Digital Art Zone

Upgrade from Carrara 7 Pro to 8 Pro - How?
Posted: 21 October 2012 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2003-10-09

All I see in the store is an $89.99 option to upgrade Carrara from 7 to 8 but it doesn’t offer any choice between Standard and Pro.

I realise that it’s normal for the DAZ Store to put up barriers to the prevent the customer from buying, but I can usually work my through all the obfuscation. This time, I’m beaten.

Has anyone done this?

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

I’d also like to know if there’s an upgrade from 8 standard to 8 pro :(

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2012-04-01

There is a store glitch with upgrades, so the upgrade options are still removed while daz works out the details. You can either call in your order via a phone or email in the order via the support ticket system.

If the upgrade price is not in the current multpay sale of 69%, it is actually cheaper to buy the full version.
I think the upgrade to 8 pro from any older version was 300 non-PC and 200ish for PC members. Need to search the forum to check the numbers though…

Signature 

Everything about Carrara: http://www.carraracafe.com/

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2003-10-09
3drendero - 21 October 2012 08:49 AM

There is a store glitch with upgrades, so the upgrade options are still removed while daz works out the details. You can either call in your order via a phone or email in the order via the support ticket system.

If the upgrade price is not in the current multpay sale of 69%, it is actually cheaper to buy the full version.
I think the upgrade to 8 pro from any older version was 300 non-PC and 200ish for PC members. Need to search the forum to check the numbers though…

Thanks for the info, but I’ll wait until DAZ eventually get this sorted and offer a proper choice from the store. There’s no rush (and no special offer).

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

Kind of agree… I’m STILL WAITING on my refund because I had to buy a full annual Daz membership because they don’t have renewals set up either….

And yea no incentive to upgrade now anyway.