Digital Art Zone

Smart Content must know something I don’t
Posted: 25 October 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  903
Joined  2009-12-07

I’ve been using a neat little trick to get all my products showing in Smart Content even when I have nothing selected (see http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/8724/).

But seems DS4.5.X is doing something funny with my categories depending on whether or not something is selected.

In the first screenshot below you can clearly see some products which contain poses and animations, yet Poses and Animations do not appear in the Smart Content category list. However, Smart Content does display the Materials and Shapes categories (which should be treated the same way).

The funny thing is when I select Genesis, the Pose and Animations folders show up.

So why would Smart Content discriminate? Its supposed to filter products to the selection, and filter the categories to the products. Something isn’t adding up here, and I don’t recall running into this problem in earlier versions.

Is this perhaps a bug?

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2007-05-14

Poses and Animations have to be applied to something, so if they are set to work with Genesis, V4 etc, they are only going to show when that figure is selected.  If “nothing” is selected, they have nothing to apply to and won’t show.  This is the expected behavior.  Speaking with others here, this was true for DS 4 and higher.

You can go to the Categories view as shown below to see all Poses, etc….

Other non-geometry assets shouldn’t show (i.e. your Shaping selection) without a base asset selected - unless those products were set up incorrectly.

Image Attachments
categories.jpg

Posted: 25 October 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  903
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Kat

Thanks for responding. Yes I understand that non-geometry assets should not show unless something is selected. However, products containing geometry should show. I added a dummy geometry file to those pose, shaping, animation and materials products (as described in the link above) and the products show in All, but the the Pose and Animation categories don’t (see my screenshots below).

I’ve checked the Shaping and Materials categories to see why they’re showing and you’re right, they contain products that were setup incorrectly (Cree, Jeweled Finery). So that explains why Shaping/Materials was showing while Poses/Animations wasn’t.

So although Smart Content shows me all products containing geometry in All, if I understand correctly filters the categories to geometry assets, not to the displayed products. My last screenshot shows how this could be confusing to the user: the categories displayed inside the product do not align to the categories displayed in Smart Content.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture3.jpgPicture4.jpgPicture5.jpg
 Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.