Digital Art Zone

Wardrobe Wizard and Genesis question
Posted: 27 October 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2005-11-27

If I purchase the Wardrobe Wizard expansion for Genesis, does that mean I can fit Gen 4 clothing to newly Poser-compatible Genesis? I’m still working to grasp some of the finer points of this new toy. Sorry in advance for sounding rather noobish! grin

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 27 October 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14328
Joined  2003-10-09

I believe not - the Genesis imported from a CR2 exported from Poser is not the same as the Genesis loaded via the DSON Importer.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 October 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Is WW a Poser-only product or could I use that for DS clothing too? I’m experimenting with different options for autofit as it doesn’t always work very well.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 27 October 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2005-11-27

Wardrobe Wizard comes bundled with Poser, but there is a standalone version too, but it’s still a program for use with Poser.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8700
Joined  2007-11-06

I don’t know if the WW plugin for Genesis will work in the stand-alone version (or the version in older versions of Poser), but in any event AFAIK it would only work on the CR2-Exporter Genesis, so only in P9/PP2012.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 28 October 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
TheWheelMan - 27 October 2012 06:40 PM

Wardrobe Wizard comes bundled with Poser, but there is a standalone version too, but it’s still a program for use with Poser.

The standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard works fine with Studio (it simply takes one CR2 and creates a new one), but it likely won’t work for Cridgit’s idea for the reason already discussed - the Genesis model it’s transforming to is (AIUI) the non-Subdivided version, which means it’s a lower resolution than we see in Studio. Autofit may not be perfect, but it at least works on the final resolution model.