Digital Art Zone

3 of 7
Superbelt. Deforming errors
Posted: 01 June 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17
Jaderail - 31 May 2012 09:19 PM

I’m not happy with a product that only works part of the time for part of the users. I paid for these ITEM’s and I should get full use like all other users.

Yarr! Let’s lynch ‘em! Quick get me an angry mob! vampire

Sadly though it seems QA slipped up on this. It sounds like the belt and cape were not tested on all ‘official’ shapes before release. There is also the slim possibility that something might have gone wrong during the packaging. Best option is to just return it and wait for a better quality product or fix.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  644
Joined  2007-05-26

For the supercape I think the problem is that the cape fabric and the cape liner are 2 surfaces that are close together and for extreme genesis shapes, supercape morphs, and poses the surfaces are intersecting. Seems funny that the M5 superhero shape is a problem since you would think that would be the target shape for the supersuit and cape. What I did as a workaround was to set the liner opacity to 0% but I guess you could also set both the fabric and the liner to the same shader.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14430
Joined  2003-10-09
MrPoser - 01 June 2012 03:53 AM

For the supercape I think the problem is that the cape fabric and the cape liner are 2 surfaces that are close together and for extreme genesis shapes, supercape morphs, and poses the surfaces are intersecting. Seems funny that the M5 superhero shape is a problem since you would think that would be the target shape for the supersuit and cape. What I did as a workaround was to set the liner opacity to 0% but I guess you could also set both the fabric and the liner to the same shader.

Do you have 4.5 - if so try applying a Push modifier to the cape and setting it to a pretty low value, that may help to separate the layers if that is the issue.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2012-02-07
Richard Haseltine - 31 May 2012 02:45 PM

This shouldn’t be happening, the items were tested with a view to looking for poke through. Which version of DS are you using, and what if any morphs do you have applied directly to the cloak and belt - if you could save a preset for it and post that it will help QA to look into the issue.

The belt doesn’t appear to have the issue under DS 4.5. I would hope that items would be tested under both current release and beta versions before release. That does not appear to be the case here though. It seems QA has become lax in the products as well as the site updates.

Signature 

Wulfric

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  2003-10-09
WulfricF - 01 June 2012 07:20 AM

This shouldn’t be happening, the items were tested with a view to looking for poke through. Which version of DS are you using, and what if any morphs do you have applied directly to the cloak and belt - if you could save a preset for it and post that it will help QA to look into the issue.

The belt doesn’t appear to have the issue under DS 4.5. I would hope that items would be tested under both current release and beta versions before release. That does not appear to be the case here though. It seems QA has become lax in the products as well as the site updates.

Actually the render I posted was done in DS 4.5 pro 64bit so it does have the problem.

Sal.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-07
Sal UK - 01 June 2012 07:45 AM

Actually the render I posted was done in DS 4.5 pro 64bit so it does have the problem.

Sal.

Weird. Which morphs were you using? I tested on figures I am using in a current render which used base genesis, Hiro 3/Michael4, and Hiro4/Freak3 and didn’t have an issue.

Signature 

Wulfric

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2008-04-12

I’m not sure, but I didn’t have the same trouble with the belt. I use D|S 4.0.3.47 Pro, win7 64bit.

I loaded Genesis and basic suit, then loaded Belt, Boots and Supercape and set them fit to BasicsSuit. (Not sure if this is just for me, but my D|S did not fit them to Genesis automatically, so I did it by myself.)

First pic: Adding M5 shape 100% did not cause problem.

Second pic: M5 + M5 Hero 100%. The cape did not fit. So I tweaked the parameters.
Scale 106%, FBM Freak4 120%, FBM Basic Male 50%, FBM Michael4 -100%, FBM Michael5 -100%, FBM Michael5Hero 0%, FBM GlobalThickness 350% and I got this result. It’s not good enough around the Medallion, though. red face

Third pic: At least the back of belt did not disappear into the back of Genesis. Used Adjustments>ExpandBack.

Image Attachments
M5.jpg
M5Hero.jpg
M5Hero_belt.jpg
 Signature 

since 23 Feb 2012

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
WulfricF - 01 June 2012 08:01 AM

Sal.

Weird. Which morphs were you using? I tested on figures I am using in a current render which used base genesis, Hiro 3/Michael4, and Hiro4/Freak3 and didn’t have an issue.

no morphs on the suit or genesis, just the belt morphs themselves, apply morphs to the front of the belt and it distorts the back and pulls it into the super suit. I did download the belt boots and cape as soon as they came into the store ill try and download again just incase the files were changed at some point.

Thanks for saying about you not having the probs it gives hope..lol

Sal.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2005-08-03
MrPoser - 01 June 2012 03:53 AM

Same thing happens with the Genesis hooded cloak. Tried to use it with a transmap to turn the hood off in lieu of the supercape, but it just doesn’t look right as it doesn’t hug the neck the same way as the cape.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-07
Sal UK - 01 June 2012 08:14 AM
WulfricF - 01 June 2012 08:01 AM

Sal.

no morphs on the suit or genesis, just the belt morphs themselves, apply morphs to the front of the belt and it distorts the back and pulls it into the super suit. I did download the belt boots and cape as soon as they came into the store ill try and download again just incase the files were changed at some point.

Thanks for saying about you not having the probs it gives hope..lol

Sal.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I was trying the belt on genesis with different morphs applied but without morphing the belt. When I started morphing the belt, I had the same issue that was reported earlier.

Signature 

Wulfric

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14430
Joined  2003-10-09

The belt and boots set is being updated, it may even already be updated but I’m not sure (it was waiting on packing and uploading three hours ago).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 01 June 2012 01:01 PM

The belt and boots set is being updated, it may even already be updated but I’m not sure (it was waiting on packing and uploading three hours ago).

thanks for the news richard. smile

sal.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes Thanks for the info.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2011-08-10

I just downloaded it a few minutes ago and it still has the problem.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

I have them in my cart, I guess I’ll wait a couple of days to see if it has been resolved.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

3 of 7