Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Freebie Request -  M5 uv remap for M4 gens?
Posted: 30 December 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9620
Joined  2007-11-06

Looks like it can’t read the geometry.  You might want to try uncompressing the .dsf before decrypting—in 4.5 .dsf’s are compressed by default (using zip compression), in 4.0 they were uncompressed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 December 2012 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2012-01-22
fixmypcmike - 30 December 2012 07:20 PM

Looks like it can’t read the geometry.  You might want to try uncompressing the .dsf before decrypting—in 4.5 .dsf’s are compressed by default (using zip compression), in 4.0 they were uncompressed.

Thank you for the suggestion Mike, I checked and the dsf was already uncompressed (I reset my DL from the M5ProBundle to get the keyfile and I think that product was released in the DS4.0 days) I did go back and give it another go though and turns out the output file MUST have the same name as the rte, which then gives you a zipfile with a data folder/morphs and the new dsf inside it. Tested it out and it works great!

The only drawback I’ve found is that you can’t use any M4 presets, meaning you have to go in and change the UV map then set every field/image manually ... But that aside it takes M4, H5 AND M3 textures now, plus it even has a few extra morphs ... awesome freebie/update CauriB, thanks!

Posted: 06 January 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-03-12

Hi, I’ve been searching all over for something like this, but I’m having a little trouble getting it installed.  I’ve never used RTE before, so I have no clue what I’m doing wrong.  It keeps telling me I’ve got the wrong keyfile.

Posted: 06 January 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-22
GeneRufus - 06 January 2013 03:25 PM

Hi, I’ve been searching all over for something like this, but I’m having a little trouble getting it installed.  I’ve never used RTE before, so I have no clue what I’m doing wrong.  It keeps telling me I’ve got the wrong keyfile.

I think the correct keyfile is ‘Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf’, the file name is listed in the readme CaurieB included with the zip if you wanna double check. The keyfile is also dependent on which version of the remap you downloaded ... I downloaded the ‘Male Gen improved.zip’ from CaurieB’s freebie site > http://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne, which I believe is the latest version. It requires DS4.5 and you need to have the UPDATED version of the M5 gens to decode it, so you should reset your M5 pro bundle download first from the Daz store, install the updated version and then try again using that new dsf file as your key.

Posted: 06 January 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2009-03-12
LEI1 - 06 January 2013 03:38 PM

I think the correct keyfile is ‘Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf’, the file name is listed in the readme CaurieB included with the zip if you wanna double check. The keyfile is also dependent on which version of the remap you downloaded ... I downloaded the ‘Male Gen improved.zip’ from CaurieB’s freebie site > http://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne, which I believe is the latest version. It requires DS4.5 and you need to have the UPDATED version of the M5 gens to decode it, so you should reset your M5 pro bundle download first from the Daz store, install the updated version and then try again using that new dsf file as your key.

Tried that, it’s still telling me I’ve got the same ‘wrong keyfile’ message.  It also now is suddenly telling me that I’ve got the wrong output file, which is wasn’t saying before, even though it’s the same as before.

Posted: 06 January 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-22
GeneRufus - 06 January 2013 03:59 PM

Tried that, it’s still telling me I’ve got the same ‘wrong keyfile’ message.  It also now is suddenly telling me that I’ve got the wrong output file, which is wasn’t saying before, even though it’s the same as before.

Hm, check the file size on the dsf to be CERTAIN it’s the updated one. I actually had this same problem and it was because I thought I had the M5 updated dsf and I didn’t.

The file size for the old dsf is 518kb, the new and correct dsf is 523.8kb ... After you’ve confirmed you have the correct version for the keyfile then make sure you set the output file to the same folder that the RTE file is in and give it the same name as the RTE as well, which would be: Male Gen improved. After that let the decoder run and it should give you a compressed zipfile with the updated gens inside it.

FYI: these are the directions for windows by the way. I use both windows and mac osx and I can confirm the latest RTE cross platform release does not work at all on the Lion osx for macs. If you’re using an older operating system (mac) you might be fine though.

Posted: 06 January 2013 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2009-03-12
LEI1 - 06 January 2013 06:03 PM

Hm, check the file size on the dsf to be CERTAIN it’s the updated one. I actually had this same problem and it was because I thought I had the M5 updated dsf and I didn’t.

The file size for the old dsf is 518kb, the new and correct dsf is 523.8kb ... After you’ve confirmed you have the correct version for the keyfile then make sure you set the output file to the same folder that the RTE file is in and give it the same name as the RTE as well, which would be: Male Gen improved. After that let the decoder run and it should give you a compressed zipfile with the updated gens inside it.

FYI: these are the directions for windows by the way. I use both windows and mac osx and I can confirm the latest RTE cross platform release does not work at all on the Lion osx for macs. If you’re using an older operating system (mac) you might be fine though.

Thanks, it was the wrong version, sort of.  Turns out, the trick was to install the Legacy file first, and then the regular/base one.  I noticed it changed the size of the .dsf depending on which one I’d run last.  The Legacy version is 505kb and the base is 511.  The 511 file was the correct one.  And I also found out that when picking an output file, I needed to add the .zip to the name myself, or I wound up with an unreadable file.  But everythings working out perfectly now!

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-22
GeneRufus - 06 January 2013 07:43 PM
LEI1 - 06 January 2013 06:03 PM

Thanks, it was the wrong version, sort of.  Turns out, the trick was to install the Legacy file first, and then the regular/base one.  I noticed it changed the size of the .dsf depending on which one I’d run last.  The Legacy version is 505kb and the base is 511.  The 511 file was the correct one.  And I also found out that when picking an output file, I needed to add the .zip to the name myself, or I wound up with an unreadable file.  But everythings working out perfectly now!

That keyfile can be tricky, glad you got it worked out!

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2013-04-15

I am trying to do the install… But it certainly isnt working.. I have tried reinstalling in every order on Mac Lion Latest… and have even used on windows 8 through virtual pc… When on mac the file is the right size in KB. so i try and decode and I also try and transfer/copy it to pc.. but the file size changes… I have been up day in day out hoping it would just work with a combination.

2 of 2