Digital Art Zone

Firgures are adding to scene
Posted: 19 October 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m trying to add figures to the scene from the figure folder, but I’m getting a prompt to save changes as if it’s opening a previously save file.

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2557
Joined  2012-02-04

Perhaps you need to right click on the figure and select merge.

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the tip. But I didn’t have to do that before I loaded the most up to date Daz 4.5, and truthfully I feel that I shouldn’t have to do it now.

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15150
Joined  2003-10-09

You should be prompted only if the item you are loading is tagged as a scene - and is recent. If you want to save an assembled figure for use in other scenes use File>Save as>Scene subset and the double-click behaviour will default to Merge as you wish. You could make a feature request to have the load/merge option user-configurable, though.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 October 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Ds4.5 will ask if you wish to add a new figure or replace a figure when you load more than one of the same figure. Simple way to stop that is to NOT have a figure selected in the Scene when you load the new figure.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am getting propts to save changes as i try to load daz items from figures folder. Here’s an examples. I was trying to load Park Head Preload here.

Image Attachments
ScreenCapture00.jpg

Posted: 20 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9282
Joined  2007-11-06

As you can see, the icons you’re loading from are labeled “Scene”—by default when you load a Scene it assumes you want to replace the current scene.  Instead, right-click on the icon and choose Merge.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 October 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2011-04-12

So basically this one’s a metadata error that really should have been caught by QA?

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 20 October 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Murgatroyd - 20 October 2012 07:50 PM

So basically this one’s a metadata error that really should have been caught by QA?

I do not understand the question. As far as DS asking if you really wish to load a new figure when you have the old one selected that is NEEDED with genesis. Example: I want John Doe (genesis)  in a scene with MS.Lycan (genesis) it asks if I really wish to change my John Doe to MS.Lycan instead of just changing it to the Lycan. I get asked if I wish to Add a new figure or lose all my work on John which would just go POOF and I would have only the lycan in my scene. Understand the need now?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15150
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 20 October 2012 10:12 PM
Murgatroyd - 20 October 2012 07:50 PM

I do not understand the question. As far as DS asking if you really wish to load a new figure when you have the old one selected that is NEEDED with genesis. Example: I want John Doe (genesis)  in a scene with MS.Lycan (genesis) it asks if I really wish to change my John Doe to MS.Lycan instead of just changing it to the Lycan. I get asked if I wish to Add a new figure or lose all my work on John which would just go POOF and I would have only the lycan in my scene. Understand the need now?

No, this is a separate issue - it’ opening a scene instead of the current scene, not asking about replacing a figure or loading a new one. It’s a change now that DS has both scenes (default open) and scene subsets (default merge). That said, it is possible to fix it via the metadata by changing its type.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list