Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
my WIP’s, working on to much at the same time..
Posted: 26 October 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  0

I have hit a problem.

I want to make some morphs to replace the autogenerated morphs.
For the standard Genesis female and male, that is no problem..

But when doing this for shapes that scale the figure I’m getting problems.
I shape Genesis to V5.

Then I export the hair and hat to Hexagon bye the bridge.
Reshape the hat so it fits.
Export the hat as FBMVictoria5.obj

Using the MorphloaderPro I import the morph
Setting Overwrite Existing to Deltas Only

It does work for the shape, but it also looks like it pick up the scaling, so the hat disappears into the chest.

So my question is : How do you this… What am I missing ?

Image Attachments
morphproblem.jpg
 Signature 

My freebies : http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Varsel

Posted: 26 October 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4900
Joined  2008-03-06

When you refit to a morph that uses scaling, you have to eliminate the scaling from your process.

So: Load Genesis only.  Dial it to V5.  Go to transforms and set scale to 100%.

Now export V5.  Import to Hexagon or wherever.  She is the correct scale to morph your object to.  You will also need to do this with S3, S5, V5Supermodel, Mavka, and A3 if you use those morphs.  V3, V4, A4, Hitomi, Voluptuous and the Girl 4 are 100% normally and need no scale correction (but Hitomi has that separate breast morph thing to deal with).  All the males are bigger than 100% other than Basic, David 3, Hiro 3 and Hiro 4.

It’s good to keep a folder of correctly-scaled versions of these morphs for importing to your modeler, or if the modeler can use layers, a file full of all the female morphs (or all the male morphs, all the Universals,etc.)  This is what I do.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 October 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2224
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 26 October 2012 12:47 PM

When you refit to a morph that uses scaling, you have to eliminate the scaling from your process.

So: Load Genesis only.  Dial it to V5.  Go to transforms and set scale to 100%.

Now export V5.  Import to Hexagon or wherever.  She is the correct scale to morph your object to.  You will also need to do this with S3, S5, V5Supermodel, Mavka, and A3 if you use those morphs.  V3, V4, A4, Hitomi, Voluptuous and the Girl 4 are 100% normally and need no scale correction (but Hitomi has that separate breast morph thing to deal with).  All the males are bigger than 100% other than Basic, David 3, Hiro 3 and Hiro 4.

It’s good to keep a folder of correctly-scaled versions of these morphs for importing to your modeler, or if the modeler can use layers, a file full of all the female morphs (or all the male morphs, all the Universals,etc.)  This is what I do.

sickle, thank you so much for posting this! I’ve been struggling to do a morph for the ever after dress and having a problem when I apply the morph. It was for a3 ...I think this may solve it for me.

Varsel, I love what you have done so far….I will be lurking in the corner with Jaderail. : )

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 26 October 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

You’re welcome!  I had to discover it on my own with my first Genesis product and it caused me some frustration at the time.  I’m not saying it’s not in the docs somewhere, but if so it’s sure easy to miss.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2224
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 26 October 2012 02:20 PM

You’re welcome!  I had to discover it on my own with my first Genesis product and it caused me some frustration at the time.  I’m not saying it’s not in the docs somewhere, but if so it’s sure easy to miss.

Well I certainly missed it and it does look like its fixed the problem.

Varsel, sorry to take you thread off on a tangent. Back to lurking…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 26 October 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Thank’s… I will try this on monday. Right now I am at work,(with my tab…) Friday-Saturday-Sunday : work-sleep-work-zzzzz

Pendraia , no problem.. The more the merrier..

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Thank you SickleYield.

That did it. If it is in the documentation it is sure easy to miss. I haven’t found it yet…

A V5 morph is now in place for both the dress and the hat.

I have also got some references for the pants now, and are going to start creating those.

Signature 

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  0

So here are some pants.

Not as wide as they can be, and they can really be wide, but acceptable to use with the Ao Dai.

Creating them was interesting and fun.
I made the base shape, which actually is just two tubes. (No formfitting tailoring here…)
Imported them into Carrara, and used the Soft Body modifier on them to get the shape.
Exported back into Hexagon, did some cleanup (cause the Soft Body Modifier triangulate the polygons) and off to Studio.

As I have understood, they are normally white or black. But they can also be made of shiny silk.

Image Attachments
pants1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  0

And a question…

Is there a way to split a morph into two morphs as in Right leg and Left leg ?
I’m going to create some adjustment and movement morphs, and in Hexagon I can use the symmetry function to create identical morphs for both sides.

Or do I have to do it the hard way and create them separatly ?

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  0

And here is the full dress with all parts.

And now to make adjustment, fitting and movement morphs.

Might try some wrinkles.
Morphs, or in the texture.

Image Attachments
fullDress.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  0

I haven’t had time to do to much on this, but I’ve picked it up again.
Created a second version of the pants. But although it looks better when she is just standing there, it create problems when posing. To use the new one I’ll have to learn how to create JCM’s.

SickleYield made the Japanese School Uniform, so I got sidetracked, and made this hat. It is based on a Japanese field hat, used in WW2.
(the emblem is not, that is for something else…)

I have also picked up an European Navy Uniform, and something for a Viking. So far this is a “civilian” Viking.
For him to go on the rampage, just ad a shield and an ax, and if he was a wealthy viking, some armor…

I am also doing something wrong when I am saving the clothing to the SmartContent.
The clothing shows up when Genesis is selected in the scene tab, together with everything else for Genesis.
But when the clothing is selected, everything else for Genesis still shows up, instead of just the presets for the clothing…

Image Attachments
Doc3.jpgnew-2.jpgnew-4.jpgpants2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Varsel - 30 October 2012 10:14 AM

And a question…

Is there a way to split a morph into two morphs as in Right leg and Left leg ?
I’m going to create some adjustment and movement morphs, and in Hexagon I can use the symmetry function to create identical morphs for both sides.

Or do I have to do it the hard way and create them separatly ?

Sorry for the late response!  I don’t think there’s a way to do that.  If there is I’d certainly like to know - I always have to create JCM etc. separately for each leg.

That’s a nice sim on the pants!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2012-02-07

This looks to be interesting.  I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 26 November 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  0

While I was waiting for the update on CorelDraw, I was working on making fbm morphs for the hat when I discovered an interesting challenge…..

Creating fbm’s for the different bodyshapes (like M4,M4,Basic female,45,v4 etc….) is no problem.
But if you apply a different face shape, or adjustment, they will also morph the hat. And taking into account all the current and future variations, I had to have a look into smartpropping…

With the latest Studio you can now create smartprops, something that wasn’t possible before..

I did find out that when applying a different bodyshape, (V5) the hat did scale and move down with the head. But since the V5 head also moves to the front, the hat needed a slight morph adjustment to the front….
And with the Hex-bridge, adjustment morphs are easy to make….
(the only stupid thing that I have discovered is that those morphs doesn’t work in Carrara)

Image Attachments
jhat1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Good progress!  I really like his face morph too, where’s it from?

I’ve been discovering with my own latest project with Marieah that I seldom want to have a hat conform unless it’s a tight brimless style (or has a short brim, like our earlier fedora).  Smartpropping still lets you custom morph it if you want to make the brim shape different, the crown higher, etc., but you also don’t get brim distortion on scaled FBMs.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

2 of 3