Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Pissed off
Posted: 23 October 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2005-01-01
Male-M3dia - 22 October 2012 04:30 PM

Actually you forgot the phrase “for a limited time”. If that’s part of the poster, then people that are quick enough to take advantage of the offer gets the discount. Evidently the demand was such that the offer ran it’s course and the discount is removed. If you see something that says “free for a limited time”, grab it as soon as you can… if you wait, you run the risk of not getting it.

That was what the poster on the restaurant said too, ‘for a limited time’. Just nobody had expected that they would end the action on dinners before dinnertime.
Let us be serious. DAZ launches a tool to enable users to load their proprietary binary format content in Poser. The tool uses features available only in a Poer update. Consequently users have first to download and install the update, then download and install the tool, get it to work. The tool opens new possibilities, opportunities, but users have to find the pros and cons and make up their mind how they can use it. They have to fiind out how they can use content they already own, maybe re-organize their Runtimes. To pull them forward, DAZ waves a carrot in front of their eyes: Content is 30% off! By the time users have decided and are ready to order, the offer is stopped. It is stopped inside the store, but the posters on the storefront remain. In other words, the poster is still up, but visitors in the restaurant see the full pricing only at the time they are seaed and have the menu in their hands. 
In the mean while it becomes apparent that the tool has bugs, an update is launched.

Now you finally understand?

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  987
Joined  2012-01-29

Bagoas: But DAZ guys are not blessed with clairvoyance. How should they know how much time each customer needs to make up their mind whether s/he wants to buy stuff or not? Some people decide right away, others need days and still are unable to make a final decision. So for some the sale lasted long enough, while for others it passed too quickly. But don´t worry, there will always be another sale, and maybe in the next sale you will get everything even cheaper than you would have in the previous one.

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  558
Joined  2004-12-14
Proxima Shining - 23 October 2012 11:52 AM

Bagoas: But DAZ guys are not blessed with clairvoyance. How should they know how much time each customer needs to make up their mind whether s/he wants to buy stuff or not? Some people decide right away, others need days and still are unable to make a final decision. So for some the sale lasted long enough, while for others it passed too quickly. But don´t worry, there will always be another sale, and maybe in the next sale you will get everything even cheaper than you would have in the previous one.

I think part of the problem may be that DAZ stated that DS4, Hexagon, & Bryce were free for a “limited time” 

How many months have they been free?

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14136
Joined  2003-10-09

The primary definition of limited is “having a limit” .  What the limit is is open, so it could be 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years. depends on where the limit was set. Some limits are flexible.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Spring Bryce Rendering Challenge        April Freebie Challenge
My DAZ Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-01-29
ssgbryan - 23 October 2012 12:27 PM

I think part of the problem may be that DAZ stated that DS4, Hexagon, & Bryce were free for a “limited time” 

How many months have they been free?

You have a point. Actually, when I read DSON is free for a limited time, I guessed it would be free at least till the end of this month, so that more Poser users - even the ones who do not visit the store on daily basis - will have the opportunity to get it for free.

Posted: 23 October 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

I feel some of your pain. I got the importer for free- took a little while to make sense of it. Got a few products-was pleased-considered more-but they were on full price.
It works fairly well in PoserPro2012 Mac- so if items I want go on sale again-I might buy. Just keep your eyes open-Daz rotates sales frequently.

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2005-01-01

Yes, saw some of the items I was looking for came on sale again.
On sale, ex-sale, this is very annoying.

Posted: 25 October 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-01-29
Bagoas - 25 October 2012 02:22 AM

Yes, saw some of the items I was looking for came on sale again.
On sale, ex-sale, this is very annoying.

DAZ sometimes does such random things during a sale month. So if you really want them, buy them now.

2 of 2