Digital Art Zone

Are these products DAZ 3D Originals or not?
Posted: 27 October 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2012-01-22

A couple of months ago, I purchased the following products

Dynamic Sportwear
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-sports-wear-for-m4

Dynamic Polo shirt
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-dynamic-polo-shirt

Dynamic T Shirt
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-dynamic-t-shirt

I’m pretty sure they were Vendor=DAZ3D

Now they don’t say DAZ3D ( I’m assuming the previous “Vendor” field now is “Shop more by”  , is this assumption correct?

Altough, If I search and filter by DAZ3D vendor those products appear, then,  are them DAZ3D Originals or not? 

It’s important to me because I have an Indie Dev License that only allows DAZ3D Originals

Thank you

Posted: 27 October 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10646
Joined  2005-10-07

it’s 50% like the other daz originals.  but could be store glitches.

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1769
Joined  2005-12-31

I would contact customer support to be sure. I doubt if the sports wear has ever been daz owned but could be wrong. The other two I think are, but a few items in the store are treated as DAZ originals when they are not. Best plan is to check with CS and make sure.

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15689
Joined  2003-10-09

Normally anything which was by Optitex was counted as a DO, I am not certain on the sportswear one though, as there is another PA included on that one.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

They all were DAZ Originals; I have the sportswear in my wishlist and noticed the change the other day.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-07-02

I have the polo shirt and the t-shirt, and checking my records shows DAZ and OptiTex as the vendor, which would make them DAZ originals.  Don’t have the sportswear, though, so I don’t know about that one.

Posted: 28 October 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2006-05-14

It looks like all the dynamic clothing is now shown at full price without Platinum Club discount, with vendor Optitex - even older definitely DAZ owned items like the Century Nightgown and Queen of Ages. Contact support, to see if there has been a glitch.

I always take screen shots of everything I buy, just in case. But I don’t know the rules if you buy something to use in a game under your license, and then DAZ changes ownership.