Digital Art Zone

Smart content, yellow triangle
Posted: 24 October 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2012-07-21

In a brave attempt to get my content organized, i’ve been creating metadata for my gen4 stuff.
Sometimes the product shows up in my smart content with a yellow triangle, wich supposedly means something like ‘bad reference’ or ‘missing file’.
Is there an easy way to find out what exactly is missing or badly referenced so i can fix it; or is there a way to have DS ignore this, and at least still show me the thumbnail of my product ?

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7075
Joined  2005-08-15

I thought you could right-click on the ones with the yellow triangle, and the ‘Remove Orphaned References’ or words to that effect.  I don;t have any so I can’t check.  If you go to the Content Library tab, and use the drop-down menu there, you should find Content DB Maintenance, and it has that option.

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21

Have tried that one before, it works only on just one of the possible causes of bad reference. There are a few other options in there as well, but i have no idea what they do. Which probably means i should make a backup of my content db, and start trying out grin

Thanks.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Yes, always a good idea.  I think we have all done it the other way to our regeret at some time smile

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21

No luck with the other options either.
Don’t feel like putting much more effort and time in it, but then again, i do want this solved…

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Don’t give up yet.

There are quite a few people here who know a lot more about this problem than I do, and they will be around the forums a bit later on.
I know it is annoying, but hold on for a little while, and I’m sure you will get some answers.

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21

Would it be possible to open the content db externally ? Maybe i could find some clues in there.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

As far as I am aware, it is a Valentino database, but I have never looked into it at all, I am not even sure where it is stored, although I’m sure I could find out smile

Posted: 29 November 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-07-21

Victory !!
Well, sort of…  Still don’t know if and where you can see what throws the triangle error in DS, but today i got rid of the last two remaining yellow triangles in my smart content pane. Turns out there was something wrong with the thumbnails, and all i had to do was open and resave the thumbnails in gimpshop. Doh !!

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
my store at DAZ3D