several instalation guides.  This was all that was reset and downloaded.

Dale

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:07 AM

Just checked except for the Daz 32 bit.  And several instalation guides.  This was all that was reset and downloaded.

Dale

The CMS is part of the Base DS4.5 installer.  There is no external installer for it.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
DaleCar - 28 October 2012 11:05 AM

Totte:

Below you will see a list of what was reset to be installed.  I don’t see a CMS in that list.  And don’t believe I’ve ever seen a CMS in that list.

As far as giving anything a path.  I usually let the installer do there thing.  It gives a recomended path.  And thats where she goes.  The only one in this list that didn’t show a recomended path was the 3d bridge.  Since I don’t use that.  I just gave it the same path as the rest.  The 3d bridge doesn’t have anything to do with this problem anyway.  I don’t think.

Am I missing something that I should have installed.  I’ll go check my resets to make sure.

DS4 3d Bridge
DS4 decimator
DS4 Genesis essentials
Ds4 GoZ
Daz Studio 4.5

Thanks
Dale

When you install DAZ Studio 4.5 on one of the first screens is a checkbox “Customize Content manager Installation”.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-16

Yes.  I saw that checkbox.  Left it alone.  I saw no reason to complicate my life more than it already is.

Dale

2 of 8