Digital Art Zone

DS 3.1.2.32: Fine after reboot; sluggish and unacceptable (UI) behaviour when restarting after a while ...
Posted: 23 October 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-05-29

The very annoying problem is: When I reboot my machine, DS (version 3.1.2.32) comes up fine and works properly; BUT: When I restart DS after a while, it shows sluggish and unacceptable (UI) behaviour ... All other Apps on my machine do NOT show such a behaviour ... This is VERY annoying because I do not want to boot my machine every time this behaviour occurs ... All my own investigations so far - processes, DS settings, etc. - did not yield the reason(s) for this problem.

- My OS: Win XP Pro

I am already testdriving the latest DS 4.5 Pro on another machine: All the features I need - Texture Atlas, Triangulate, Decimator, FBX Export, Scripting - are now supported; but I am not yet ready to upgrade; for instance I am not fully convinced by the results of the FBX exports I have seen so far ...

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1148
Joined  2003-12-16

What are your system specs?

For optimal speed in DS3 this is how your system specifications (edit/preferences) should be set.

Also make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date from the manufacturer.

Image Attachments
3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg
 Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2875
Joined  2004-04-14

Is your operating system 32bit or 64bit?

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-05-29

Hello StratDragon !

Thanks a bunch for Your tips; I had already some of the settings in place and adapted the others; except of that I still need tool tips ...

My machine is overall already some years old: 32-Bit Win XP Pro, SP3; it is exceptionally chock full of software ...

Before posting more specs, I wait and see if some of those settings already helped with the problem ...

Cheers and Tschüss

VerlSnake-Kai