Digital Art Zone

9 of 12
Where is the Super Suit?
Posted: 26 May 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

Even with the pricing issues, I had to get the pro set. My first proper render with the Supersuit… and the most characters I’ve packed into the viewport, ever.

Image Attachments
RangerBriefingResize.jpg

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2003-10-09
Baglet - 26 May 2012 04:59 AM

Is the Super-suit going to be the body suit for Genesis? 300 mat zones sounds like a headache.

it is a little advertised fact, but there is a second bodysuit included in the bundle that is a “normal” bodysuit without all the wicked functionality.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2003-10-09
jferio - 26 May 2012 09:26 AM

Even with the pricing issues, I had to get the pro set. My first proper render with the Supersuit… and the most characters I’ve packed into the viewport, ever.

nice!

For one of the promo renders, I had 25 genesis figures wearing 25 supersuits… YIKES

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09

It is a little advertised fact, but there is a second bodysuit included in the bundle that is a “normal” bodysuit without all the wicked functionality.

Is that one available on it’s own? I don’t have any use for the ‘wicked functionality’ - not my sort of thing - but I use bodysuits for shirts and such under other things. Just simple ones like the M4/V4 ones.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 26 May 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  933
Joined  2004-01-15

..continue to play with….GN+F4+Mr Hyde+Superbodysuit+AXS+Supreme Power Poses smile

Image Attachments
f5-copy_T.jpg
 Signature 

MY FULL STORE at DAZ : muscleman. Enjoy!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE >>> FACEBOOK

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-02-22

So…are all the add-ons for the supersuit, just pre-made configurations of what you “could” do by hand using the base supersuit, or do they actually add new things?  I notice a few had some props and materials(which I assume are add-ons), but I was more interested in the actual morphs?

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8529
Joined  2007-11-06
3doutlaw - 26 May 2012 08:39 PM

So…are all the add-ons for the supersuit, just pre-made configurations of what you “could” do by hand using the base supersuit, or do they actually add new things?  I notice a few had some props and materials(which I assume are add-ons), but I was more interested in the actual morphs?

They’re new things, completely new textures and shaders, plus some have extra props and Genesis shapes.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-02-22

OK, so its textures and shaders (and some props, maybe a Genesis shape)  All of the “preset shapes” they mention, are just presets of the bodysuit, which one could “dial in” or something?  For example, for the Fantasy Pack, it shows a barbarian outfit.  You could get that basic shape out of the base suit (though not as easy without the preset), but you would NOT have the hair texture/shaders needed without that add-on?

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  595
Joined  2003-10-09
Zethara - 26 May 2012 08:19 AM
Legionair - 25 May 2012 01:56 PM
Zethara - 25 May 2012 11:14 AM

Wow.. there are some great renders in here already!  I’m pretty bummed though… Supposedly the super suit was going to be added to my account… according to my email back when I chose it for my March Madness bonus… And it’s not there at all. I did email support, but it seems to me that people who opted for the bonus and bought everything in the category in March should not have to wait.  I am a pretty calm person, but I’m disappointed right now. I get that the store is a mess… and the forums are a mess.. and that we’re supposed to be oh so patient, but *sniff cry* I hope they resolve the pricing issues for everyone… and get this product into the accounts of those of us who did choose it in good faith back when….

Don’t feel too bad. I picked the Grab Bag and got a box of rancid mayo and a broken statue.

ohh Seriously??? Ouch… That seems very strange…

The statue appeared to be a 3D print of V3 or V4. Would have been a very nice item to have. Unfortunately heavy, semi fragile intricate item does not mix well with poor packaging and Parcel Post shipping. The result was it showed up in five peices.

Add into this that someone thought it would be amusing to include a packet of mayo. The kind you would get from a take out place. Unfortunately this did not mix well with large, heavy, loose items (see above). This was compounded by about 50 Hiro 3 give away disks. So somewhere along the trip it must have gotten pinched between them. Mayo + Parcel Post + Springtime in Florida = An overly unpleasent box.

I was able to salvage three audio CDs (two of which I already owned, one in Russian (I presume)). And one DAZ instruction book.

Thrown away was an assortment of posters, two books (one in German I think), one magazine, two Victoria Secret catalogs and a t-shirt.

I emailed support about it. Not really expecting a resolution, but thinking I should at least mention the poor logic of mayo and no padding in the box.

I expected at least an apology, but to date, nothing.

Moral of the story, choose the grab bag at your own peril. Unless you want to trade $100 in product for a book that smells of mayo.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2005-11-30

can we recreate the classic superman outfit like this: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

with the supersuit? I saw the semi-look-a-like in the Hero Classics product but i want to be able to recreate the real thing smile

Looking at the morphing seams though i dont see any lines that can be combined to create the classic red briefs. Is it possible?

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-02-02
Faewolf - 26 May 2012 10:16 PM

can we recreate the classic superman outfit like this: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

with the supersuit? I saw the semi-look-a-like in the Hero Classics product but i want to be able to recreate the real thing smile

Looking at the morphing seams though i dont see any lines that can be combined to create the classic red briefs. Is it possible?

No, it’s impossible to make a material zone of that shape. It can’t be done.

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Shaders in the Pro bundle are friggin’ AMAZING.

Just AMAZING. I’m drooling over ‘em right now.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 May 2012 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2007-06-22
3doutlaw - 26 May 2012 09:42 PM

OK, so its textures and shaders (and some props, maybe a Genesis shape)  All of the “preset shapes” they mention, are just presets of the bodysuit, which one could “dial in” or something?  For example, for the Fantasy Pack, it shows a barbarian outfit.  You could get that basic shape out of the base suit (though not as easy without the preset), but you would NOT have the hair texture/shaders needed without that add-on?

Correct, but if you have other shaders you could easily use them on the boy suit. Having said that as others have said the shaders are awesome and the presets make life much easier.

Posted: 27 May 2012 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2007-06-22
Timmoth - 26 May 2012 11:21 PM

No, it’s impossible to make a material zone of that shape. It can’t be done.

I belief what has been done is to us the body suit and put a pair of ‘briefs’ over the top.

I really love this suit.

Image Attachments
Glam-Rock-1sm.jpg
SS-Guardsm.jpg

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  909
Joined  2012-02-03

You can use the briefs that come with Studio. Rand said that he’ll be releasing the presets he did for the Marvel & DC characters sometime next week, so that might be a big help. Note that there are things that the Supersuit can’t do (or at least, not do well); that’s why there are sets for belts, gloves, and capes coming soon.

9 of 12