2 of 7
Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?
Posted: 31 October 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Spyro - 31 October 2012 01:45 AM

It could also be speculated that Daz didn’t offer MallenLane enough $$$ for Hitomi… Perhaps in the long run, Mallen predicted it would be more profitable to keep it a PA item.

Ding Ding. That’s my point.  There are many reasons it may not be a DO, so continuously forcing the issue is needless IMO. It’s also a bit rude LOL. I don’t like talking numbers about my business even with friends so I never understand how in circles like this people think they should have all the info.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1541
Joined  2010-02-14
larsmidnatt - 31 October 2012 01:48 AM
Spyro - 31 October 2012 01:45 AM

It could also be speculated that Daz didn’t offer MallenLane enough $$$ for Hitomi… Perhaps in the long run, Mallen predicted it would be more profitable to keep it a PA item.

Ding Ding. That’s my point.  There are many reasons it may not be a DO, so continuously forcing the issue is needless IMO. It’s also a bit rude LOL. I don’t like talking numbers about my business even with friends so I never understand how in circles like this people think they should have all the info.

Maybe because we’re the target customers? You know, the people who are actually fueling this company’s income? tongue wink

Don’t worry, I hear you, and very much agree. But for people like me who were drawn into this whole hobby world because of the various character sets, it’s a bit upsetting (and it’s WORSE when you have OCD LOL). The duo of Aiko & Hiro is what actually attracted me into DAZ two years ago, back when my interest in anime was bigger. Specifically, A4 & H4 were the first characters I ever used where I then learned about their Gen 3 counterparts along with David and the rest.

So, basically, my petty pathos is, “they were my first ones”. I’ll get over it, definitely. Even I must come to terms, having Hitomi is much better than not having anything at all, right? wink

Now, if only the SOMETHING along the same lines could be done for an up-to-date lean male alternative for M5…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4910
Joined  2009-02-26

David 5 will arrive when we least expect it tongue laugh

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
RCDeschene - 31 October 2012 02:30 AM

Maybe because we’re the target customers? You know, the people who are actually fueling this company’s income? tongue wink

Don’t worry, I hear you, and very much agree. But for people like me who were drawn into this whole hobby world because of the various character sets, it’s a bit upsetting (and it’s WORSE when you have OCD LOL). The duo of Aiko & Hiro is what actually attracted me into DAZ two years ago, back when my interest in anime was bigger. Specifically, A4 & H4 were the first characters I ever used where I then learned about their Gen 3 counterparts along with David and the rest.

So, basically, my petty pathos is, “they were my first ones”. smile I’ll get over it, definitely. Even I must come to terms, having Hitomi is much better than not having anything at all, right? wink  Now, if only the SOMETHING could be done for an up-to-date lean male alternative for M5…

I am not the “gotta catch em all” type, but I can see that is where you are coming from. That is why I was trying to liberate you from that mentality wink No point in waiting several months for something when you can get by without.

I’m not here for the name brands, personally. But if I was here for the character sets I think that is covered well. I’ve got so much diversity that I DON’T buy characters anymore because I’ve hit a saturation point. Anything new would have to bring so much to the table it is hard to fathom. I do understand the market for presets though, it saves time and that is a good reason to release them.

I’m not against D5 by any stretch, but I will pass on him like Hiro5. If A5 came out her face would have to be so unique that the “target audience” would probably pass because they think all anime looks the same anyway. A5 would have a niche following IMO. Frankly I feel that D5 is also an niche because for casual teen male renders you don’t need him. For a lot of people that is all that is needed.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
Spyro - 31 October 2012 02:37 AM

David 5 will arrive when we least expect it tongue laugh

EXACTLY

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1541
Joined  2010-02-14
larsmidnatt - 31 October 2012 02:46 AM

I’m not against D5 by any stretch, but I will pass on him like Hiro5. If A5 came out her face would have to be so unique that the “target audience” would probably pass because they think all anime looks the same anyway. A5 would have a niche following IMO. Frankly I feel that D5 is also an niche because for casual teen male renders you don’t need him. For a lot of people that is all that is needed.

Exactly! All the more reason to exploit them! grin

Though, like I said and as I strongly argue in my petition, there IS an annoying gap in the male body range. David actually fits the description   of a “Real World” male. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I for one think Stephanie has done an acceptable job at providing a female teen role that Laura left behind. If only DAZ would let David do the same for the Luke gap. Basic Child and Face Young only does so much.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 31 October 2012 03:55 AM
larsmidnatt - 31 October 2012 02:46 AM

Exactly! All the more reason to exploit them! grin

Though, like I said and as I strongly argue in my petition, there IS an annoying gap in the male body range. David actually fits the description   of a “Real World” male. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I for one think Stephanie has done an acceptable job at providing a female teen role that Laura left behind. If only DAZ would let David do the same for the Luke gap. Basic Child and Face Young only does so much.

I disagree that David and Steph fill the Luke and Laura roll. David and Steph fill the older teen/ realistic young adult roll. NOT young teens 12-16. Although they can assist creating a L&L young teen age group… I do not consider them a substitute for luke an laura.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

If there is ANY substitute for Luke and Laura, it IS Thorne’s product which is in a lengthy drawn out release.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  242
Joined  2003-10-09
Bejaymac - 30 October 2012 07:44 PM
cwichura - 30 October 2012 06:17 PM

The big question I have is, what would G5 or F5 bring to the table that we don’t already have in the form of their G4 iconic shapes, plus all the other morphs we’ve got from other addons?  (E.g., all the breast morphs V5 added over anything G5 might bring given the Girl is known in part for her cleavage).  Maybe some better joint bends for their extreme bodyshapes, I suppose, but I think even that is already covered by stuff like Mr. Hyde and/or M5 Hero.  And new UV templates wouldn’t really help, since barely any 3rd party vendors even uses the V5/M5/S5 maps as it is, sticking to the V4 maps since they can easily re-use them between Gen 4 and Genesis (plus they have a wider sales audience if they don’t use one of the x5 UV maps that not everyone may have the base product to make work).

Granted, new base figures typically promote a bunch of new clothing and other addons, which is always nice.  But I just don’t know what really new stuff we’d get out of version 5s of these figures that we can’t already do with the iconic V4 shapes.  I’d rather see them come up with some new base shapes, ala Hitomi instead of Aiko 5 (I realize Hitomi is a 3rd party release, but her creator is ex-DAZ and she was promoted heavily by DAZ, just as if she was a DAZ base figure).

First off there is only one Generation 5 base figure, and that’s Genesis, every other character DAZ makes for it is nothing more than a character morph and texture set, no different to any of the other sets that are available for every other figure though out the Poserverse.

The millennium man & woman range of figures were killed off when DAZ made Genesis, now they just use the names as a marketing ploy to pry money from the people that don’t know any better, thinking their buying content for a new figure, when all their doing is buying content for Genesis.

Many people who “know better” regard M5, V5, etc. as “Base Figures” built from the same Genesis MESH, the same way that all of the Gen 4 “Base Figures were “morphs and textures” of the same mesh, the same way all of the Gen 3 “Base Figures” we’re based on the first Unimesh, the same way that the first Stephanie Base Figure was based on the M2 mesh, and the same way the first Aiko and “Maiko” (male Aiko) were morphs of the first Stephanie.

Even with Gen 3 people would mix morphs and textures between “Base Figures”; Genesis has just made it much, much easier and more useful.

The only “marketing ploy” is having provided a method to buy one piece of clothing that fits numerous Base Figures.

I, for one, am grateful that I can now slap a police uniform or space suit on a toon troll… I couldn’t put ANY modern or futuristic clothing on any of the other unique-mesh-trolls I’d purchased, severely limiting their use.

—Walt Sterdan

Posted: 31 October 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  588
Joined  0
Spyro - 31 October 2012 04:03 AM

If there is ANY substitute for Luke and Laura, it IS Thorne’s product which is in a lengthy drawn out release.

I’ve been hearing Thorne has some product coming. What is it? Is there a thread about it somewhere?

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Here… It’s been a discussion for a long time now…

She posted two pics on page 1

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/518/

She also had little hints on the product through the later pages.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
larsmidnatt - 30 October 2012 10:51 PM
Knight22179 - 30 October 2012 07:57 PM

Secondly, until DAZ proves it otherwise, Hitomi IS Aiko 5 just under a different name.

MallenLane said that Hiro5 is what became of Hitomi’s counterpart. Read into it as you like, but i think it closes the loop for me at least. Hitomi is very much Aiko5, at least until Daz tries to come out with another shape just to get more $$. Which I would not fault them for doing. Not saying they will, but hey they came out with S5.

Ahhh, that explains why H5 looks a lot like Hitomi’s big brother. I immedietly saw the resemblance when I saw H5 for the first time. They look look a lot alike to me and this confirms, for me, that Hitomi is Aiko 5.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

considering both were made by the same artist… Yeah, it’s safe to say Hitomi is Aiko.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1133
Joined  2010-11-30

Out of curiosity has any one looked at the promo pics for True Love product yet?  as thinking of that and this thread when I saw those pics.

Don’t forget that Hitomi is not a DAZ original so, I suspect we will see an Aiko 5 at some point with various DAZ purchasing options for her like Hiro 5 is getting.

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10

Well I’m going to continue calling him Takashi… that way he stands on his own merits like Hitomi and avoids the endless comparisons to Hiro. He’s a much different character than Hiro in look and statue and really could have moved into a different direction like Hitomi could. You’ll probably enjoy the character more if you look at him that way rather than doing all the comparisons.

Those names really freed them from the shackles of the previous generation.

2 of 7