DS4.5 and mesh popping
Posted: 26 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7941
Joined  2009-05-14

This is what Jad said about what Draw Style could be for

Jaderail - 26 October 2012 01:43 PM

Draw style can be handy when working with large scenes. If your response is slow when moving items changing the draw style to a lower setting will get faster response and let you place items easier. I have to do that with the Forest Ultimate set.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2004-01-11
niccipb - 25 October 2012 06:14 PM

Hi…

If you also change the Subdivision to Persistent (on) then you should not see any mesh shifting at all, other than what should move.

Hope this helps… smile

Sorry but I just cannot find this “persistent” parameter by opening the tool icon or the universal section. Would you please be kind enough to guide me step by step in finding this param:

I’m assuming I have the figure loaded and Genesis or V5 body parameters showing. Which precise icon on the parameter or other sections do I press please to get the dialogue to pop up as illustrated in your post? At the moment I am clicking on the circular tool icon at the right hand side of any of the V5/V4/V3/Voluptuous etc etc master morph sliders but the dialogue I get is “parameter settings/unlock/lock then in the box for parameter settings I see “sub-components”, “controllers” and “keys”> I don’t see any mention of “subdivisions” or “persistent”.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Oops, I see now. It’s the Tool SETTINGS icon, not the tools/universal icon. Apologies. When different users have different user interface set ups menus and layouts look different.

2 of 2