Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Question about morgue/mortuary sets
Posted: 03 November 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2012-10-05
Szark - 03 November 2012 03:55 PM

You are corect the Material presets will not load. You don’t need to creat textures as there are already made.

Jad it loads with one set of textures but the MC6 mats will not load no matter what I try and MC6 mats now work with Ds4.5

If you are using Daz Studio then select a section of the coffin, one at a time. It is split in to sections, pillow, base, left and right top. Then with a section selected go in to the Surfaces Pane and beside (our left) the Diffuse colour is a drop down arrow. choose Browse and naviagte to where the texture maps are installed. (that will be where you installed the Runtime). Select a map and repeat. You will have to play with the specular highlights etc to get them right for Daz Studio.

OK, I’ve done that, and by adjusting “ambient color” I can now change the color of the lining. However, I still can’t figure out how to change the exterior color or the pillow color (for some reason, changing ambient color doesn’t seem to work for the pillow, I’m trying to change it to white).

EDIT: No, wait, hold on. I took a closer look and it looks like I DID change the color after all (I’m trying to go for mahogany for the exterior).

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7522
Joined  2009-05-14
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 03:29 PM

[This item uses Poser Shaders for the Materials, those will not work in DS. Just looked for you.

Jad not sure if you missed what I said about MC6 poser mats but they do work now in DS4.5. I checked. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

Yep that’s right. Did you move the Materails/Krath/Coffin and Props/Krath/Coffin to those two folders in the Libraries folder?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
joea64 - 03 November 2012 04:25 PM
Szark - 03 November 2012 03:55 PM

You are corect the Material presets will not load. You don’t need to creat textures as there are already made.

Jad it loads with one set of textures but the MC6 mats will not load no matter what I try and MC6 mats now work with Ds4.5

If you are using Daz Studio then select a section of the coffin, one at a time. It is split in to sections, pillow, base, left and right top. Then with a section selected go in to the Surfaces Pane and beside (our left) the Diffuse colour is a drop down arrow. choose Browse and naviagte to where the texture maps are installed. (that will be where you installed the Runtime). Select a map and repeat. You will have to play with the specular highlights etc to get them right for Daz Studio.

OK, I’ve done that, and by adjusting “ambient color” I can now change the color of the lining. However, I still can’t figure out how to change the exterior color or the pillow color (for some reason, changing ambient color doesn’t seem to work for the pillow, I’m trying to change it to white).

My advice never use Ambient unless you want something to glow.

Try changing the diffuse and specular colour first,

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 03 November 2012 04:25 PM

[This item uses Poser Shaders for the Materials, those will not work in DS. Just looked for you.

Jad not sure if you missed what I said about MC6 poser mats but they do work now in DS4.5. I checked. smile

Hmm… Hold let me try something.

EDIT: So right, in 4.5 nada. I only install free items to DS3A.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 04:28 PM
Szark - 03 November 2012 04:25 PM

Hmm… Hold let me try something.

EDIT: So right, in 4.5 nada. I only install free items to DS3A.

Yeah but these MC6 mats don’t work for some reason. I checked with some Daz Studio PC item s that come with MC6 matts and remembered it being mentioned before.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05

So far, by changing diffuse and specular colors, I’ve been able to change the coffin’s color to white and bronze. However, there was some kind of lining mat/texture that I saw the first time I experimented with changing colors, I’m trying to find out how to get it back. Also, I’m trying to figure out how to keep the interior color different from the exterior color.

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

joea64 becase you are new it will probably take some time for you to fiddle, test render, fiddle some more before you get what you want. But trust me when I say you will be better off for it. You will learn so much doing this yourself.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

the lining is part of the wood_l_coffin and wood_r_coffin and wood_coffin

Here how to do one surface at a time

Image Attachments
coffin.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05

So far, so good. After considerable tinkering with the diffuse and specular colors, and applying the Surface Selection Tool as you showed me how to do (by the way, how do I get the icons to show up in the program window the way you have them lined up at the top of the window? REALLY basic question, I know raspberry ) the coffin now looks like this, much more realistic. I still can’t seem to work out how to get the lining/upholstery texture, however (which you had in your own render).

EDIT: I forgot to change the color of the stands on the bottom. This has now been done, and once I can figure out how to get that lining/upholstery texture to show up, I think I’ve got myself a pretty decent model. (And I’m starting to tinker around with different colors, as you can see from the second image below.)

Image Attachments
coffin_test_image_6.jpgcoffin_test_image_7.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

How to get a UI (User Interface) looking like mine:
Step 1: Top Menu Bar go to Window > Workspace > Select Layout and choose City Limits.
Step 2. Window > Select Style > and choose Highway

As for the lining just follow my instructions. Select the surface (inside left, inside right and the base) one at a time. Go to the diffuse channel, drop down arrow choose Browse > to the location of the texture maps. Select the pertaining maps for that section.

Image Attachments
coffin1.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05

...et voila! :D I think I finally have it.

EDIT: And now I have four different models to use (I made sure to save each of them).

Thank you!!

Image Attachments
coffin_test_image_9.jpgcoffin_test_image_10.jpgcoffin_test_image_11.jpgcoffin_test_image_12.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Nice

This is what can be done in ten minutes when you do this for long enough. smile

Image Attachments
coffin.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Oh yeah if you want to smooth out the mesh more just go to the Scene Pane select the coffin, at the top of the pane is a little square striped box click on that and you get a lod of functions….choose “Convert to SubD” or alternatively select the coffin, top menu bar choose Edit > Object > Geometry > Convert to SubD.

SubD is short for subdivision which subdivides the mesh make it fine a which hepls smooth out the mesh. But this doesn’t work for all meshes.

In my render above I used SubD to smooth out the hard edges a bit more.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05

And this is the latest version. Aside from that I still haven’t worked out how to get the handles the same color as the rest of the metal fittings, it’s just about perfect now IMO.  Now if I can just find the proper funeral-parlor furniture (bier/catalfaque, candlestands, flowers, etc.)...

Image Attachments
coffin_test_image_13.jpg

2 of 3