Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Ok, WHAT is UP with Optimizing IMAGES?!
Posted: 21 October 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2005-09-14

Hello Knight,

Click on the drop down arrow by Organize, Click on Folder and Search Options, and Then Click on the View Tab. That is where you will find Show Hidden Files and Folders. Hope this helps a little grin.

Posted: 21 October 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

If I could help I would but I’ve never run into this. When I set up my PC I set Me as Admin without a password and turned off my UAC (user account control). I’m the only user and did not want to be bugged with pop ups when using my PC as I liked. Of course I’ve used PC for years and knew what to do. I’m sorry my advice seems to have caused you issues. I assumed you knew about these things at the start. I should have asked.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
islandgurl31 - 21 October 2012 07:49 PM

Hello Knight,

Click on the drop down arrow by Organize, Click on Folder and Search Options, and Then Click on the View Tab. That is where you will find Show Hidden Files and Folders. Hope this helps a little grin.

THANKS! That helps! Now I think I know what I did wrong. I was right clicking on the Users folder directly on the left hand menu and made the mistake of messing around with something I probably shouldn’t have. Found Users>Knight22179 again, it was apparently moved. Found AppData. I THINK I’ve found the correct folder MJ spoke of.

But I checked each folder and each folder is empty. *Headesk*

Here’s a screenshot of where I am at right now so anyone can confirm I am in the right place. I clicked all 3 folders. All are empty. downer

So, if these are empty, then why am I having these M5 Phillip Texture issues whenever I load it and the Defiant outfit for Genesis? *Scratches head*

Image Attachments
Capture.JPG
 Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Jaderail - 21 October 2012 07:56 PM

If I could help I would but I’ve never run into this. When I set up my PC I set Me as Admin without a password and turned off my UAC (user account control). I’m the only user and did not want to be bugged with pop ups when using my PC as I liked. Of course I’ve used PC for years and knew what to do. I’m sorry my advice seems to have caused you issues. I assumed you knew about these things at the start. I should have asked.

That’s ok, Jaderail. Honestly, I’ve never run into this kind of thing either. Usually, I do know my way around my own PC, but like everyone, there is some things I simply don’t know. So, don’t be too hard on yourself. I always appreciate your help.

I just hope I’m not coming across as…stupid or something.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Oh heck no. I’ve been Win7 for a bit now and I still hit stuff I’ve never seen. As for what’s up with DS geeking on those textures I’m at a loss. Have you tried a Reset and then reinstalling those sets? Maybe the texture files are corrupted. That’s my last idea.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

I was thinking the same thing. I never did update those two products (ANd everything else seems to work fine, just not those two).

I’ll try resetting my downloads. I’ll give an update if that works. Hopefully it will. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

If it isn’t keeping everything around, the reset/corrupt textures was my next idea, too,,,

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Looks like I’ll have to reset the LIE wound texture pack too. I only got 2 Optimized Images and it gets to 1 then zero and back again. As of this writing, it’s been doing that for a bit under 4 minutes.

Resetting time!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Much luck to you. I hope this is all it is.

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Resetting, re-downloading and re-installing M5 (with the Phillip texture), worked. No more of this problem! YAY!

Haven’t tried the Defiant Outfit for Genesis yet, but I am confident that would have no problems either. smile

Thanks for the help guys. smile

P.S: This will teach me to update my content more often. downer

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

YEA!! Good to hear.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5879
Joined  2006-02-20
Knight22179 - 22 October 2012 02:18 PM

P.S: This will teach me to update my content more often. downer

I am subscribed to these two threads:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/
and
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2602/
for updates informations.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Thanks, Kerya. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 21 February 2014 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2011-09-24

Just confirming, I had this same problem too with Phillip. He’s a bad boy sometimes isn’t he? Setting Genesis to default male textures and saving as a separate file did help. At first I tried saving over/replacing the old file with default Genesis male, this didn’t help.

I’ll give the re install idea a go-go.
I’m on a Mac.

Signature 

My Store
My Gallery
A captain’s goal was simple: find a crew, find a job… keep flying.
-Firefly

2 of 2