3 of 3
Bryce Bridge DazStudio
Posted: 23 November 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2006-11-17

Hi Rashad,

Rashad Carter - 28 October 2012 04:09 AM

Kerya’s permissions issue is a new observation and could well be the root of her problem. But do notice how after she applied the fix it did enable the bridge to operate in both admin and guest user modes, so if anything it has improved the flexibility of her bridge.

There was a post on the old forum with problem of the Bridge on limited/guest account. I did post a reply showing reg entries to add. But it looks like that problem is solved.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  726
Joined  2006-05-26

Thanks for jumping in here, Steve. This stuff is waaaay out of my league so I dont want to mislead anyone. Thanks again.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 23 November 2012 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2006-11-17

Hi Rashad,

I just made a first install. On Win7_64 (nothing else installed/or been installed on this HD image):-

DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64 then Bryce 7.1.0.109_win32

The Bridge, by default, is working in both directions.
I am going to check through the monitor log, which may take a while…....

—————————————-

Bryce is finding DS via ~\user\name\Appdata\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dzInstall.ini
That file contains the location of both DS and Bryce. That file was not there when I checked previously (when on the other forum). Bryce still looks for the reg entry for DS3

On checking logs, both DS4.5 and Bryce write to file dzInstall.ini during installation.

———————————————

Hexagon is also writing its installation location to the dzInstall.ini file, and is accessing that to find DS4.5 (Hexagon also looks for DS3 reg entries)

So, the bridge is currently working both ways for DS4.5<>Bryce7 and DS4.5<>Hexagon2.5.1.79.

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5879
Joined  2006-02-20
Steve athome - 23 November 2012 07:42 PM

It looks like most problems are now solved, apart from the DS <> Hexagon bridge. Is that problem from a limited account / admin account or both? (and which OS?)

How to get the Hexagon Bridge (got it in another thread, but copying here too):

ReDave - 31 October 2012 03:36 PM

@Kerya: can’t remember for sure, and it looks like I don’t have Hexagon on this computer, but it’s either in the dzInstall.ini file (Documents\<username>\Application Data\DAZ 3D) or in the registry.

Thank you!!!!!!
It’s the dzInstall.ini in appdata - I had one as admin, but not as user.
I just copied it over - and voilà! Working Bridge!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2003-10-09

Wow. Thank you all. I’ve actually loaded up Bryce and used the Bridge. Haven’t done that since 5.5.

I do have Studio3-64 and 4.5 installed on this machine and the latest version of Bryce. First I opened Studio but it didn’t recognize my Bryce version. So I closed it and opened Bryce which ‘sent something’ (nothing selected) to Studio 3 which automagically loaded up Studio 4.5. After that Studio sent stuff to Bryce no problem and I was sending klipspringers to Bryce and back again one after another.

I didn’t have to go near the registry. But it’s been so long I couldn’t remember how to do much of anything in Bryce—you’d never know I used Bryce every day for about nine years. I’m not sure it’s like riding a bicycle.

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3538
Joined  2004-10-01

Welcome back to Bryce then. Bryce is fun. Version 7.1 can do a lot more than 5.5. I still use 5.5 with Studio 2.3, 6.1 with Studio 3, and Bryce 7.1 with Studio 4.5.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 February 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2950
Joined  2004-10-25
Rashad Carter - 28 October 2012 02:38 AM

Yes, Horo. You wont have a problem with any of it because you already had DS3 installed before you installed Ds4. It is for users who have never installed DS3 that this problem arises.

@Rashad - This is good to know as I had DS 3A installed first, though I think I may have installed DS 4 Pro before Bryce 7.

@Horo - You mentioned that DS 4.5 would be launched.  Does that mean if I have DS 4.0 installed it won’t work, or is that just because you happen to have DS 4.5, rather DS 4.0, installed?

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 18 February 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3538
Joined  2004-10-01

When I had Studio 4.0, it worked fine together with Bryce 7.1. Now I have Studio 4.5 and it works with Bryce 7.1 as well.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 18 February 2013 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2950
Joined  2004-10-25

Ah, OK.  Thanks for the info Horo.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 18 February 2013 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2012-12-01

Anyone know how to fix the Daz 4.5 to Hexagon bridge problem on a Mac?

Posted: 19 February 2013 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5879
Joined  2006-02-20

I don’t know about Macs ... but is it possible to search the harddrive for the dzInstall.ini file?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 18 August 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2013-08-13

Thanks for the info guys.

It’s a little bit disappointing but this piece of information still holds true today.

Windows 7 and not using an admin account. But the funny thing is that even in the registry settings of my administrator I don’t have anything pointing to Bryce7.

Either way; as mentioned earlier, if you simply add the registry key then you’re home free. The only thing Bryce doesn’t seem to like is when you try to start if from DS4 without actually having anything selected to send wink

Bit confusing though; the Hexagon bridge relies on the ini file in ProgramData (which most likely has references to Bryce) whereas the Bryce plugin also relies on the registry.

Oh well; I can now create my sea-scape smile

Signature 

Kind regards, Peter

3 of 3