Digital Art Zone

Installing V4
Posted: 26 October 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  772
Joined  2012-09-24

I think I have figured out how to install Genesis content, but I just purchased one of the V4 bundles and I am trying to figure out what to install.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6 on a PC Win7 64 bit machine. I don’t have DS 4.0 and I don’t have Poser. I just want to install for DS 4.5.

The order had two V4.2++ installers, described as:

ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe - pc
ps_pe069_Victoria4DS.exe - pc

I installed both of these to my My Library directory, and I can find V4.2. in my Content Library tab and add her to a scene. Did I need to install both files?

Now I want to install the skin maps, for example the Std skin map. This has 3 installers, described as:

V4 Skin Maps Std - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS Metadata - exe - pc

The actual files names after downloading are:

3922_V4SkinMapsStd_1.0_dpc.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDS_1.0_ds.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDSMetaData_1.0_ds.exe

Which of these files do I need to install? The dpc file is much bigger than the other 2 (even more for HR skin map), so i’m guess it contains the actual bitmaps and needs to be installed. Do I need to install both the DS and DSMetaData files.

My guess is I need to install the dpc and DSMetaData files. The DS file is for older versions of DS. Is this correct?

Signature 

DAZ Gallery

Renderosity Gallery

Deviant Art Gallery

My Art Studio Thread

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5132
Joined  2012-04-07
mark - 26 October 2012 09:33 PM

I think I have figured out how to install Genesis content, but I just purchased one of the V4 bundles and I am trying to figure out what to install.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6 on a PC Win7 64 bit machine. I don’t have DS 4.0 and I don’t have Poser. I just want to install for DS 4.5.

The order had two V4.2++ installers, described as:

ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe - pc
ps_pe069_Victoria4DS.exe - pc

I installed both of these to my My Library directory, and I can find V4.2. in my Content Library tab and add her to a scene. Did I need to install both files?

Now I want to install the skin maps, for example the Std skin map. This has 3 installers, described as:

V4 Skin Maps Std - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS Metadata - exe - pc

The actual files names after downloading are:

3922_V4SkinMapsStd_1.0_dpc.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDS_1.0_ds.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDSMetaData_1.0_ds.exe

Which of these files do I need to install? The dpc file is much bigger than the other 2 (even more for HR skin map), so i’m guess it contains the actual bitmaps and needs to be installed. Do I need to install both the DS and DSMetaData files.

My guess is I need to install the dpc and DSMetaData files. The DS file is for older versions of DS. Is this correct?

Install ‘em all. The ds files are the D/S mats and/or puppeteer items.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8994
Joined  2007-11-06

I’ll have to check, as the last time I checked these had not been repackaged in Bitrock installers with metadata.  However, for the older installers, the DS versions are DS-optimized material presets, so you DO want to install them and load the textures from the DS-format folders rather than the Poser ones.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products