Revolutionary soft-body physics
Posted: 01 June 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10
creativemodelsbe - 31 May 2012 11:44 PM
wancow - 31 May 2012 09:02 PM

HEY… we JUST got SDS in Daz Studio with Genesis!  Would be nice, I"m sure, but we’re always ten years behind the high end…

10 years behind?

soon there is no high end anymore.

There will ALWAYS be a high end!  Check out the price of the software that plugs into and check out the price of DAZ Studio 4… One costs $$$$$$ and one costs $0.0.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25
wancow - 01 June 2012 01:58 PM
creativemodelsbe - 31 May 2012 11:44 PM
wancow - 31 May 2012 09:02 PM

HEY… we JUST got SDS in Daz Studio with Genesis!  Would be nice, I"m sure, but we’re always ten years behind the high end…

10 years behind?

soon there is no high end anymore.

There will ALWAYS be a high end!  Check out the price of the software that plugs into and check out the price of DAZ Studio 4… One costs $$$$$$ and one costs $0.0.

wasn’t the price of studio pro first around $429 ?  that’s sounds not free? red face

studio need good soft-body physics, we can create funny things with such kind of physics.

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2005-08-20
creativemodelsbe - 04 June 2012 12:29 PM

wasn’t the price of studio pro first around $429 ?  that’s sounds not free? red face

studio need good soft-body physics, we can create funny things with such kind of physics.

You don’t need Pro to run or create plugins.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 01 April 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2013-02-07

Physics, in a program like Daz, would neither be about trucks crashing into brick walls nor blocks and other props bouncing around on the ground.  Physics in Daz would be about having that prop STOP when it came into contact with genesis’ hand because the prop connected with something.  Physics would be about moving the arm and hand down to place on the hip and having the hand stop, (perhaps bend a bit more at the wrist if you kept pushing it), when it came into contact with that hip because the physics engine would tell the hand that it had reached a solid object. 

Physics is a plug-in $125 add on in Poser I am not inclined to purchase because I have no confidence that it will work properly.  The Poser people cannot even get their dynamic cloth to drape quite right.  (It never looks right to me, Daz dynamic cloth looks much better when it works).  Furthermore, Daz has mastered conforming clothing much better where poke-through is concerned than the inexpensive-but-still-more-costly-than-Daz Poser. Finally, in Poser, you can make certain you have set limits as often as you want and that leg will still rotate a half dozen revolutions or dislocate itself six inches from the hip.  Although the problem is much lessened using Genesis in Poser rather than Posers own characters, (even their top of the line Miki4), still these things do not happen at all using Genesis in Daz.  I am guessing that if Daz were to tackle the problem of physics, they would get it right.  I would, therefore, readily pay for such a plug-in if it were available for Daz Studio.  Why?  Because it would seriously speed up the work flow. 

And, yes, I admit I wouldn’t mind playing with it a bit!

Posted: 02 April 2013 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

Damn, that would be nice… but the thing is DS lacks a lot of things… not just physics…. a viable particle engine is another… But for my part, I share your confidence in DAZ.  They do tend to get things right within the limits they are forced to work with…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 02 April 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2009-07-05
creativemodelsbe - 31 May 2012 04:05 AM

Revolutionary soft-body physics in CryEngine3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KppTmsNFneg#!

is this what we will see in the new dazstudio 5 or carrara 9?
when do we see this in daz programs?
i really need it

Ok ... You just ruin the rest of my day today.
Yes, this is so wonderful ... And so beyond me, makes me frustrated.
I have Daz Studio Pro 4.5, PP2012, Vue10complete.

Signature 

Casemod AKASA Eclipse 62 / intel i7 2600 / Asrock Z77 Pro3 / GTX titan /  Ram: 4x 8GB, Corsair XMS3 DDR3 = (32Gb) / 120GB Sandisk SSD / HDD 7200rpm 1T / CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 LED blue / Power suply Corsair CX 750w (80 plus bronze)

Posted: 02 April 2013 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2655
Joined  2004-04-25
blibertyblab - 01 April 2013 10:55 PM

Physics, in a program like Daz, would neither be about trucks crashing into brick walls nor blocks and other props bouncing around on the ground.  Physics in Daz would be about having that prop STOP when it came into contact with genesis’ hand because the prop connected with something.  Physics would be about moving the arm and hand down to place on the hip and having the hand stop, (perhaps bend a bit more at the wrist if you kept pushing it), when it came into contact with that hip because the physics engine would tell the hand that it had reached a solid object. 

Physics is a plug-in $125 add on in Poser I am not inclined to purchase because I have no confidence that it will work properly.  The Poser people cannot even get their dynamic cloth to drape quite right.  (It never looks right to me, Daz dynamic cloth looks much better when it works).  Furthermore, Daz has mastered conforming clothing much better where poke-through is concerned than the inexpensive-but-still-more-costly-than-Daz Poser. Finally, in Poser, you can make certain you have set limits as often as you want and that leg will still rotate a half dozen revolutions or dislocate itself six inches from the hip.  Although the problem is much lessened using Genesis in Poser rather than Posers own characters, (even their top of the line Miki4), still these things do not happen at all using Genesis in Daz.  I am guessing that if Daz were to tackle the problem of physics, they would get it right.  I would, therefore, readily pay for such a plug-in if it were available for Daz Studio.  Why?  Because it would seriously speed up the work flow. 

And, yes, I admit I wouldn’t mind playing with it a bit!

The Poser Physics plugin is $49.99 regular price.  SMS sold for half that when it was released.

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poserphysics.html

It works in both P9 and Pro 2012.  I does have a bit of learning curve but if you need rag doll physics, it is worth the effort.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 02 April 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2003-10-09
blibertyblab - 01 April 2013 10:55 PM

Physics, in a program like Daz, would neither be about trucks crashing into brick walls nor blocks and other props bouncing around on the ground.  Physics in Daz would be about having that prop STOP when it came into contact with genesis’ hand because the prop connected with something.  Physics would be about moving the arm and hand down to place on the hip and having the hand stop, (perhaps bend a bit more at the wrist if you kept pushing it), when it came into contact with that hip because the physics engine would tell the hand that it had reached a solid object.  ...

There’s quite a bit of collision detection and physics in DAZ’s Carrara already.  Has been for over a decade.  Carrara tain’t free but collision detection and physics is standard with Carrara.  Tisn’t softbody physics but it’s something,...  when it works. :-s

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 03 April 2013 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2008-05-31

This bicycle must be a hard-body then. Or maybe they didn’t adjust the settings correctly…

Image Attachments
carbikecrash.jpg
 Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

2 of 2