Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
She Freak and Young Teens
Posted: 31 May 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2010-03-14

We had the Generation 4 shape for Genesis and the Generation 3 Shapes for Genesis.
So Both of these had She Freak, yet there is no She Freak 2 or 4 for Genesis.
Also there I am curious if anyone is thinking of Luke and Laura or Young Teens?

Thanks
Haslor

Signature 

Metadata has a Standard, so please use it!
Creation Instruction coming soon to a Document Center near you.
——————-
Warning: Sitting for more than 6 hours a day is not good for you.
So Stand up, change you desk to a Stand up Desk.
Walking is good for you, so get up and walk for at least a half hour a day.

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2004-12-14

Thorne & Sarsa are working on some teens.

I don’t see DAZ doing anything with SF2 or YT.

With SF2, the clothing vendors couldn’t be bothered to put the SF2 morphs in clothing.

In the case of the YT’s, they released 1 product every 6 months & then wondered why it didn’t sell well.

Then the clothing vendors moved to “all skankwear, all of the time” and anyone who didn’t fall into that category fell by the wayside (SF4, SP4, YT, The Girl, etc.)

I still use the figures in Poser and you can still use them in DS4. 

I have fixed the bending issues by weight-mapping the figures, clothing is covered by Wardrobe Wizard & Morphing Clothes.  DS4 can’t help you with the weight-mapping, but you can still move content between figures with Wardrobe Wizard (PhilC has made a Genesis plug-in), and add morphs via Morphing Clothes.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  977
Joined  2006-02-27

I actually started a Luke and Laura Thread a few days ago.

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

I think it was somewhere around page 5 or 6 in the forums last night. It might have been shifted back a bit. there’ve been new posts since then.

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

If you grab Genesis Evolution bundle, it comes with tools you can use to build your own version of She-Freak. I have had no problems with building muscular, statuesque ladies using it. I’m sure that someone could release a free character morph/preset, if requested at General Freepository request thread. I can recommend that Evolution bundle because it is giving really great results in getting variance in characters.

But…

I… heck. Sorry to get my panties twisted, but I do have a small problem with calling her as “She-Freak”, mostly because…
1) I am friends with some female body fitness people, and they get all kinds of crap flung at them for daring to differ from gender stereotype.
2) I am also friends with trans women, who get even more crap flung at them.

And both groups of my friends regularly get called “she-freaks”, both on- and offline. I am neither, but I am far, far away from fitting the society’s “standard” of female, and I’ve also gotten that flung at me. So it kinda chafes like ill-fitting lace panties. This is not aimed at you, Haslor, just noting my distinct discomfort with the original pick for the name; if someone did a new morph/character set with a different name, I certainly wouldn’t mind. I think that would be awesome.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 31 May 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-04-21

I think the original decision was just a play on She-Hulk (the best-known fictional character of that type) and the male Freak name.  But I did wince a little the first couple of times I saw the She-Freak label, even so.

Posted: 31 May 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Odaa - 31 May 2012 01:04 PM

I think the original decision was just a play on She-Hulk (the best-known fictional character of that type) and the male Freak name.  But I did wince a little the first couple of times I saw the She-Freak label, even so.

I know; I know that there’s no ill intent behind it. (I kinda wince at She-[male super hero identity] names as well.) It is still a bit cringe-worthy name, that’s all. I do like the character idea, though.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2011-02-17

If Daz has Gen3’s Freak and Victoria (along with Freak4 and Victoria4) as Genesis morphs, couldn’t a female bodybuilder with varying muscularity be made from them?  And the Gen3 and Gen4 clothes auto-fitted to the buffed up women?

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

OT -I think He-Man was an even more cringe-worthy name. While She-ra actually worked out better(as a name).

He-Man, seriously? Is that they best they could come up with? I get it, he’s really really macho.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
larsmidnatt - 01 June 2012 08:50 AM

OT -I think He-Man was an even more cringe-worthy name. While She-ra actually worked out better(as a name).

He-Man, seriously? Is that they best they could come up with? I get it, he’s really really macho.

Yeah, “He-Man” really comes across as “trying to compensate”. wink

Hmmm, there’s a thought for a set of morphs and characters… But how to make Skeletor? (The easy, lazy way, that is.)

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-12-12

He is, isn’t he? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Barubary - 01 June 2012 09:25 AM

that is hysterical, and now that song is stuck in my head. The He-Man version.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-12-16

Slate.com once ran a contest to see who could come up with the best movie title name from an 80’s toy (this was around the time of the 2nd Transformers movie). Three hilarious He-Man entries were made:

He-Man and the Infinite Sadness
He-Man: The Tyranny of the Unnecessary Third Person Pronoun

and my favorite..

He-Man: Briefs of Rage

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2009/07/heman_and_the_infinite_sadness.html

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2010-03-14

quote author=“Barubary” date=“1338564353”]

Oh Great…. I ask a Serious questions and we sink to the depths of He-Man and She-ra.

Back on Topic:

A Basic Child comes as part of the Base Genesis figure, which is not to be confused with the K4 Shape for Genesis.
Then is Baby for Genesis, which is much better than Millennium Baby.
But there is nothing between that and Stephanie 4 (Who is more average that Victoria)

Taking the Genesis Basic Child smoothly from child through tween - pre-teen and Teen years isn’t easy and in most cases it just looks wrong, so you end up doing a lot of tweaking to get it anywhere visual correct. It is not bad if you are standing a bunch of Genesis Basic Child teenagers standing next to each other, but once you put them next to Stephanie or Reby Sky, then it becomes obvious something is wrong.

Note: Reby Sky is most likely the most average sized model that DAZ has.
The Average American Woman, regardless of ethic background, is 1.632 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in) According to a chart at Human Height. According to Reby Sky’s Resume; she is 1.65m (5ft 5 in.) that make her the same height as the Average American White Female. Again from her Resume her other measurements are 34A-26-36, which make her a size 4, which comes from her being underweight, at 107 pounds for the average BMI is 125. (it’s amazing what you can find on the web).

So I’ve looked at a few preset products.
For Gen4 there is Shape of a Child
There are a few freebie products for Genesis like Shape of a Child:
Eden Evergreen’s John Q Genesis & family (DAZ only)
Fireflightt’s School Yard Collection and Baby Genesis.
A Bit OT: Fireflightt also has a dwarf morph, Tallas Family Genesis

The problem with all of them is proportion, because it is not a Linear conversion.
The proportions especially in the head and shoulders and some have a more adult girth. Child aren’t small adults.
As an example I pulled this off a knitting site about making hats, to illustrate the issue. there isn’t that much of a variation between a toddler’s head and and teenager’s head.
Age ............................................................................... Head Circumference
NewBorn ...................................................................... 13” - 14 ”  33-36cm
Baby - 3 to 6 months ................................................ 14” - 17 ”  36-43 cm
Baby - 6 to 12 months .............................................. 16” - 19 ”  41-48 cm
Toddler - preschooler (12 months - 3 years)  ......... 18” to 20 ” 46 -48 cm
Child (3 - 10 years)  .................................................... 19” - 20 1/2”  48-51 cm
Pre-teens and Teens ................................................. 20 1/2” - 22”  53 -56 cm
Adult Woman .............................................................. 21.5” - 22.5”
Adult Man .................................................................... 23” - 24”  58.4 cm - 61 cm

So…. I have been working on a mixture of Genesis Basic Child and the Genesis Basic Female, to build a replacement shape for Laura.
I started with Laura first because she will most likely be the harder than Luke.
I’m close, but oh so far away. The head I had to reduce and the Torso length too, and done a few other thing to make the head fall into line.
There is also the face.

But this might be a several step process.
infant (ages 4 weeks – 1 year) …... Baby for Genesis
toddler (ages 1–3)………………….. I think we have the Toddler
preschooler (ages 4–6)….….….….. the Basic Child may fill this.
school-aged child (ages 6–13) …… This really will require a little tweaking
Tween or Pre-teen (ages 9-13)…… Luke and Laura stage.
adolescent (ages 13–20) ….……… a slightly modified Stephane and David (Some people get stuck in this stage of develop)
Young Adult (ages 20-40) ………… Stephane and David

One other point, the structure of the human face changes throughout childhood, and there is a subtle change happens in the face somewhere between 18-21, that really marks the end of childhood and their progression into Young Adult stage.

Oh and I agree with Skiriki, She-Freak is a offensive name for her, she is not a Freak of nature.
The reason you just can’t add Freak to Victoria 4, is women gain muscle mass in different amounts and different areas, and they maintain those soft edges, which make the males of the species desire them.
Also, if they have a low body fat index in the body, the breast are naturally going to be smaller.
Most of the volume of a human mammary gland is fat, reduce the fat you reduce the size of the breasts.

Sorry to be long winded but I thought I would explain my point a little further.
And there is a illustration which may help.

Haslor

Image Attachments
prop2.png
 Signature 

Metadata has a Standard, so please use it!
Creation Instruction coming soon to a Document Center near you.
——————-
Warning: Sitting for more than 6 hours a day is not good for you.
So Stand up, change you desk to a Stand up Desk.
Walking is good for you, so get up and walk for at least a half hour a day.

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Haslor - 01 June 2012 03:51 PM

The reason you just can’t add Freak to Victoria 4, is women gain muscle mass in different amounts and different areas, and they maintain those soft edges, which make the males of the species desire them.

No, but Genesis Evolution bundle can do that. Since I use my stuff mostly for creating RPG characters, I play mostly female characters, and I enjoy creating asskicking ladies with a bit of a muscle, I’ve successfully used it to give ‘em the muscles where it counts.

Okay, not the best example and my head hurts too much to work on it more… but here we go.

Image Attachments
Ankali-example.png
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-12-12
Haslor - 01 June 2012 03:51 PM

Oh Great…. I ask a Serious questions and we sink to the depths of He-Man and She-ra.

Yeah, I’m sorry. But as someone else said before, there has been a thread about the topic, like, a day ago. I think you’ll find a lot of other people asking for teenage characters in there. And Thorne, thankfully announcing she is working on something in that direction.

Also, while I didn’t really see you ask much of a question, I am most certainly hoping for more teenaged shapes, particularly waiting for Luke and Laura from DAZ making a return. Or even the Gen 2 Millennium Kids.
Here’s hoping DAZ feels like answering our call at some point :D

1 of 3