Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Question about morgue/mortuary sets
Posted: 25 October 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2012-10-05

I’m looking at obtaining one or both of the two currently available morgue sets, the Eerie Morgue at Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/eerie-morgue-poser-vue-obj-/59101 and the West Park Morgue (which means I’ll have to get the West Park Basement as well) http://www.daz3d.com/shop/west-park-morgue . I’d like to find a funeral home set as well but the only one I can seem to locate that’s currently available is the Old West Undertakers Interior: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-west-undertakers-interior which isn’t quite what I want.

My real question, though, is that both morgue sets, West Park and Eerie, look VERY grungy and rusty. Is there a reasonably easy way to alter/change/remove the mats on those props so as to take away the rust and dirt and make the tables, drawers, etc., look clean and shiny? (This question is actually applicable to any prop set that seems to have a dirty, disused look by default.)

Posted: 25 October 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15116
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, you need to use a paint program, such as Photoshop or Paintshop pro, or even Gimp, which is a free one, and make you own textures for them, if there is not already an addon texture pack available.

hopefull there will be a texture template for you to work from, the West Park morgue certainly has a template, it can be found under the resources tab on the product page.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 25 October 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2012-08-31

HA! Shows what a dope I am. I thought you meant an illustrator’s morgue.

Posted: 26 October 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2008-03-27

As well as using a paint program to make your own textures, you can directly apply shader presets to the surfaces.

You’ll need to obtain shader presets for the particular program you’re suing (i.e., Poser presets don’t work in DAZ Studio and vice versa). While the purchase of the presets is a bit of an upfront expense, you can then use them to retexture any other environments.

Calida3D is just one source of shader presets — they do both Studio and Poser presets.

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05

I actually now have a second question, related to the request I put up in the Freepozitory a little while ago. I downloaded Karth’s free coffin model from ShareCG at http://www.sharecg.com/v/50162/gallery/11/Poser/Coffin , but I can’t get the materials to work properly. I’m certain that I unzipped all the files into the correct places into my Daz3D/Studio/My Library directory - I checked - but while the basic model and its accessories load just fine, I can’t change the mats/colors of anything. I select an object, click the corresponding mat in the “Materials” directory, but nothing happens; it stays the default color. Can somebody get this model, give it a try and tell me what, if anything, I might be doing wrong?

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22
joea64 - 03 November 2012 03:21 PM

I actually now have a second question, related to the request I put up in the Freepozitory a little while ago. I downloaded Karth’s free coffin model from ShareCG at http://www.sharecg.com/v/50162/gallery/11/Poser/Coffin , but I can’t get the materials to work properly. I’m certain that I unzipped all the files into the correct places into my Daz3D/Studio/My Library directory - I checked - but while the basic model and its accessories load just fine, I can’t change the mats/colors of anything. I select an object, click the corresponding mat in the “Materials” directory, but nothing happens; it stays the default color. Can somebody get this model, give it a try and tell me what, if anything, I might be doing wrong?

This item uses Poser Shaders for the Materials, those will not work in DS. Just looked for you. You can use any DS shaders you like to to get a look you like. Or try to make your own textures with the provided template.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I just Checked the Item folders. It does come with some Basic jpg textures you could load by hand.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7521
Joined  2009-05-14

I take it you are using Daz Studio. I am checking it out now brb

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 03:36 PM

I just Checked the Item folders. It does come with some Basic jpg textures you could load by hand.

I’m not sure how I could load those textures by hand, and I have no experience with creating textures, so I guess I’m stuck, at least for now. :\

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 03 November 2012 03:39 PM

I take it you are using Daz Studio. I am checking it out now brb

OPPS!! It loaded just fine, for me, textures and all. I just read the Readme and assumed it was Shaders.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

joea64 What steps did you follow to install it?

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

You are corect the Material presets will not load. You don’t need to creat textures as there are already made.

Jad it loads with one set of textures but the MC6 mats will not load no matter what I try and MC6 mats now work with Ds4.5

If you are using Daz Studio then select a section of the coffin, one at a time. It is split in to sections, pillow, base, left and right top. Then with a section selected go in to the Surfaces Pane and beside (our left) the Diffuse colour is a drop down arrow. choose Browse and naviagte to where the texture maps are installed. (that will be where you installed the Runtime). Select a map and repeat. You will have to play with the specular highlights etc to get them right for Daz Studio.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 03:52 PM

joea64 What steps did you follow to install it?

I unzipped the archive file (I use ALZip) and then copied the various directories to the correct places in the Daz3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime directory. It has files for the following subdirectories:

/geometries/Karth/Coffin
/libraries/Karth/Coffin
/readme/Karth/Coffin
/templates/Karth/Coffin
/textures/Karth/Coffin

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Libraries should have two folders Materials/Karth/coffin and Props/Karth/Coffin. But it looks right not a clue what happened on your PC.

TIP: It does look pretty good with some DS Shaders on it. Of course I have a pretty good collection of shaders.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-05
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 04:16 PM

Libraries should have two folders Materials/Karth/coffin and Props/Karth/Coffin. But it looks right not a clue what happened on your PC.

I actually wonder if there might be some files missing from the archive file I got from ShareCG. In the Textures folder, I have the following files:

black_cloth
black_pillow
red_cloth
red_pillow
test_cloth
test_coffin
test_lcoffin (for the left lid)
test_rcoffin (for the right lid)
test_pillow
wood_coffin
wood_lcoffin
wood_rcoffin

Does that match what you have in your own installation’s Texture folder?

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

All I did (I use Vista) was open the zip file, without unzipping, copeid the whole runtime, pasted that in to my content library, choose yes to merge the folder with the runtime that was there alreay and bobs your uncle.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

1 of 3