Digital Art Zone

Is there a free muscular male model?
Posted: 19 October 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-27

I’m taking a drawing class and I want to practice drawing male/female bodies from different view angles and different light angles.

I just downloaded the ds 4.5 and genesis starter. It comes with a model that can be made to look like a male with some muscle tone. But even when the muscles are adjusted to the max level (bodybuilder parameter =1.00), it is still not very cut. Is there a freebie that is comparable to the michael 5 default pose in terms of muscle definition?

In the attached image, the one on the left is what I can get out of the default ds4.5, and the one on right is what I’d like to have.

If not free, anything cheaper than michael 5 $39.95?

Image removed for nudity.  Please see this thread for info:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/3279_98/ 

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7456
Joined  2009-07-13

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm
since at least one user has reported unwanted activity visiting this link, I would suggest using an ad blocker or no script addon in your browser.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 19 October 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  965
Joined  2005-03-26

Adam Thwaites has some good muscled morphs at MostDigitalCreations for Genesis, that predate (barely) even V5.

This should have been placed in the General Freebie Requests thread.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 19 October 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1172
Joined  2009-01-09
VirtualPhotog - 19 October 2012 02:24 PM

I’m taking a drawing class and I want to practice drawing male/female bodies from different view angles and different light angles.

I just downloaded the ds 4.5 and genesis starter. It comes with a model that can be made to look like a male with some muscle tone. But even when the muscles are adjusted to the max level (bodybuilder parameter =1.00), it is still not very cut. Is there a freebie that is comparable to the michael 5 default pose in terms of muscle definition?

In the attached image, the one on the left is what I can get out of the default ds4.5, and the one on right is what I’d like to have.

If not free, anything cheaper than michael 5 $39.95?

If you’ve got the bodybuilder parameter, you may also have sliders for Body Tone, Fitness and Fitness Details. If you slide those to the maximum, you should get something like what you’re looking for.

If you don’t have those dials, then in order to do what you want with Genesis, you would need to get Genesis Evolution: Muscularity. (With or without Michael 5.) Unfortunately, that’s also $39.95 at the moment.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

He’s probably too bulky but The Freak is priced in a friendly way: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-freak

Or you can get the freak shape for genesis and mix him with other shapes partway…that’s on sale now, I think.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh, the max and min settings are realiy more like a guideline. If you click the little gear on end of the slider you can change the parameters to allow broader settings…that might help.

Brennan for Genesis has a nice bod and is 10 bucks: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/brennan-for-genesis

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09

Moved to Product Suggestions as it’s a request for, not an offer of, a freebie.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2003-10-09
Eustace Scrubb - 19 October 2012 07:21 PM

Adam Thwaites has some good muscled morphs at MostDigitalCreations for Genesis, that predate (barely) even V5.

This should have been placed in the General Freebie Requests thread.

I think the link is wrong as it goes to a holding page

i think adam is at the link below

Most Digital Creations