Digital Art Zone

Bryce 5 content
Posted: 20 October 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2011-10-21

Where do i install these files. When I install them under (C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets) they dont show up in bryce ? So how do I make them show?

Image Attachments
Content.jpg
 Signature 

Working in Daz 3d Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Sony vegas pro 11, Bryce 7 pro.
Win 7 64 bit
i7 - 980 processor
Sabertooth X58 motherboard
Geforce GTX 570 (phantom3)

Posted: 20 October 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2003-10-09

Bryce doesn’t use external content - it’s all internal to Bryce and that’s where it’s loaded from.

After you unzip each file (they can go anywhere) if they have an extension of:

.OBP - click the little triangle next to the word “Create” (top of Bryce interface), select a category,  select Import and navigate to the .OPB file, Hit OK.
.MAT - triangle next to “Edit”
.BSK - triangle next to “Sky&Fog;”

.BR extension are scene files and are accessed with the File>“Open” menu item.

HTH;
Dan

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2004-10-01

I have a document that explains it all on my website (see sig). Go to Bryce Documents > Mine > Diverse > Bryce Content FAQ or click on this link   http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf to get the 11 page 590 KB PDF.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15242
Joined  2003-10-09

Talking of content.  I haven’t installed Br 6 on the new PC, but did try to install the Br 6 bonus content pack, which refuses to run because I don’t have Br 6 on the PC. It doesn’t appear to have any option in the installer to put it anywhere else, so I can’t run it to an empty folder.

Any ideas how I can make the installer run.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 20 October 2012 01:08 PM

Talking of content.  I haven’t installed Br 6 on the new PC, but did try to install the Br 6 bonus content pack, which refuses to run because I don’t have Br 6 on the PC. It doesn’t appear to have any option in the installer to put it anywhere else, so I can’t run it to an empty folder.

Hard to believe - I have never had problems installing content where I wanted it. I have a Bryce 6 Content DVD and there is not even an installer. Just the files in their respective folders.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 October 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4733
Joined  2012-04-07
chohole - 20 October 2012 01:08 PM

Generally speaking installers can be fooled into releasing their goods if you either copy/paste/rename a safe .exe file into the folder where you want the goods planted. With some installers one can even just make a fake .exe file using a text editor - i.e. Notepad, which will permit a “save as” “all file types”, and manually add the point exe to the end of the name. Just be sure to delete the fake .exe afterwards!

Signature