Digital Art Zone

4 of 7
Superbelt. Deforming errors
Posted: 02 June 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15659
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry, I don’t know how long it will be before the downloads are updated - given the store’s apparent caching issues there could well be a delay getting it to take.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

Will we be notified here when they are updated finally? I don’t know if I want to buy them until they are fixed :(

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2003-10-09
atryeu - 02 June 2012 11:21 AM

Will we be notified here when they are updated finally? I don’t know if I want to buy them until they are fixed :(

This is the problem with the belt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAE__HE4y5k&feature=youtu.be

It is still useable if your not doing a from behind render unless your using the cape because it would cover the part that has the problem, though I do hope its re-uploaded soon.

Sal.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

Just a data point.  I just purchased the Supersuit belt and boots and the installers are still the 1.0

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Has anyone tried doing an Auto Fit to see if it corrects that issue with the back?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

I just purchased the Belt and Boots.  The Mac archive is massively corrupted.  Way beyond the normal problems.  I’m investigating what, if anything, I can do to correct it.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16
Sal UK - 02 June 2012 11:25 AM

This is the problem with the belt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAE__HE4y5k&feature=youtu.be

It is still useable if your not doing a from behind render unless your using the cape because it would cover the part that has the problem, though I do hope its re-uploaded soon.

Sal.

I can’t do videos on dialup :(

I’ve seen the pictures of the problem with the belt though, but I was referring to the cape as well. There looked like there was a pretty big poke through issue around the shoulders when using the cape :(

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 02 June 2012 11:28 AM

Has anyone tried doing an Auto Fit to see if it corrects that issue with the back?

how would you start autofit on the belt if it already knows its for genesis? if you explain that I will give it a try now.. smile

Sal.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
atryeu - 02 June 2012 11:34 AM

Sal.

I’ve seen the pictures of the problem with the belt though, but I was referring to the cape as well. There looked like there was a pretty big poke through issue around the shoulders when using the cape :(

Ill go try that now as I unparent from genesis and parent it to the supersuit and didnt notice the problem but I will go check now.

Sal.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

OK, folks.  Nothing can be done, outside of DAZ to fix the Mac zip file.  Starting at 0x1658000 the file is all NULLs.  The Central Directory for the zip simply isn’t there.

If they had used something OTHER THAN ZIP, we could recover the contents up until the corruption.  GZIPed TAR would work better than zip.  Ick.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Sal UK - 02 June 2012 11:39 AM
atryeu - 02 June 2012 11:34 AM

Sal.

Ill go try that now as I unparent from genesis and parent it to the supersuit and didnt notice the problem but I will go check now.

Sal.

Yes the pokethrough is rather bad around the back and shoulders I would post a render but 4.5 keeps locking up on me with no error messages.

Sal.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-02-16

It’s okay, I’ve seen the render of the problems where (this thread maybe?) and it’s what put me off from buying right away :(  The Genesis Hooded Cloak does the exact same thing I believe too and it was never updated to fix the problem as far as I know :(

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15659
Joined  2003-10-09
Kendall Sears - 02 June 2012 11:41 AM

If they had used something OTHER THAN ZIP, we could recover the contents up until the corruption.  GZIPed TAR would work better than zip.  Ick.

Kendall

Even that wouldn’t be useful, assuming that the nulls should be data, since the zip just contains an installer which wouldn’t run in a partial state.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 02 June 2012 12:58 PM
Kendall Sears - 02 June 2012 11:41 AM

Kendall

Even that wouldn’t be useful, assuming that the nulls should be data, since the zip just contains an installer which wouldn’t run in a partial state.

Yes, that’s true.  But it is possible to extract data from a .sit without executing it.  So it is possible that some usable data may be recoverable when 13M of the 15M is not corrupt.  But the reality is that it IS compressed in zip which is useless when an error occurs.  With gzip (which DAZ uses A LOT so they’re familiar with it) once one gets to the next stream packet one can continue.  Since most gzip packets are 1K, then it is a good possibility that most data can be recovered.  WIth zip, it’s potluck.  If the end of the file gets damaged, then tough luck.  That’s always been zip’s Achille’s heel.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

this been re-uploaded yet??

Thanks

Sal.

Signature 

4 of 7