Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Warning to live in 1950’s not for wimps
Posted: 24 October 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2003-10-09

I like Daz’s new product line that dealing with 1950’s life style so simple of life style in thyose rendings. Wonderful work those.
For those who today belive that a child’s should be band if have gram of lead in its paint or Japan’s nuclear reactors problems is causing a health problem on US west coast the 1950’s is end of the earth as we know it today. Those live back these was very day common things that you live with out a second thought. Sear Christmas catalogs was selling kits that make your own lead solders in child’s bed room.  All the can food use lead in making the can’s there is the lead gas for V8 engine in you car. Above ground nuclear tests of lastest a-bomb in Neveda or goverment vaporing islands in south Pacific for thier latest H-bombs or Russian H-bombs tests in arctic strotmium-90 was common one milk.  Nuclear missiles in New England or lossing A-bomb of coast of NewJesery. So those who back in 1950’s super people to our wimps of today.

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04

Sounds to me like they were a bunch of idiots. LOL

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2196
Joined  2011-11-16

50’s Commercials, ‘just radioactive enough’ wink

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2003-10-09

Back then was way of life we trust the goverment and science we just came off a world war that millions died, the people who hate this goverment and science was in the minorty. Just remember just using lead in canning been around little less a centry old no one lead poising from the canning. Lead gasoline been use for thrity years aready. Lead toys been in use for more than cenntry ownly one got hurt those got being burnt. And we major oil exporter in the world, major oil production in middle just starting, the British and French still have colonies those middle east contries then. Just one US bomber cashed in S Carolina carring a 24mt nuclear bomb just one out six saftey switches worked if that one fail too one third of S Carolia would have destory that wa in early 1960’s

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2196
Joined  2011-11-16

Sorry, sometimes it’s just better to ignore some things.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  601
Joined  2003-10-09
Gedd - 24 October 2012 10:13 AM

50’s Commercials, ‘just radioactive enough’ wink

EVERYTHING is “just radioactive enough” to register on a geiger counter.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

As one who was born and lived in the 1950s, I feel I have an advantage over the younger generations in surviving any nuclear attack, because we where taught how to “Duck And Cover” in elementary school.

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9726
Joined  2007-11-06

Childhood mortality rate was ten times as high.  It’s easy to say “we survived all these dangerous things that are banned now” because the only ones around to say it are the ones who did survive.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  556
Joined  2011-04-14

And don’t forget the big chunk of religion and racism, either.  Plus the fun the folks, looking around every corner, spying on their neighbors and looking under their beds, in fear of finding a communist ready to get them. raspberry

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04
frogdot - 24 October 2012 12:40 PM

As one who was born and lived in the 1950s, I feel I have an advantage over the younger generations in surviving any nuclear attack, because we where taught how to “Duck And Cover” in elementary school.

We still did that in the 60’s and yes I would feel completely safe hiding under my pc desk in case of a nuclear attack.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  723
Joined  2008-07-16

Let us not forget the giant prehistoric reptiles, tarantulas, ants and other assorted giant fire breathing radioactive mutant creatures that plagued our major cities back then. Those were crazy times… not really as crazy as the 70s with all that Boogie Fever killing everyone, or the 80s with… whatever it was that caused people to dress that way back then, but yeah, the 50s were rough.

Nice cars though…

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-12-05

Aaahhh… yes! I remember the 1950’s… though somewhat… more vaguely, now.

But, I do seem to recall that there were some things, perhaps even many things, that you could count on.

Like, oh… say, the weather ( of which certain “important” folks have recently been dodging the discussion of ).

Interesting, now, that out here in California we have just passed from record-breaking early-mid-and late-October 90’s and 100’s temperatures to cold and rain in a matter of… days. Records that have held since the early 1900’s… back when they were burning super-abundant coal like crazy. That is to say, more and more rapidly accelerating instances of “extreme-weather”.

And let’s not even talk about the current state of the oceans…

Folks… such patterns are the indicators of a dynamic system under stress… they are the cracks in the edifice of climate. And the one thing that science teaches you is that when things start to crack… they then, sometimes, go…...*SNAP*!

So, don’t worry kids!... You, too, may yet have the opportunity to live in… interesting times!

Signature 

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2005-08-20
TheCastellan - 24 October 2012 06:06 PM

And don’t forget the big chunk of religion and racism, either.  Plus the fun the folks, looking around every corner, spying on their neighbors and looking under their beds, in fear of finding a communist ready to get them. raspberry

Please don’t ignore sexism either. God help you if you wanted to something with your life besides cleaning the kitchen, popping out kids and turning alcoholic in the suburbs.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  831
Joined  2003-10-09

Please don’t ignore sexism either. God help you if you wanted to something with your life besides cleaning the kitchen, popping out kids and turning alcoholic in the suburbs.

Exactly, and it bothers me that so many today look at those days as a model to one day return to.

The 50’s - awesome if you were a white male! Not so great if you were anything else.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8514
Joined  2009-07-13
Ascania - 24 October 2012 09:22 PM
TheCastellan - 24 October 2012 06:06 PM

I would not be here!

my Mum though she loved us was a career woman by choice, she only married in 1950 at 24yo rather late! because it was expected, studied by correspondence as a teen when the other 7 siblings all left school at about 12, then boarded in Adelaide and went to teachers college, she was a teacher. After I was unexpectedly born 12 years after she married and my brother 18months later (she thought she was barren) she went on the pill, which was still new and contraversial!! yes and she went back to work when I started school.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 October 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  862
Joined  2003-10-09

Ah the 50’s (*nostalgic sigh*)

I was at my wonderful boyness best between 8 and 12.  Small town upstate NY.  Safely wandered the streets at night.  Nobody locked their doors (the dogs were cheaply paid alarms).  Firecrackers and cow poop,... great fun!  Wandered alone up the old stone quarry gathering polywogs and looking for fossils.  Today the mothers would have panic attacks at the potential danger and you couldn’t do it anyway because the land owners would most strongly object because they don’t have insurance covering you.  I don’t think the modern kids in this town even know that there is an old stone quarry still there starting just behind old Mrs. *********‘s house on Langdon St.

We weren’t rich.  My dad owned a small gas station and gas sold for around 30 cents per gallon, but we had new kitchen appliances, a new car every 4 or 5 years, and trips to Florida a few times.  We could afford lobster dinners and the lobsters were HUGE back then, available even in small country taverns.

Kids played outside and we waited for the school bus outside in -40F temperatures.  Nobody had to carry school books so no kid had a backback.  Of course no kid had anything on them that was worth stealing, no cell phone or e-game.  Although you could get your lunch money (a quarter) stolen by the bully but all you had to do was kick him in the shins once and he left you alone.  No kid wore designer clothes.

However, I do not miss the greasy goop you were expected to slick down your hair with each morning.  Brylcreem!  Yuk! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brylcreem

I’m afraid to ask what part of a Bryl creature you get the “creem” from. 8-o

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

1 of 4