Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]
Posted: 25 October 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2532
Joined  2004-04-25

I purchased the bundle for Send in the Clone (standard not Pro) but it is not showing the discount.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2007-05-08
icprncss - 25 October 2012 08:32 PM

I purchased the bundle for Send in the Clone (standard not Pro) but it is not showing the discount.

Not sure if DAZ3D caught that. I’ll email them. Probably will not hear back until Tomorrow.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2003-10-09

Can I ask something, and I don’t mean for this to sound critical…are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not…well, I don’t think 50% off is enough for what’s really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can’t justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don’t expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
SnowSultan - 25 October 2012 08:56 PM

Can I ask something, and I don’t mean for this to sound critical…are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not…well, I don’t think 50% off is enough for what’s really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can’t justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don’t expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

Version compatibility (A lot more involved than a couple of string changes, and recompile), and added support for Genesis and the new daz formats.

The 50% off is on top of the 30% intro price, which makes it actually 65% off… 

I know how you feel… That was part of my decision to not write this program as a plugin originally… So I wouldn’t have to spend days rewriting it every time a new version of DAZ was released. But that didn’t pan out with the massive changes DAZ made in DS4.5.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1822
Joined  2006-02-17
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 08:17 PM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:52 PM
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 07:28 PM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:12 PM

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store….... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update…

Anyway, it’d be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive.  In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items.  This would be especially helpful for random placement.  For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects “fall” onto the first mesh they encounter.  Like toys on a stairwell.  Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop.  Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Cool ideas, when I have extra time I’ll look into how to do stuff like that smile  .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........

I’m pretty sure it can be done in script.  I’ll look into it when I get a chance.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1822
Joined  2006-02-17
SnowSultan - 25 October 2012 08:56 PM

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

There is the new ability to have SITC use the built-in Instances.  Now lots of flowers, or trees don’t have to take massive amounts of resources.

That’s worth the $8.xx all by itself in my mind.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 26 October 2012 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

I can also confirm that the discount is not showing up in the cart. :(

Posted: 26 October 2012 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
belovedalia - 26 October 2012 12:31 AM

Did you purchase the Bundle also?

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2200
Joined  2005-09-05
DraagonStorm - 26 October 2012 12:35 AM
belovedalia - 26 October 2012 12:31 AM

Did you purchase the Bundle also?

I bought the bundle also and the discount isn’t showing up….

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 26 October 2012 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

I just got regular send in the clones

EDIT: oh boo, just read the second page and realized that since I got the standard i can’t upgrade to the pro….sure enough it takes the discount off the standard but not the pro version…

too bad, I was going to get the pro version.

Nice thought tho…. ^_^

Ah well, I have something else that can clone for now.

Good job on the upgrade tho, just not for me right now.  I will say that i used it often in DS3 (until the last few months when I reinstalled it and it didn’t work anymore)

Posted: 26 October 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2532
Joined  2004-04-25

Will there be an update to the Poser version as well?

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 26 October 2012 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-03-10

I bought the Pro…it was worth it even without an extra 50% discount. The plug-ins for Daz and Poser are a steal. I have paid over $1000 for plug-ins for AE, C4D etc. And I don’t want to even talk about Turbosquid when it comes to model prices. You guys do this for the love rather than the money. “Good on ye”

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1801
Joined  2005-06-08
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 08:17 PM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:52 PM
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 07:28 PM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:12 PM

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

The product is already passed QA and in the store….... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update…

Anyway, it’d be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive.  In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items.  This would be especially helpful for random placement.  For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects “fall” onto the first mesh they encounter.  Like toys on a stairwell.  Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop.  Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Cool ideas, when I have extra time I’ll look into how to do stuff like that smile  .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........

Looking forward to it!  In the meantime, got SitCPro, got the discount (thanks), ready to clone around!  tongue laugh There gonna be a contest or a challenge this time around?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-12-26

Does either version allow an option to use Geometry Shells or Instances in 4.5 instead of creating full new figures/props?  Just curious.

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
icprncss - 26 October 2012 06:59 AM

Will there be an update to the Poser version as well?

The upgrade for the Poser version was done many moons ago…  In that upgrade ~~ Poser8 to Poser9 ~~ it was just a matter of recompiling.

There is only the standard version available for Poser.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

3 of 9