Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
V3 morphs and clothes in Genesis and V5?
Posted: 27 October 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2004-01-11

I see there is a free utility that enables V3 clothes to be used with genesis/V5 but I don’t exactly understand how it works. Ideally I’d like to convert many V3 clothes for use in v5 and wonder whether all, or just some of them are suitable. Does this utility adjust the V3 cloth morphs to fit genesis, and if so does that also mean I can also use V3 (which overall I prefer) body morphs for use in v5 or genesis.

The V3 morphs are still very useful and actually provide in many cases a much more detailed manipulation of face and body. For example: hip spandex, male spandex, breasts smooth, sternum narrow, hip narrow, hip small and many others.

The reason I ask is because the genesis/v5 body morphs have a similar flaw to V4: there is a big gap between left and right buttocks.  Just to be clear, there is an exaggerated distance between the top inner thighs and that causes an exaggerated (and unrealistic looking) very wide crotch area. In v3 you could easily adjust this by using the inner thigh and hip spandex morphs. They would close the unsightly gap from the back and this might explain why in the vast majority of screenshots of V4 and V5 renders, there are very few views from directly behind the buttocks as I think the artists are aware it just doesn’t look right.

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

The RAMWolff and DieTrying conversion sets have various leg and buttocks morphs…and both are freebies.

Grab the SickleYield Genesis conversion of DieTrying’s 182 morphs for V4…
http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

And RAMWolff’s Morphs for Genesis…
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

And there’s this…

http://www.sharecg.com/v/59837/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Junk-In-The-Trunk-for-Genesis-(updated)

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2004-01-11

mjc1016: Thank you very much for that. Am I right to assume that after installing your suggested addon morphs, they will appear either as a master morph heading with a master slider, or will appear as “extra” morphs in the params list of general morphs for each section (torso,upper/lower etc)?

Posted: 27 October 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2005-11-18

OK since you asked about getting v3 clothing & items to work with genesis you will need to get the http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis to allow auto fit to work with gen 3 items.  If you want to transfer gen3 morphs you will need http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x and http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genx-addon-gen3-bundle which will allow you to transfer morphs from gen3 figures over to genesis as well.

Posted: 27 October 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
leonardis - 27 October 2012 10:53 AM

mjc1016: Thank you very much for that. Am I right to assume that after installing your suggested addon morphs, they will appear either as a master morph heading with a master slider, or will appear as “extra” morphs in the params list of general morphs for each section (torso,upper/lower etc)?

Some of each…although both sets have their own ‘section’ in the Parameters tab (under actor)...

Together, they are almost as useful as the Evolution morphs with some items that the Evolution morphs don’t have.

RAMWolff is working on getting a male set up, to go along with the female set he already has up,

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I must ask, WHAT way to put Generation 3 clothing on Genesis. All I know about is the Gen4 Autofit. Even the Gen3 shapes do not give you Autofit for Gen3 clothing that I know of.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Jaderail - 27 October 2012 03:03 PM

I must ask, WHAT way to put Generation 3 clothing on Genesis. All I know about is the Gen4 Autofit. Even the Gen3 shapes do not give you Autofit for Gen3 clothing that I know of.

The only way I know of, for sure…CrossDresser (Wardrobe Wizard) > convert Gen3 item to Gen4 > then manually use the Transfer utility, as opposed to Autofit.  (did that for the M3 Norman’s outfit…but I need to redo it at the CrossDresser level as I let CD put handles in it…and well, fitting it with themm in DS4.5 is NOT recommended…they kind of stick around with no way of getting rid of them I can find.  The other parts work, the tunic is the problem part).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2202
Joined  2005-09-05

Hi Jade, when you buy the gen 3 iconic shapes you get autofit for them. I have autofitted a lot of Gen 3 stuff to genesis. Here’s a few
Sam character wearing edwardian suit
Mavka/kiyoko mix with chiton
Playing with the dress
kiyoko in the dna morphing gown for v3

Image Attachments
sam_test_fashion_lights.pngSadie_chablis_texture_with_kiyoko_2.pngThedress_cowl_adjustments_plus_lock_distance.pngkiyokomorphinggown.png
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2005-01-19

With Iconic shapes for gen3, links is above post by GreyMouser69. It is not free. Never, it had been free. Morphs can be obtained using genx add-on for gen3, also using morph loader, free with DS4, but you need repair some il-posed points with hexagon, so, is better pay genx add-on for gen3.

It’s a render with shukky free armor for V3 autofited in genesis with toon amy morph.

Image Attachments
v3_cloth_in_genesis_amy_toon.png
 Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

According to daz the gen 3 iconic shapes give you the gen3 clones for auto fit so it is supposed to work, at least as well as the gen4 auto fit does.  I have the shapes but have yet to try the auto fit functions.

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2005-01-19

It’s a mophs for V4 by morphs loader, but the same method works with gen3 morphs

Image Attachments
V3fen.png
 Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 27 October 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Opps, I’m behind the times. You folks are 100% correct. Just never sunk in to my thicker than normal head. I’ll jump on this bandwagon as I could use it for some of my stuff. (Place broken Red faced Smiley here)

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 October 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

Are you kidding?  The whole auto fit option is 99% of the reason I grabbed the gen3 iconic bundle and d3 shape in the first place lol.  I have TONS of gen3 and gen4 content that is VERY helpful to be able to use auto fit to use with genesis!

Posted: 27 October 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

That’s the same reason I bought Gen3 Iconic. However the shapes would also come in handy making anime/toon type characters also I would imagine.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

Here is Genesis wearing Billy-T’s jeans & tank top for Stephanie 3, via autofit.

Image Attachments
fun_with_autofit_by_canary3d-d5fmftv.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

methinks the king is wearing no clothes ;p

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

1 of 3