Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Recommendations for current/classic real-world or realistic fictional weapons/firearms sets?
Posted: 31 October 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1445
Joined  2012-08-31

This thread inspired my Hexagon doodle tonight so I made a generic rifle. It was a lot of fun. It should look a lot better once I make some texture maps for it.

Image Attachments
rifle_1.jpg

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-31

I tweaked my rifle a little more. Here’s the .obj file for the rifle if anyone wants it. Critiques welcome.

I think I might actually try building a real rifle next (I do so miss the FNC1-A1 from my days in the forces). Does anyone know if there are trademark issues concerning making 3D models of real world objects?

Link fixed so .obj file is available

Posted: 05 November 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2012-10-05
ghastlycomic - 01 November 2012 09:04 PM

I tweaked my rifle a little more. Here’s the .obj file for the rifle if anyone wants it. Critiques welcome.

I think I might actually try building a real rifle next (I do so miss the FNC1-A1 from my days in the forces). Does anyone know if there are trademark issues concerning making 3D models of real world objects?

Link fixed so .obj file is available

As far as weapons go, I know that one site has a large number of real-world weapon models, with the nomenclature and everything, and there are some real-world military vehicle models in the Daz3D store (M1A2 Abrams, M2 Bradley and Hummer/Humvee/HMMWV).  Automobile models tend to have fictional names, however, at least for Poser/Daz models; I’ve seen many 3DS Max models that are modeled after real-world cars, right down to the makes and model names.

Posted: 05 November 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-31

I always liked the fictionalized automobiles in Interstate 76. It was kind of fun to see how many you could match up to their real world counterpart.

Posted: 05 November 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2012-10-05

And speaking of fictional guns, guess what I found just now on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62100/browse/5/3D-Model/Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.-P38-Special

This U.N.C.L.E. fan is very happy :D. Now if I can only find a model of the pen communicator and of the Thrush rifle…

2 of 2