Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Daz Police officer
Posted: 26 October 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16
skuts - 26 October 2012 12:50 PM

Sorry. I work at a police academy and that picture just rubbed me the wrong way.

No reason to be sorry. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Some just want to force it down your throat where others can see your point of view.

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 26 October 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7659
Joined  2009-07-13

I actually thought it was quite humorous esp for a comedy render, you could also do the muscled buff stripper cop, it can be a costume or a uniform
we see images of buff firemen with hoses, sexy nurses and teachers and no-one complains, or alternatively the bulky Matron.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2011-08-27

When I saw the skin-tight uniforms, I instantly heard the music from CHiPs playing in my head, which I find far more offensive than any beer-bellied cop. The cop (and his fawning female flunkies) look like they stepped out of a B-movie and that was probably the intention, given Oskarsson’s well-known style.

Love the belt. I just wish the boots were taller, like those in a Tom of Finland drawing. And a pair of metallic sunglasses would have made it. I just hope the sale lasts until payday.

EDIT: Sorry, the flunkies did get a complaint, so I apologize for saying that they didn’t.

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16

Actually the pants and boots sort of remind me of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or motorbike police (aka CHiPs).

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4275
Joined  2011-11-25

I want to buy the cop outfit. Been wanting a police uniform for some time.

I don’t find it insulting than the sexy killer nurse with bloody uniform and operating saw, the police lady with the bare midift, the cowgirl with the bikini etc.

From my perspective, the male cop, who is heavy is at least fully clothed is nothing compared to the oodles of skimpwear uniforms for women which are totally sexist and at times opressive in their profusion

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
jmper - 26 October 2012 11:47 AM

I am a cop and am indifferent to it actually. I guess I am use to the jokes about doughnut shops and such though they got old after the 100’th time I heard them.
Could be also I don’t use Genesis.

It is DAZ’s “family friendly store” I suppose.

EDIT> Although if you haven’t see this….it is really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTv5NFqwd08

OMG that was hilarious. ROFLMAO

(Edited to say I was speaking of the youtube video and not the images for the police outfit)

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
Male-M3dia - 26 October 2012 12:27 PM

You can’t please everyone. However, this is far more tamer than your usual half naked female in a suggestive outfit, which dominates the majority of the products in the various stores. At least this promo it shows that the outfit can be worn by men and women in different sizes. And it attempts to inject somewhat a parody of a sterotype rather than being the stereotype itself.

If you want to vent your anger, I’d probably direct to those promos that are actually sexist.

Totally agree.

Posted: 26 October 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

Humour is a funny thing… lol It’s subjective. One persons joke is another person’s insult.

My personal perspective….

It’s just too much “in the middle of the road” The artist should have either gone “all out” with an obviously sexy, tongue-in-cheek render, or they should have gone totally “clean”. This promo only fails for me because it seems like it’s trying to ‘walk the line”... but dang, it does look like an awesome versatile set!!  Wish I could just win the lottery already! wink

Posted: 26 October 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06
Khory - 26 October 2012 12:52 PM

Depends on your humor. Obviously everyone has different tastes.

And isn’t it nice that here in US we get to have different tastes and not get put down or censored for them?

Agreed. To bad you have those that voice their opinion or displeasure, which I can respect and then those that voice it and demand something be done. i hope DAZ leaves it like it is, if you don’t like it, don’t look and don’t buy the product, simple as that.

Personally I liked the promo and thought about getting the outfit, but I already have the one from Will Dupre which is more authentic, but I did like this belt better. I would like a motorcycle cop outfit, to bad these boots are to wide and not tall enough.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 26 October 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
FSMCDesigns - 26 October 2012 04:16 PM
Khory - 26 October 2012 12:52 PM

Depends on your humor. Obviously everyone has different tastes.

And isn’t it nice that here in US we get to have different tastes and not get put down or censored for them?

Agreed. To bad you have those that voice their opinion or displeasure, which I can respect and then those that voice it and demand something be done. i hope DAZ leaves it like it is, if you don’t like it, don’t look and don’t buy the product, simple as that.

Personally I liked the promo and thought about getting the outfit, but I already have the one from Will Dupre which is more authentic, but I did like this belt better. I would like a motorcycle cop outfit, to bad these boots are to wide and not tall enough.

Which police outfit is this? I admit, I’ve looked long and hard for a good authentic looking police outfit…=-)

Posted: 26 October 2012 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06
SereneNight - 26 October 2012 04:35 PM

Which police outfit is this? I admit, I’ve looked long and hard for a good authentic looking police outfit…=-)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-world-heroes-police-officer-m4-h4
there is also a V4 version, but either works ok on genesis.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

2 of 2