Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle disappointment
Posted: 26 October 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-27

While I generally don’t do nude renders, I do find the fact that now DAZ is offering the Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle somewhat disappointing since I think I own all of the products in the bundle, bought separately or in other bundles, but don’t have access to the genitalia. If they will never be sold separately, then a whole lot of people will have to purchase the same content again to get them. Hardly seems fair.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1775
Joined  2005-12-31

This bundle includes:
Michael 5
Victoria 5
Genesis Male Geo-Grafted Genitalia
Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia
Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
Genesis Evolution: Expressions
Genesis Evolution: Muscularity

At least that is what the blurb says.

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1507
Joined  2010-02-14
Khory - 26 October 2012 09:17 PM

This bundle includes:
Michael 5
Victoria 5
Genesis Male Geo-Grafted Genitalia
Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia
Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
Genesis Evolution: Expressions
Genesis Evolution: Muscularity

At least that is what the blurb says.

Exactly, but what he’s saying is that he already owns most of those products and doesn’t want to re-buy them just to get the genitalia.

And I agree with that. To this very day no one can obtain Mike & Vickie’s “special treasures” without having to spend bundle money. I was gladly willing to and very much did so when the V5 & M5 Pro Suites came out. But not everyone has that kind of money or that kind of intention to make those investments;

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

Ahh.. I though there was a confusion since they are already included in the individual bundles as well.

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Basically, I think it would ‘a nice’ thing that if you have bought at least the equivalent value of the parts of the bundle then you should have the option to ‘upgrade’ to the bundle…

Because I’m assuming that all the individual pieces were bought long enough ago, returning them isn’t an option.

One thing I’ve learned over the years with DAZ (especially when dealing with base characters/figures)...unless you absolutely need something, wait a few weeks/months…it will probably be in a bundle.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2366
Joined  2003-12-06

<nod> I have both figures and all the Evolution sets as well, mostly bought at different times. It’s particularly annoying because we’ve been told time and again, when this subject’s been brought up, that the V5/M5 bits will only ever be available in one of the pro bundles — which I never bought because (a) I couldn’t afford them at the time, and (b) I just wasn’t interested in a lot of the stuff DAZ had chosen to put into the bundles. Extremely annoying.

So, how about it, DAZ? Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we’ve been assured many times would never happen, just because we haven’t bought everything in one bundle all at once?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-27
SpottedKitty - 26 October 2012 10:05 PM

<nod> I have both figures and all the Evolution sets as well, mostly bought at different times. It’s particularly annoying because we’ve been told time and again, when this subject’s been brought up, that the V5/M5 bits will only ever be available in one of the pro bundles — which I never bought because (a) I couldn’t afford them at the time, and (b) I just wasn’t interested in a lot of the stuff DAZ had chosen to put into the bundles. Extremely annoying.

So, how about it, DAZ? Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we’ve been assured many times would never happen, just because we haven’t bought everything in one bundle all at once?

Yep, everything you said is exactly my situation and I agree totally.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we’ve been assured many times would never happen

You mean are they going to change their mind from the original decision (made before V5 came out) not to sell the gens alone? Doubtful. For one thing they couldn’t do ANY promo images of the products so the product would be a big blank space with a price tag.

Posted: 27 October 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  716
Joined  2006-05-26

SOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daz, my dear Daz, are you people seriously NUTS?

First off, this new bundle should have been offered a LONG time ago. I mean, this bundle is perfectly timed for the new Poser/genesis users. But what about me who’s been using Genesis for over a year and has already bought all of the pieces of the current bundle individually.? I guess I am left out in the cold. Not right!

So for me to spend another $124 just to gain some genitals is well…....freaky. I aint that desperate!!!!!!!!!!  Mamma aint raised no fool!!!!!!!!

Obviously, preventing the gens from ending up in the wrong hands is paramount. No one under 18, no use in scenes with young or child-like looking characters. Obviously.

But rather than to deal with the real issues of lawful usage. Daz has instead decided to hide the acquisition of the gens within over priced bundles as if price alone will keep the crazies away. So basically, the only deterrent is the price. Price is not an obstacle for the crazies. The message Daz is sending with the current approach is that Daz doesnt care how you use the gens, as long as you overpaid for them.

Bad. Bad Bad of Daz. YOU ARE SENDING THE WRONG MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!

Here’s the truth:
1. Daz owes a debt to all Genesis users, not just the most recent Poser converts. Daz owes it to all of us to make the gens affordable to all of us.Period.
2. Along with the current bundles, The gens need to be sold as a separate product. Otherwise, no one will buy them.
3. Gens though important, are not worth another $124. Get over yourselves, Daz!!!!!!!! If it remains this difficult to purchase, I will just continue to do without them. Another lost sale for Daz.

SOLUTION:
1. Create a new product called the “Gen 5 Adult Bundle.”
2. Just like the Carrara 8 Pro upgrade where users must call Daz directly to arrange the download, so would be the Gen 5 Adult Bundle. One would need to call Daz directly.
3. Users who inquire by phone will be given a contract via email. This contract will state the unique usage guidelines for this product. Only once the email has been agreed upon and returned can the sale be completed. This contract will ensure that no one under age 18 purchases the gens and that purchasers dont break the law in how they use the genitals in scenes. The contract could even be art of the product page. Honestly, there’s nothing to hide from the public….its about keeping our kids safe while still keeping the store’s doors open. It’s not rocket science.
4. And then like magic, an old time Genesis user like myself can finally afford the stupid toast so I can make my own textures.

or….

You could make the gens free for anyone who has already purchased the items offered in the current bundle. Seems fair to me.

Figure it out Daz. Again, I am a loyal but disappointed customer. Dont screw me around.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 27 October 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3380
Joined  2009-08-05

Daz should sell the Genitals with a cheaper bundle…...or a seperate product. Those bundle prices are too steap for most and too be honest, the Genitals are not even that great.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4219
Joined  2011-11-25

I’m actually kinda the opposite. I don’t want or need genitals, as I do not do nude renders. I’d love barbie versions of characters to be sold which are genital-less, since I don’t need extra morphs or skins cluttering up my runtime.

This way, those who want genitals characters which have them, those that don’t, can have what they want.

Posted: 29 October 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2005-02-27

I feel it is a huge marketing blunder no to sell the genitals separately.  I am a Poser user and purchase and have purchased a great deal of product here and else but of course didn’t have any Genesis product until the new system was developed.  Frankly I won’t be purchasing any more until the genitals are sold separately.

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2004-12-14

Whereas I agree that DAZ’s stance on male & female toast is ridiculous, you do have other options….

You can always go to that “other” store & pick up both male & female gens for you genesis figure.

They even have a gens bundle.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2005-02-27

Thanks for input. Wonder if that works in Poser if I purchased at the other site? In other words if it is DSON Importer friendly.

Posted: 30 October 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2009-04-27

So what does “geo-grafted” even mean? I’m having a hard time finding out what the difference between the regular gens and the geo-grafted ones.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/real-hairy
http://mikeyftl.deviantart.com/

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14070
Joined  2003-10-09

GeoGrafting merges the edges of the new mesh with the existing mesh and hides the old mesh that was behind the new, allowing holes and dents without having to move the base mesh out of the way or use a pose to hide it.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

1 of 4