3 of 7
Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?
Posted: 31 October 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2012-01-29
Jay_NOLA - 31 October 2012 04:53 PM

Out of curiosity has any one looked at the promo pics for True Love product yet?  as thinking of that and this thread when I saw those pics.

Don’t forget that Hitomi is not a DAZ original so, I suspect we will see an Aiko 5 at some point with various DAZ purchasing options for her like Hiro 5 is getting.

I looked at the promos, there is H5, Hitomi, Jason, Amy, Jasmin, M5 and V5. Don´t see any Aiko 5 anywhere. Thought I did, but it turned out to be Hitomi.

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4588
Joined  2011-11-25

I hate to discourage any creation of a male figures, since that is what I like best, but really is there a market for David 5? The reason I’m saying this, is I bought the genesis version a while ago, and never use him. =-(  He languishes in my runtime. No accessories, skins, or anything were ever made for him. He was just a genesis bodytype. I just don’t use him, sad to say, not when there is so much more for Michael.

I don’t really think of Steph or David as teens really. To me they are just thinner/petiter characters. Are they supposed to be teenagers? Their faces with the exception of a few skins I’ve seen in the store, seem at least 20 to me, and some of the faces for david could be any age.

I like Steph for a few of her darker mid tone skins. But I always make her taller. And the curvier body is great. I’d love a she freak too, and a freak.

Girl, I don’t care for, but I don’t care for toons.

Posted: 31 October 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09
Bejaymac - 30 October 2012 07:44 PM

First off there is only one Generation 5 base figure, and that’s Genesis, every other character DAZ makes for it is nothing more than a character morph and texture set, no different to any of the other sets that are available for every other figure though out the Poserverse.

Actually that’s not true. Yes, Genesis is the base figure for the other DAZ figures/shapes, (like the unimesh was for gen 4) but there’s a lot more to them, (and a lot more work) than just a morph and new textures.

westonmi wrote:

She has morphs specific to her shape for things like closing her eyes.  These morphs do not have visible dials, but they are tied into visible dials so that when you have the V5 shape and you use the dial to close her eyes it will be V5’s eye closing morphs that will be applied.  All the Genesis shapes have this while characters do not.  So there is a lot going on that isn’t readily visible.

Also, V5 and M5 (and S5 etc) have more detail, more morphs, new uv’s and have weight mapping specifically tweaked for them.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 31 October 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1708
Joined  2010-02-14

Out of curiosity has any one looked at the promo pics for True Love product yet?  as thinking of that and this thread when I saw those pics.

Don’t forget that Hitomi is not a DAZ original so, I suspect we will see an Aiko 5 at some point with various DAZ purchasing options for her like Hiro 5 is getting.

My point exactly! That’s why it doesn’t make sense that a DAZ Icon who’s already partnered with another character would suddenly become’s the partner of a completely new character. Though, something I must confess. I do now seem to recall that someone ONCE said, I THINK it was one of the DAZ Team, themselves said that Hitomi was an attempt to broaden the DAZ Anime genre. If that’s the case, then what could this mean for Aiko?

If we think about it. one of the key factors about Aiko is that she’s always been a more relatively “realistic” style of anime girl, and was the inspiration of most of the Sci-Fi Mech and J-Pop Fantasy. in Gen 4 both her and Hiro took a bit of a more “Video Game” appeal. We all agreed that Hitomi was a big home-coming to the actual Anime-Toon style that was sorely missed in A3. So my guess is, if A5 is still coming, she’ll continue to maintain that more “Realistic Game” style. Again, just a thought… wink

SereneNight - 31 October 2012 05:49 PM

I hate to discourage any creation of a male figures, since that is what I like best, but really is there a market for David 5? The reason I’m saying this, is I bought the genesis version a while ago, and never use him. =-(  He languishes in my runtime. No accessories, skins, or anything were ever made for him. He was just a genesis bodytype. I just don’t use him, sad to say, not when there is so much more for Michael.

I don’t really think of Steph or David as teens really. To me they are just thinner/petiter characters. Are they supposed to be teenagers? Their faces with the exception of a few skins I’ve seen in the store, seem at least 20 to me, and some of the faces for david could be any age.

I like Steph for a few of her darker mid tone skins. But I always make her taller. And the curvier body is great. I’d love a she freak too, and a freak.

The very same could be said for Stephanie. Is there really that much of a market for her? V5’s Supermodel shape really slims and contours her greatly in the way that S4’s special parameters did for V4. David 3 had some nice skins too. And the pectoral chest and lean proportions were great as well.

I wouldn’t say they were made directly with older teens in mind, but S4 certainly proved to be quite the satisfactory substitute. S5 executes this fashion as well, VERY well. smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

V5 SM is very tall and very lanky. Not cute at all, more like an underfeed amazon.

If you want something similar to S5 you don’t want to dial any SM I at all. You should look at V5 next to any S5 morph and you will see that. I can never add any V5SM to any character without it going into the unappealing zone. S5 on the other hand does a good job of shortening the ladies and keeping them natural and feminine.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Please look at this reference render. See how V5SM and S5 are on opposite ends of the spectrum?

Yes there are ways to use V5 or even BF to get a Steph5 like figure, but using V5SM isn’t a direct route at all LOL. Notice the huge difference in hips, S5 has them and V5SM doesn’t. V5SM has noticeable ABS, and S5 has softer definition.

Image Attachments
girl_compairision.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2012-01-29
RCDeschene - 31 October 2012 07:59 PM

That’s why it doesn’t make sense that a DAZ Icon who’s already partnered with another character would suddenly become’s the partner of a completely new character.

I think it is obvious - Hiro 5 cheats on Aiko with Hitomi… tongue rolleye Bad Hiro! LOL

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4968
Joined  2009-02-26

News7 did a piece on Hiro who has a grisly divorce with Aiko, but he is nonetheless moving on tongue laugh

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6801/P240

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
Spyro - 01 November 2012 03:12 AM

News7 did a piece on Hiro who has a grisly divorce with Aiko, but he is nonetheless moving on tongue laugh

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6801/P240

And is happy with Hitomi, who is A5’s replacement. tongue wink

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2012-02-03

+1 for a Genesis She-Freak (with a better name, too). Maybe the market isn’t big enough for it? I converted the Gen4 version with GenX, and I’ve gotten some lovely results. It’s very different from simply adding the bodybuilder morph to a female figure.

I’m not much into toons either, but I’ve found that dialing in just a tiny bit of a toon can make for some interesting realistic figures. I picked up the Gen4 version of The Girl during the recent sale; it was worth it for just the skin texture.

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Add me to the SF 5 and F 5 wish. They are cool! However, I want a nice head to go with SF, I hated her generation 4 head!

Interestingly, I cant find that item anywhere. SF had a brute and manly head… I’m pretty sure that was SF unless I’m mistaken :S

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2012-03-01

I’m all for new genesis version of David (I guess it would be D4?)—I find Stephanie 5 much more appealing/realistic than any V5… and I feel pretty much the same about M5, great for “ideal” or heroic characters but lacking in “well-built but still everyday” realism.

I also find Hitomi to be more my taste in anime style than the previous versions of Aiko.

Image Attachments
pose9_HDRLS2.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Half Life - 01 November 2012 08:43 AM

I’m all for new genesis version of David (I guess it would be D4?)—I find Stephanie 5 much more appealing/realistic than any V5… and I feel pretty much the same about M5, great for “ideal” or heroic characters but lacking in “well-built but still everyday” realism.

I also find Hitomi to be more my taste in anime style than the previous versions of Aiko.

A new David would be David5… The number refers to the figure generation, not the released number of versions of the character. I don’t think David even existed in generation 2 and 1.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
riftwitch - 01 November 2012 08:30 AM

+1 for a Genesis She-Freak (with a better name, too). Maybe the market isn’t big enough for it? I converted the Gen4 version with GenX, and I’ve gotten some lovely results. It’s very different from simply adding the bodybuilder morph to a female figure.

I’m not much into toons either, but I’ve found that dialing in just a tiny bit of a toon can make for some interesting realistic figures. I picked up the Gen4 version of The Girl during the recent sale; it was worth it for just the skin texture.

Interesting points, and something to consider. Didn’t consider the Girl’s skin might be fun. Also agree about renaming She Freak. It won’t happen, but I never found either the freak or she freak that freakish… =-)

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
RCDeschene - 31 October 2012 07:59 PM

My point exactly! That’s why it doesn’t make sense that a DAZ Icon who’s already partnered with another character would suddenly become’s the partner of a completely new character. Though, something I must confess. I do now seem to recall that someone ONCE said, I THINK it was one of the DAZ Team, themselves said that Hitomi was an attempt to broaden the DAZ Anime genre. If that’s the case, then what could this mean for Aiko?

If we think about it. one of the key factors about Aiko is that she’s always been a more relatively “realistic” style of anime girl, and was the inspiration of most of the Sci-Fi Mech and J-Pop Fantasy. in Gen 4 both her and Hiro took a bit of a more “Video Game” appeal. We all agreed that Hitomi was a big home-coming to the actual Anime-Toon style that was sorely missed in A3. So my guess is, if A5 is still coming, she’ll continue to maintain that more “Realistic Game” style. Again, just a thought… wink

The very same could be said for Stephanie. Is there really that much of a market for her? V5’s Supermodel shape really slims and contours her greatly in the way that S4’s special parameters did for V4. David 3 had some nice skins too. And the pectoral chest and lean proportions were great as well.

I wouldn’t say they were made directly with older teens in mind, but S4 certainly proved to be quite the satisfactory substitute. S5 executes this fashion as well, VERY well. smile

I am not disagreeing. I think the more characters particularly diverse ones which present different body types are great. I was just disappointed when I bought david 3, and there was nothing made for the poor guy at all. Stephanie however, seems a popular morph.

I have great use for Stephanie, even thought I was initially leery. Her bodyshape is useful, and I agree about her realism. I tend to dial her height up a bit, but I also like the shaders… Its great to be able to adjust her skintone in the way they did with the included shaders. I use those shaders a lot. Wish they were included with michael and other characters. Great stuff.

3 of 7