Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]
Posted: 25 October 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:05 PM
cridgit - 25 October 2012 06:43 PM

Hi Kendall

Yes there was an earlier Pro version because I remember asking DS about the differences and I decided to go pro. I didn’t regret that decision (does one ever?) grin

Yup.  I bought the pro version as well.  I was moderately successful at getting the older SITC Pro working under 4.0, but haven’t tried under 4.5.  Now I won’t have to.  grin

Kendall

Oops sorry mate: I meant to respond to JOdel, as he’d asked the question. Silly fingers red face

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1824
Joined  2006-02-17
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 06:57 PM
cridgit - 25 October 2012 06:46 PM

DS: If the upgrade version is a separate product in the store, do I have to install it over the previous version or is it a standalone installation?

I’m asking because I don’t know if the previous version can be installed into DS4.5, but if the upgrade is standalone, how do you ensure only people who purchased the previous version get to use the upgrade?

DAZ3D is using their Database of purchasers to ensure who gets the 50% off at checkout.

The DS2/3 versions do not work in DS4.5. These newer versions are in their own folders, and have a new file name…. I did it this just in case the user is like me, and still uses DS3 sometimes wink

Quick question… Is there an option to have SITC Pro use the Instances facility where one doesn’t need to change textures?  For instance, trees, grasses, rocks, etc?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
cridgit - 25 October 2012 07:09 PM
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:05 PM
cridgit - 25 October 2012 06:43 PM

Hi Kendall

Yes there was an earlier Pro version because I remember asking DS about the differences and I decided to go pro. I didn’t regret that decision (does one ever?) grin

Yup.  I bought the pro version as well.  I was moderately successful at getting the older SITC Pro working under 4.0, but haven’t tried under 4.5.  Now I won’t have to.  grin

Kendall

Oops sorry mate: I meant to respond to JOdel, as he’d asked the question. Silly fingers red face

No problem at all.  I don’t mind. grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2007-05-08
cridgit - 25 October 2012 07:04 PM

DS: If the upgrade version is a separate product in the store, do I have to install it over the previous version or is it a standalone installation?

I’m asking because I don’t know if the previous version can be installed into DS4.5, but if the upgrade is standalone, how do you ensure only people who purchased the previous version get to use the upgrade?

DAZ3D is using their Database of purchasers to ensure who gets the 50% off at checkout.

The DS2/3 versions do not work in DS4.5. These newer versions are in their own folders, and have a new file name…. I did it this just in case the user is like me, and still uses DS3 sometimes wink

And its not working as usual wink Should I go ahead and buy it then file a support ticket for a partial refund?

Since I have no control of how DAZ3D is handling the percentage off, I’d say file a support ticket for a partial refund. I know that people are getting the 50% off from my sales reports smile

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2005-09-12
cridgit - 25 October 2012 07:04 PM

And its not working as usual wink Should I go ahead and buy it then file a support ticket for a partial refund?

Notice the line right under subtotal? The one that says “Discount”? That is the send in the clones discount.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:12 PM

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store….... What kind of features are you thinking about?

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:09 PM

Quick question… Is there an option to have SITC Pro use the Instances facility where one doesn’t need to change textures?  For instance, trees, grasses, rocks, etc?

Kendall

When you select a prop, there is an option that shows up for you to choose.

Image Attachments
_0001_Layer_3.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
namffuak - 25 October 2012 07:27 PM

Notice the line right under subtotal? The one that says “Discount”? That is the send in the clones discount.

Not unless you and I took different math classes at school. That’s the PC discount, not the 50% upgrade discount. Let’s drop it and let DS get on with the thread - I’ll handle this with support. Thanks.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
cridgit - 25 October 2012 07:37 PM
namffuak - 25 October 2012 07:27 PM

Not unless you and I took different math classes at school. That’s the PC discount, not the 50% upgrade discount. Let’s drop it and let DS get on with the thread - I’ll handle this with support. Thanks.

This is a Published Artist product, there is no PC discount. The PC discount is only for DAZ Original products… That is the 50% discount.

The full price: 24.95

30% Intro discount price: 17.47
50% of 17.47 is: 8.74

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 07:28 PM

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store….... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update…

Anyway, it’d be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive.  In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items.  This would be especially helpful for random placement.  For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects “fall” onto the first mesh they encounter.  Like toys on a stairwell.  Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop.  Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24

So if you owned Send in the Clones, you can’t get the 50% off discount to upgrade to Send In the Clones DS4 Pro, only to the new non-pro version?

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
Alisa Uh-Lisa - 25 October 2012 07:56 PM

So if you owned Send in the Clones, you can’t get the 50% off discount to upgrade to Send In the Clones DS4 Pro, only to the new non-pro version?

That’s the way it’s suppose to be working Standard to Standard; Pro to Pro.

When the Original Send In The Clones Pro was released (Wow almost 2 years ago gulp ) There was a 20% coupon offered to people who had previously purchased Send In The Clones.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-08
Kendall Sears - 25 October 2012 07:52 PM
DraagonStorm - 25 October 2012 07:28 PM

Kendall

I was thinking for your next update…

Anyway, it’d be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive.  In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items.  This would be especially helpful for random placement.  For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects “fall” onto the first mesh they encounter.  Like toys on a stairwell.  Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop.  Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Cool ideas, when I have extra time I’ll look into how to do stuff like that smile  .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........

Signature 

My DAZ Store

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24

Ok - too bad :(  I wasn’t aware of it…well, probably no upgrade for me then.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

2 of 9