4 of 7
Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?
Posted: 01 November 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4109
Joined  2011-11-25
Half Life - 01 November 2012 08:43 AM

I’m all for new genesis version of David (I guess it would be D4?)—I find Stephanie 5 much more appealing/realistic than any V5… and I feel pretty much the same about M5, great for “ideal” or heroic characters but lacking in “well-built but still everyday” realism.

I also find Hitomi to be more my taste in anime style than the previous versions of Aiko.

Great render. She does look very realistic.

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3363
Joined  2012-02-06

Considering that DAZ is a business, and we can assume that their primary motivating factor is profit:

There will be an Aiko 5 if there is enough demand for her (and enough room in the product schedule to support another major Genesis character before the next generation begins). The same can be said of David 5, Freak 5, etc.

I’d guess that as long as H5 sells well, A5 is very likely to follow (even if the original planned A5 became Hitomi). So we’d have two major anime females and one male…considering that we’re talking about anime, that’s a pretty average gender ratio. wink

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

+1 for She-Freak 5. I think this one is already on it’s way as R_Kane is working on a muscular female called Amozonia or some such like that.

+1 for Freak 5. But we don’t really need one.

-1 on every other potential figure, especially another anime girl called Aiko 5. I’m happy with Hitomi who is, to me, Aiko 5.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4861
Joined  2009-02-26

+1 on Luke&Laura; 5- YES WE DO NEED THEM, a long standing thread proves that!
+1 on kids 5 - Like teens, basic youth is ridiculously basic, and lacks gen 5 support.
+1 on David5 - We got steph5 come on now.

On Aiko, yeah fare enough. Hitomi is brilliant for that role.

I also agree, F5 and SF5 would be welcomed releases smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 01 November 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Debating on whether to say anything cause I don’t wan to tick people off…

I think we have a lot of freakishly muscular men already, so the Freak would need to have some interesting elements to really bring value to the table. It is doable though.

I haven’t tried to make a muscular female in several months. I’ve got 4 or 5 muscle mags for reference over the years from when I used to draw. They are all swimsuit editions that are really good references.  Many of these women can have a good assortment of feminine curvy figures, without going into manly territory. They have muscles that are developed differently, different shapes and of course some of them not my type and very heavy weight extreme.

For SF5, I would like to see shapes based on these sorts of moderate figures and not just fantasy She-Hulks(or heavy weights for that matter). For SF4 I could barely tell the difference in figures unless they were all in the same scene. Granted its very easy to just dial in percentages, but because the extreme figures are shaped differently than how moderate fitness models are structured its really not the same thing.

Of course it’s not my obsession otherwise I prolly could tweak to death and get something about right. I prolly should try with what I have anyway. I know SF4 wasn’t designed for the casual fitness model admirer though, she’s for those who want She-Hulk renders.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  987
Joined  2012-01-29

I support making of new versions of all previous Gen 3 and Gen 4 figures - Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5, Aiko 5, Kids 5, Teens 5 etc., simply everyone. The more, the better. smile But they should look different from Gen 3 and 4 versions, for whom we have Genesis shapes already, and have their own, fresh, interesting, distinct looks.

Posted: 01 November 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2003-10-09

I actually see no reason for a Girl 5.

The Girl 4 was a near exact replica of the original Girl. There is a Girl 4 bodyshape for Genesis. So what would a Girl 5 bring besides a minor tweak to the morph?

Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 01 November 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
+1 to infant
+1 to She/He Freak
+1 to any form of elder…  Or age morph for existing genesis.

Posted: 01 November 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2012-02-03
Spyro - 01 November 2012 08:39 AM

Add me to the SF 5 and F 5 wish. They are cool! However, I want a nice head to go with SF, I hated her generation 4 head!

Interestingly, I cant find that item anywhere. SF had a brute and manly head… I’m pretty sure that was SF unless I’m mistaken :S

The Gen4 SF comes with 8 heads; I only found one I didn’t care for; there’s something weird going on between the upper lip and nose that seems off. The other seven are really useable. I just got Tough Ladies and Strong women working last night (I needed to install The Girl 4 and V4 Elite shapes first), and plan to convert them with GenX soon. That should give me a lot of strong females to play with.

Posted: 01 November 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2012-02-03
SereneNight - 01 November 2012 02:59 PM

I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
+1 to infant
+1 to She/He Freak

Some aging morphs would be very welcome. As far as infants go, this seems to be ok:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/baby-for-genesis .

This one is called a baby, but might work for a toddler:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-baby-for-genesis/95008 .

Posted: 01 November 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2010-02-14
Scott-Livingston - 01 November 2012 10:51 AM

I’d guess that as long as H5 sells well, A5 is very likely to follow (even if the original planned A5 became Hitomi). So we’d have two major anime females and one male…considering that we’re talking about anime, that’s a pretty average gender ratio. wink

And he will! We speculated the same thing would happen if Hitomi sold well enough. Later this year she made it into the popular Genesis product sale. Hiro, though never as popular as Aiko, is still pretty big.

And yes, I welcome more core characters in more already supported genres! If we can have Stephanie AND Victoria, then we can most certainly have Hitomi AND Aiko! grin

Proxima Shining - 01 November 2012 01:09 PM

I support making of new versions of all previous Gen 3 and Gen 4 figures - Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5, Aiko 5, Kids 5, Teens 5 etc., simply everyone. The more, the better. smile But they should look different from Gen 3 and 4 versions, for whom we have Genesis shapes already, and have their own, fresh, interesting, distinct looks.

Exactly! That’s what was supposed to be the whole points of Genesis, wasn’t it? With Genesis’ versatility, there is NO excuse why any type of character can’t be supported. smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
riftwitch - 01 November 2012 04:10 PM
SereneNight - 01 November 2012 02:59 PM

I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
+1 to infant
+1 to She/He Freak

Some aging morphs would be very welcome. As far as infants go, this seems to be ok:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/baby-for-genesis .

This one is called a baby, but might work for a toddler:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-baby-for-genesis/95008 .

Oops, my bad, I probably shouldn’t have included infant. But I do have that… But there is absolutely nothing for him/her. Zip. No good poses (except what is included), no ethnicity, nada. I have been hankering for some genesis baby poses, since they are so different than toddler/child. Yeah, I can put genesis clothing on infant, but, to me infant clothing should be different. Plus, no real good baby hair.

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

I don’t know WHAT Knight22179 is talking about…. really. *shrugs and looks innocent*

Image Attachments
Amazona-StillBrewing.jpg
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1546
Joined  2009-08-08
SereneNight - 31 October 2012 05:49 PM

I hate to discourage any creation of a male figures, since that is what I like best, but really is there a market for David 5? The reason I’m saying this, is I bought the genesis version a while ago, and never use him. =-(  He languishes in my runtime. No accessories, skins, or anything were ever made for him. He was just a genesis bodytype. I just don’t use him, sad to say, not when there is so much more for Michael.

I don’t really think of Steph or David as teens really. To me they are just thinner/petiter characters. Are they supposed to be teenagers? Their faces with the exception of a few skins I’ve seen in the store, seem at least 20 to me, and some of the faces for david could be any age.

I like Steph for a few of her darker mid tone skins. But I always make her taller. And the curvier body is great. I’d love a she freak too, and a freak.

Girl, I don’t care for, but I don’t care for toons.

It seems like he’s mostly there as an autofit target. There was a reasonable amount of clothing out there for him that people want to reuse. He may also be a GenX target. A *lot* of people considered D3 superior to M3 (and may be right, if he was a later figure he may have more advanced technology. Steph 4 was a long way in advance of V4—being nearly 4 years newer) and have characters built on that base that they want to port over.

I think originally David and Stephanie were intended as young adults/college age figures. But I suspect that they were less marketed as an age target than as adventure figures. Most of their clothing is decidedly adventure oriented. And then Aiko was spun off from Stephanie and there was enough of a market for Anime style that It turned into its own niche.

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

Clueless, really…

Image Attachments
Amazona-StillBrewing2.jpg
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

4 of 7