2 of 3
Bryce Bridge DazStudio
Posted: 28 October 2012 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2006-05-26
bigh - 28 October 2012 03:35 AM
Rashad Carter - 28 October 2012 02:38 AM

Yes, Horo. You wont have a problem with any of it because you already had DS3 installed before you installed Ds4. It is for users who have never installed DS3 that this problem arises.

I don’t have DS 3 installed .

Perhaps you dont have it installed anymore, but you might have had it installed in the past. Even if not the Ds4 installer still creates DS3 keys because the Bryce 7.1 Bridge requires them. If you check your registry you will likely find DS3 keys and if not then that would surprise me. However, I am not an expert on this but if Steve Athome sees this thread he may be able to chime in.

Kerya’s permissions issue is a new observation and could well be the root of her problem. But do notice how after she applied the fix it did enable the bridge to operate in both admin and guest user modes, so if anything it has improved the flexibility of her bridge. But now shes got hexagon issues, no idea how to help with that but maybe it is another permissions issue.

Chohole,
You are not wrong. No need to blush. The Bridge does work fine in DS4.5 for most people, but the issue of DS3 dependence means that every once in a while a user’s registry will get a little screwed and they will have to go in and fix it. All this in my relative layman’s terms.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 28 October 2012 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5478
Joined  2006-02-20

Well -  my administrator account doesn’t have a DS3 key and the bridge works nonetheless. Don’t ask me!
I am happy enough to have it working.
smile

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 28 October 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4573
Joined  2004-07-01
Kerya - 28 October 2012 06:07 AM

Well -  my administrator account doesn’t have a DS3 key and the bridge works nonetheless. Don’t ask me!
smile

have fun smile

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2006-05-26
bigh - 28 October 2012 07:42 AM
Kerya - 28 October 2012 06:07 AM

smile

have fun smile

Ah, but the DS3 key is there when you are logged in as a guest. It’s probably there for all of us just not always visible.

Steve Athome is a genius about this stuff, but I haven’t seen him around lately but I’m sure he could make sense of it for us. Oh well.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

How to get the Hexagon Bridge:

ReDave - 31 October 2012 03:36 PM

@Kerya: can’t remember for sure, and it looks like I don’t have Hexagon on this computer, but it’s either in the dzInstall.ini file (Documents\<username>\Application Data\DAZ 3D) or in the registry.

Thank you!!!!!!
It’s the dzInstall.ini in appdata - I had one as admin, but not as user.
I just copied it over - and voilĂ ! Working Bridge!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 19 November 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-09-18

I’m running XP 32bit with DAZ pro 4.0.3.47 and Bryce pro 7.1.0.74 and after adding the registry keys I can export from DAZ to Bryce but not vice versa. In fact, I don’t even get the dialog box that Horo posted the screenshots of. No matter if I use the pulldown menu or click on the DAZ icon, Bryce just ignores my request…

Any thoughts on this?

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Did you add the InstallPath registry keys in the DS3, DS4 and Bryce folder?
Because I’ve got the bridge working both ways since adding them.

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-09-18

Yes, I added the installpath keys for both DAZ3 and Bryce7 and still can’t export from Bryce. But I am running different versions than you are. I’m considering an upgrade as a workaround…

Does anyone know if I can just install the latest versions ontop of the previous ones, or do I need to go for the fresh install?

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Because you say ” I added the installpath keys for both DAZ3 and Bryce7” - are you sure you have one in DazStudio4?

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
artificer - 19 November 2012 04:52 AM

Yes, I added the installpath keys for both DAZ3 and Bryce7 and still can’t export from Bryce. But I am running different versions than you are. I’m considering an upgrade as a workaround…

Does anyone know if I can just install the latest versions ontop of the previous ones, or do I need to go for the fresh install?

I’m not sure about Studio but if you install the latest version of Bryce over an older version it will overwrite your presets folder. So if you have alot of hard to replace custom presets you should save a copy of your presets folder somewhere else.

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2007-09-18

@Kerya: I changed the DAZ install path to read DAZ3 instead of DAZ4, as per the instructions. I had to manually add a Bryce key and registry value, as it didn’t exist

@LordHardDriven: I was afraid of that. Yeah, gonna have to do some exports and backups…

Posted: 20 November 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
artificer - 19 November 2012 09:29 PM

@Kerya: I changed the DAZ install path to read DAZ3 instead of DAZ4, as per the instructions. I had to manually add a Bryce key and registry value, as it didn’t exist

@LordHardDriven: I was afraid of that. Yeah, gonna have to do some exports and backups…

Ehm - I didn’t understand the instructions to change the install path to read Daz3 instead of Daz4 - I just added it.

So I have keys for
Bryce7
Studio3
Studio4
in my registry.

All with install paths and I faked the install path for DS3 and wrote the path to Studio4 inside the folder Studio3.

The bridge works for me in both directions.

I hope this helps (English is not my native language, sorry).

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2007-09-18

Okay, I was able to get a workaround by installing the latest version of Bryce (7.1.0.109) and now the bridge behaves as expected. Now, this isn’t exactly a fix, per se but it does address the issue for me. This is just an FYI for anyone else experencing this issue or those who are simply interested

@Kerya: I altered the keys where I could and created them where they didn’t exist. Everything is working now. Your English is much better than my Deutsch and I had no problems understanding what you meant. In fact, if you hadn’t said anything you could’ve passed for a native speaker…

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

It’s great to hear that it works now! smile
Thank you for your compliments. red face

Signature 

Posted: 23 November 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2006-11-17

Hi Rashed,

Rashad Carter - 28 October 2012 02:43 AM

It seems that creating our own DS3 keys, while effective for the basic function of the bridge, seems to break the function of the drop down that should list which version of DS are available. For me I get nothing on the drop down but because of the registry edits it still starts DS4.5 for me.

That is not something I checked.
Which versions of DS do you have installed?

It looks like most problems are now solved, apart from the DS <> Hexagon bridge. Is that problem from a limited account / admin account or both? (and which OS?)

I know there can be problems due to the order in which the programmes are installed, maybe there is a specific search function on installation?.
I will finish off what I am doing, then make a clean installation of the various versions of DS and then Bryce and Hexagon, then clean install them in different orders and monitor what they are doing/looking for to use the bridge.

2 of 3