Digital Art Zone

5 of 8
ot: Batten down the hatches East Coasters - hybrid sandy winter storm
Posted: 29 October 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3339
Joined  2012-02-06

Stay safe everyone! Here in upstate NY we’re seeing some of the effects, but nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

It was scary, but I had few problems.  Just tree damage and local flooding.

Could have been Much worse!  The Cows Protected Me!!

Highways are closed, so I can’t get out of my neighborhood - no employment for me today (or at least not until after lunch!)

Nasty night though…  I don’t want to go on that ride ever again

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

Everyone Do me a favor and post if you can. I worry.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2734
Joined  2004-10-25

I made it through OK.  We never lost power here in my neighborhood in NY City.  It was mostly over by the time I got offline last night around 10:30pm, and the wind gusts were pretty tame by then, and it had stopped raining.

So far today I haven’t been out, but it was just raining lightly earlier, and now it looks as though the rain has stopped.  From what I’ve seen online there was major flooding across the shoreline, and only 2 places where there were blackouts, owing to an explosion in a substation.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25

Upstate / Central NY through to the Southern Tier appear to have been spared- some decent wind, but not bad at all. The scenes and reports coming out of CNN about NYC, Delaware, NJ, WV, Virginia, and other locations are absolutely mind boggling though.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Good to hear from Miss B any word on Misty?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 30 October 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2008-05-20

Hitting the Maritimes now. We’re getting a scary thunderstorm quite a bit worse than our rare summer ones. Hope everyone to our south is coping okay.

Posted: 31 October 2012 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  976
Joined  2007-11-28

I hope Misty Whisky is safe; I’m pretty sure she’s on Long Island and works in the City.

Here in Central Massachusetts,  the rain was worse late yesterday afternoon than it was any time on Monday, with some roadway flooding.  Winds were strong on Monday, but not extreme, with 50 mph gusts…

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1033
Joined  2003-12-16

Family member from the Nassau/Suffolk border of LI called to tell me power is back on at home so I’m hoping its a sign they’re turning the corner.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1328
Joined  2010-03-25

We are still getting snow from the reminiscence of sandy in NE Tennessee ,we are not getting any accumulations today, thought the temp is still hovering around 30 degees.  but i think we got about 8 inches in total.. it feels more like Christmas than Halloween .. i reckon there will be no trick or treaters tonight here in the mountain..lol

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-12-16
Ivy - 31 October 2012 12:17 PM

We are still getting snow from the reminiscence of sandy in NE Tennessee ,we are not getting any accumulations today, thought the temp is still hovering around 30 degees.  but i think we got about 8 inches in total.. it feels more like Christmas than Halloween .. i reckon there will be no trick or treaters tonight here in the mountain..lol

Greetings from NC. It’s a beautiful quote but the master of the stratocaster spelled it “Jimi”. Every nerd has their breaking point, that’s mine raspberry

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1328
Joined  2010-03-25
StratDragon - 31 October 2012 12:32 PM
Ivy - 31 October 2012 12:17 PM

Greetings from NC. It’s a beautiful quote but the master of the stratocaster spelled it “Jimi”. Every nerd has their breaking point, that’s mine raspberry

Thanks for the correction

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-12-16

thank you, now I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Stay safe in the mountains.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Still missing some folks. I hope all are well and were prepared when the Storm came in.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2008-07-16

Just a quick report from Bayshore, Long Island… Storm was not very impressive, I’ve been in worse weather at sea in a boat…. But even though the storm was downgraded by the time it made landfall, everything here is a mess.
The waterfront area of my town was flooded, some boats washed ashore, docks swept away and a bunch of homes were severely damaged… I spent most of the day of the hurricane outside, but it was really not so bad in regards to the wind… The real problems for Long Island was mostly from storm surge and strong wind gusts… I’ve been driving around a lot and checking out the damage… 90% of my town appears to be without power, but from what I’ve seen, it looks like 75% of the damages could have been avoided with proper maintanance and better planning. I probably will not have power for another week, all the gas stations are closed or running out of fuel so pretty soon it won’t even matter if you have a generator or not, you will be in the dark like everyone else…  I hope the rest of you came through this okay… I’ll try and post some of my pix from the storm next time I’m near a computer attached a working Internet connection.
Good luck to all… Over and out till later…-Vic

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

5 of 8