Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Trying to make Poser clothing fit Genesis in Poser
Posted: 22 October 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2003-10-09

Yep..confusing as the title reads! LOL..OK..what I did was opened my Daz Studio “newest version”, and loaded the basic child figure.
Then I went to my Poser directory and loaded the K4 Bambini pants called “Babette Uni Pant” and after I chose what figure it was originally meant for and what type clothing it was it fit perfectly to the Gen Child! Amazing..OK..if it were that easy in Poser all would be good…but..
I went thru the tut on how to convert clothing for the DSON..and here is what I got as you see in the image..mind you..when I loaded the pants into the scene they loaded perfectly..however ..when I conformed them to the Basic Child..they exploded as shown..any one else having this issue or does anyone know what I did wrong? heh..askin for a little help please smile thanks!

Image Attachments
BasicChildwJean.jpg

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15734
Joined  2003-10-09

There are currently issues with morphs that use scaling in Poser - it’s a known issue, but I don’t know how soluble it is.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 22 October 2012 05:33 PM

There are currently issues with morphs that use scaling in Poser - it’s a known issue, but I don’t know how soluble it is.

Ahh OK. Thank you Richard..perhaps I will try another clothing item then and see if it works.
Thanks for posting here and letting me know!

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15734
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s the child morph, not the clothing item, that is the issue (assuming I am right about the issue).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 22 October 2012 05:46 PM

It’s the child morph, not the clothing item, that is the issue (assuming I am right about the issue).

Oh..wow..bummer!! Well guess best wait until maybe there is a fix. for it later..hopefully! :(

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10

If I’m correct, there should be version of that outfit that’s already converted in the Poser Essentials. Could be wrong, but check the character tab.

Posted: 22 October 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Male-M3dia - 22 October 2012 05:55 PM

If I’m correct, there should be version of that outfit that’s already converted in the Poser Essentials. Could be wrong, but check the character tab.

I already have the Poser version..but what I was trying to do was to get it to fit the Basic Child in my Poser by way of taking it into Daz Studio and making it fit the Basic Child there..then transporting it back into Poser so it would fit the Basic Child in my Poser program. ..I know..it sounds confusing..thanks for trying to help me..at least I know there is a problem with the Basic Child and I wont waste anymore time trying to make it work. smile

Posted: 22 October 2012 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10
digitell - 22 October 2012 05:59 PM

I already have the Poser version..but what I was trying to do was to get it to fit the Basic Child in my Poser by way of taking it into Daz Studio and making it fit the Basic Child there..then transporting it back into Poser so it would fit the Basic Child in my Poser program. ..I know..it sounds confusing..thanks for trying to help me..at least I know there is a problem with the Basic Child and I wont waste anymore time trying to make it work. smile

So you used autofit to convert it to genesis then saved that result as a genesis item per instructions? I would doublecheck the steps in making the outfit then; the basic child does work in Poser (most likely because it’s rigged rather than scaled). I just used the K4 basicwear and conformed and transferred morphs after I put the character in a pose. Are you using the generated companion file to load the clothing to genesis and not trying to conform that item from your poser directory?

Posted: 22 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Male-M3dia - 22 October 2012 06:10 PM
digitell - 22 October 2012 05:59 PM

So you used autofit to convert it to genesis then saved that result as a genesis item per instructions? I would doublecheck the steps in making the outfit then; the basic child does work in Poser (most likely because it’s rigged rather than scaled). I just used the K4 basicwear and conformed and transferred morphs after I put the character in a pose. Are you using the generated companion file to load the clothing to genesis and not trying to conform that item from your poser directory?

Hi Male-M3dia ..thanks for posting and trying to help me..yep I did save it as a .duf file using the instructions to File → Save As → Support Asset → Figure/Prop Assets. Then loaded it into Poser and it loaded just fine..but when I conformed to the Basic Child in Poser ..that is when it exploded. I did try again and used the DSON script which only slightly shrunk the pant and did not fit it to the kid at all..so I am just stuck on what to try..until Richard said the Child is broke in Poser…Thanks again for your input! Much obliged smile

Posted: 22 October 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  565
Joined  0

Very strange. I just converted the outfit to .duf, saved it as a Wearable Preset, then loaded up a Genesis in Poser 9. Conformed then dialed in the Basic Child morph. Everything stayed as it should and the Child does not appear to be broken. Are you using SR3.1 or just SR3? It’s possible the scaling issue got fixed again in 3.1.

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 22 October 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Byrdie - 22 October 2012 06:56 PM

Very strange. I just converted the outfit to .duf, saved it as a Wearable Preset, then loaded up a Genesis in Poser 9. Conformed then dialed in the Basic Child morph. Everything stayed as it should and the Child does not appear to be broken. Are you using SR3.1 or just SR3? It’s possible the scaling issue got fixed again in 3.1.

Hiya Byrdie..yep using the SR3.1..the lastest update Poser..whats got me wondering now…you used the Genesis figure and then applied the child morph..and I used the Basic Child straight. So maybe that is what my problem is?? I should use Genesis figure and not the Basic Child?? I will give it a shot. Thanks for posting! smile

Posted: 22 October 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

I had the same results with both a morphed Genesis and the Basic Child. Perfect fit, no fly-aways or bust ups. When you converted the clothing, did you do it with a morphed Genesis or a totally zeroed one? I’ve been using the zeroed as was mentioned in another thread and so far have had nothing as drastic as that wreck, though there are some outfits that just don’t go right no matter what. Also, I’ve been very pleasantly surprised when things I was sure would fail altogether or else need a lot of work to use came out near perfect on the first try. Not to mention disappointments when what should have worked, didn’t.

Posted: 22 October 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I did it with a total zeroed Basic Child..so I dont have any idea what I did wrong..Congratz on getting it right! Maybe I will eventually get it figured out..I hope so cause I got alot of clothing items I would love to use on Genesis.

Posted: 22 October 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Try it using the totally zeroed basic Genesis instead. Make sure there are no morphs applied, load the clothing and convert with autofit. Then save it as a Wearable Preset and give the preset a Poser Companion file. That has been suggested for outfits that have a tendency to blow up when conformed in Poser, it’s the way I do it with all of mine since it’s quicker and I have better results.

Posted: 22 October 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OK Byrdie I will give that a go. Thanks again for all your help! I will do that in the morn and post my results here then.
Thank you and keep your fingers crossed for me! perhaps toes too smile

Posted: 22 October 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Will do. Good luck, if I can think of anything else that might help I’ll let you know.

1 of 2