What exactly is this new worldbase item? I don't see any information about it in the forums

Comments

• Magix 101Magix 101 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just tested this many ways. I get it with Uber Evo and for me it is only in the XtrRings that I get it.

Hi Jaderail.
    So do you get it with the Standard Daz Lights at all?...or only the Uber?
    I have a feeling its to do with trans fall off and something in certain Daz Lights.

• zyxadtzyxadt Posts: 6
    edited September 2012

Poser on Mac
    I got those lines in my quick first render because I was using the Poser default lights (anxious to see the render time)---when I used lights that Magix supplied with this fine environment---just like magix---no lines at all...

I 've had this problem in poser happen with all sorts of mesh objects-figures, clothing, props, ---most of the time it was due to lighting (usually AO set in the textures) and particular render settings...

There is nothing wrong with the mesh or textures, we'll just have to learn what works...
    If one wants to use other lighting (although WorldBase-XT and it's add ons include great lights by Magix and an incredibly large selection of lights) I'd check to see if some textures have AO and adjust any lights that might also have AO settings accordingly...

Used Magix WorldBase-XT "1Def-3" light set.
    I upped the intensity individually on some of the lights and messed with the shadow settings a bit (just to personal taste) for a brighter scene---For the sky texture, I also took the ambient color all the way to pure white (in the advanced setting in poser material room)...

I have magix's previous environment sets also and this is an impressive upgrade to products that were great.

Very highly recommended!!!!

Post edited by zyxadt on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

For me, it's just Uber Enviro lights. I have two set's that use it and the Uber dafault that comes with 3 and 4.5. I get the same effect for all of those lights. My DS3 and DS4.5 do the same so I'll say this...
    Render (0) Standard DS lighting.
    Render (1) DS3 and DS4.5 Standard Uber Enviro light with Park.
    Render (2) Lantios Lights 2 all lights.
    Render (3) Cloud Nine for Daz all lights.
    As you can see, all Uber cause it to some extent. I do notice difference's but I have not checked the settings in the Different sets as yet.

Uber-3.png
    339 x 345 - 80K
    Uber-2.png
    323 x 333 - 80K
    Uber-1.png
    300 x 303 - 72K
    Uber-0.png
    362 x 324 - 49K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • pete.c44pete.c44 Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Here you go. It's called "Waiting for Halloween". I used the new Core Lights by Lantios which rendered pretty rapidly.

Waiting_For_Halloween.jpg
    1000 x 948 - 591K
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 801
    edited September 2012

I think those lines happen as UberEnvironment treats some of the vertice connections as 'corners' and due to that like within a room corner ambient occlusion kicks in on some ring/dome like surfaces, so showing some vertice grid lines.

What I can see so far as for solutions:
    1) Lowering the shading rate of UE, though I still see lines at e.g. 0.1 shading rate, but less prominent. Downside is certainly that it is not a 100% solution it seems and rendering takes ages with a shading rate that low.
    2) Subdividing some meshes as this smoothes the "corners" - I applied sub-d to Hills, Rings, and Skies
    3) Using a surface shader to disable occlusion on all background surfaces - I am using pwSurface2 or UberSurface2 for that, but the standard UberSurface coming with DAZ Studio should work as well (if I recall correctly it allows to disable occlusion).

Additionally, occasionally I am seeing faint, dark spots above some trees (!WorldBs-XT-1Def.daz scene taking the default "MAIN CAMERA" view with the default light set embedded in the DAZ file). I am not sure how these dots may disappear, as the default lights in that DAZ scene don't use ambient occlusion, so e.g. applying a special surface shader won't do. I think I may have a go and dabble with the trans maps there, but I am not sure yet what to look for. Edit: Note that the dark spots don't appear on all scenes, so it may be specific to a certain subset of trees.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,637
    edited December 1969

I thought Daz tested these things before product release. Surely they would anticipate that users would use other light sets? Did they not test this out themselves? A customer should not have to experience this. If there was any conflics with other light sets, then on the product page the customers should have been made aware of this and given a solution.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

Magix 101 said:
    Hi..
    Oh Yeah I do see it now, I was looking on the ground, but it is near the sky on the left.
    Hmm Poser does not do this, so I am wondering what has changed in DS, its almost as if the transparency
    does not hide the mesh.
    Anyway it definitely looks like a mesh grid, probably the mist rings or external outer hills,
    I did not enable displacement in this kit, but its vaguely possible that there could be some in DS...maybe.
    Magix-101

Thanks, for looking into that problem. I would really appreciate to find a way of using this set with the UberEnvironment.

edited December 1969

Just a farther heads up for DS users. I checked all the DS sets and none of them use Displacement in the default load settings.

With farther testing setting the Occlision Color for the UE light to WHITE clears the images up. But that pretty much makes AO, the reason to use UE, useless.

• chrixenachrixena Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same struggles with UberEnvironment that others mention here.

I'm also seeing the dots that Renpatsu mentioned. It looks like setting the opacity of TreeCluster1 makes them go away. I'm attaching images of !WorldBs-XT-1Def with and without TreeCluster1.

worldbase_dots2.png
    600 x 480 - 375K
    worldbase_dots.png
    600 x 480 - 382K
  • ZwytZwyt Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Magix 101 said:
    Jaderail said:
    I just tested this many ways. I get it with Uber Evo and for me it is only in the XtrRings that I get it.

Hi Jaderail.
    So do you get it with the Standard Daz Lights at all?...or only the Uber?
    I have a feeling its to do with trans fall off and something in certain Daz Lights.

I am not Jaderail but... I have gotten it under the default lights that come with the Worldbase... those look to be the standard Daz lights but only when I turned them (mostly just the main light) up to get a good simulation of daylight. Then for me increasing shadow softness to as little as 1% got rid of the lines for me. I have only tested this on the Snowlands thus far though.

Charles

• zyxadtzyxadt Posts: 6
    edited September 2012

Zev0 said:
    I thought Daz tested these things before product release. Surely they would anticipate that users would use other light sets? Did they not test this out themselves? A customer should not have to experience this. If there was any conflics with other light sets, then on the product page the customers should have been made aware of this and given a solution.

There are only "potential problems" with some other "light sets", which can include your own custom light configurations, and that will usually be with the AO setting on one of the lights, this can happen to any product, it's usually an AO setting in the textures, in Poser that can be compounded by render settings also----One would have to test for every imaginable light and rendering situation...

Regardless of comparatively easy UI, DazStudio and Poser are complex applications making mind-bogling calculations--- and there's a lot to learn about working with them, maybe someday the Daz and Poser community will have a wonderfully organized wiki where we can more easily access solutions.

But for now, Absolutely All products offered by anyone for Poser and Daz would be easier to use if the "read me" included more information for the users, especially about lighting and render settings across the board. However, it's understandable that any content creator is focused on being creative and the demands of craftsmanship, knowledge and experimentation with the complexities of making products and can't guess at what all users know or don't know about using the applications.

Post edited by zyxadt on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 772
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I don't think you've thought through the scale of what you are suggesting. There are 248 light sets in the DAZ store (not counting non-light sets that happen to include lights), assume you test one lighting set-up from each and it takes 5 minutes to do a render with each (and that's optimistic), that means that just testing this set for interaction with lights would take 5*248/60=nearly 21 hours, or three man-days. And that's light sets alone, less than complete for those, and only those brokered at DAZ.

The rapidly escalating number of interactions mean it's not really practical for any of the vendors or artists to do anything like complete testing, so, just as in the rest of the testing industry, they'll scope things to the essentials - in this case does it load, does it render, are any options broken? Anything else is pushing the set beyond basics and not something I would expect them to test.

edited September 2012

I really like this set and plan to use it a lot in Daz Studio.
    When I have disabled WorldBase-XtrRings in the scene WorldBase-XT +1-Green+Mist1
    the grid patterns on the sky near horizon are gone.
    Now it is only remains to find out what is causing such grid lines in WorldBase-XtrRings,
    when Uber Environment is used in the scene
    By the way, I have used one of the included cameres: 12mm-UltraWide
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

GreenMist1sc05pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 463K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 2012

DWG said:
    Zev0 said:

I don't think you've thought through the scale of what you are suggesting. There are 248 light sets in the DAZ store (not counting non-light sets that happen to include lights), assume you test one lighting set-up from each and it takes 5 minutes to do a render with each (and that's optimistic), that means that just testing this set for interaction with lights would take 5*248/60=nearly 21 hours, or three man-days. And that's light sets alone, less than complete for those, and only those brokered at DAZ.

The rapidly escalating number of interactions mean it's not really practical for any of the vendors or artists to do anything like complete testing, so, just as in the rest of the testing industry, they'll scope things to the essentials - in this case does it load, does it render, are any options broken? Anything else is pushing the set beyond basics and not something I would expect them to test.

Agreed, but most users are getting this just by using uberenvironment. I agree that not all light sets can be tested, specially custom made ones, but that one is pretty standard and commenly used.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2012

Just asked my buddy to do some testing and the problem lies with Worldbase-xtrRings. Go to the surface tab for the Worldbase-extrRings. In there are two material groups. Select Horizon-out-in and set the opacity strength to around 50%. That eliminates the grid lines when using uberenvironment. By turning it off you are loosing that nice effect.

test.jpg
    901 x 874 - 300K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2012

I have found the other solution - just subdivided WorldBase-XtrRings in the scene WorldBase-XT +1-Green+Mist1
    and that eliminated completely the grid on the sky even when using Uber Environment.
    On the render below Shadow Softness was increased to 4%.

GreenMist1sc05pic08.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 461K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Hi.
    Thanks to all those that have posted on this, in a perfect world its true that we would have knowledge of what works with what and what doesn't.
    Unfortunately as there is DS and Poser and a different development path for each, and each app has a host of different add ons and 3rd party developers making add ons and content for both apps,
    This scenario becomes something of a problem for developers trying to make products that are compatible with other add ons in both Poser and DS.
    Generally speaking its next to impossible to test all the problems that could arise with these add-ons in both apps, if you did you would spend about 1/10th of your time developing and 9/10ths testing, and that is the problem with these apps expanding in this way.

So I opted for testing with the default lights etc... that come with these apps ...basically for my own sanity LOL!!
    On top of this both Poser and DS were originally designed to be figure/character apps mainly and not for large environments generally.
    Now both apps have some quirks with large environments, but TBH Poser is a little less troublesome in this regard these days.
    DS still has a few quirks (which I wont go into here) but I managed to find my way around them, and its default lights are not nearly as versatile as Posers,I just wish they were because this would help a lot for future Worldbase development.

I have been checking for quite a while using the Daz lights in different configurations and I cant reproduce this problem yet.
    I also located the Uber environment lights ...but they seem to have very little shadow parameter control even with the show hidden properties enabled (this cant be right)
    I selected Uber Environment Base.DSA...but there is no shadow intensity/color just an option to select Raytraced or shadowmap etc.
    So its difficult for me to test it (I am using DS 4)

But I am thinking that there is something in UberEnvironment Lights that does not calculate distance and shadows properly (in a large world sense).
    Because the problem is appearing on the outer mist and these use trans maps, I am reasonably sure that those lights are not calculating the transmap falloff properly at the distance, I suspect that these lights were made for quite small environments, I could be wrong but thats what I think.
    Remembering that you could literally fit 100's of Streets of Asia probably even more into the WorldBase XT, an example is the new city I am building..its very large...and you could probably fit at least 20 to 30 of those in Worldbase-XT.
    The point being I am pushing the envelope with the Worldbase-XT because as architecture becomes more sophisticated and these Poser and DS become more powerful also...there will be a need for much larger environments and I am addressing that now.
    So hopefully something will work out, I do appreciate all the feedback and let's see what we can come up with.
    Cheers

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    I have found the other solution - just subdivided WorldBase-XtrRings in the scene WorldBase-XT +1-Green+Mist1and that eliminated completely the grid on the sky even when using Uber Environment.
    On the render below Shadow Softness was increased to 4%.

Nice work Artini!!
    Cheers

edited December 1969

Thanks, Magix 101. As I remember from the another thread about how to get shadows when using Uber Environment,
    one need to add a regular light (for example distant) and in that light parameters set Shadow Softness to the desired value.
    Since now I know how to avoid these grid lines on the sky, I will try different light sets as well.

edited December 1969

I thank you for Your work and just because I need to use some lights and not others without extra steps does not make your set any less useful for me. I'm very happy with it and I'm looking forward to any and all add on's. This was and still is my favorite buy so far in the environment category Magix 101. More please.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

hi guys..the artefacts people are getting on the skydomes can be removed by raising the bias dial in UberEnvironments paramaters.

-Stefan

edited December 1969

hi guys..the artefacts people are getting on the skydomes can be removed by raising the bias dial in UberEnvironments paramaters.

-Stefan

Tested and confrmed. Any Shadow Bias above .6 will fix it. Easy fix and renders fast.

edited December 1969

Hey Thanks for the feedback on this guys
    Thanks Artini, Jaderail and Stonemason for the helpful solutions.
    BTW Stonemason...love your stuff....great work.
    I am also from New Zealand too originally, I have played in Christchurch a few times, quite some time ago in rock bands.
    I am from Auckland...played all over NZ, still prefer it to Oz in many ways.
    Cheers

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,234
    edited September 2012

Another Uberenvironment / Mesh grid showing thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7390/

Post edited by Kerya on
  • wizzsterwizzster Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I bought this. It does not work right in Poser Pro 2012. There is no sky ! I wouid love to get this to work.

I submitted a ticket: Ticket #111078: 14880_NewWorldBaseCorePs_1.1_dpc.exe - PC - NO SKIES

but haven't heard back.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 121
    edited September 2012

wizzster said:
    I bought this. It does not work right in Poser Pro 2012. There is no sky ! I wouid love to get this to work.

I submitted a ticket: Ticket #111078: 14880_NewWorldBaseCorePs_1.1_dpc.exe - PC - NO SKIES

but haven't heard back.

Having no problem with it in Poser Pro 2012. When using the main/standard poser camera the sky is not visible in the preview screen, but should be visible in the render. If you want to see the sky in the preview then load one of the camera's that are part of the package.

Also turn of the ground guide so you can see the ground

(on the left side a standard camera (face cam) on the right the main camera with 35mm Worldbase-Xt cam loaded +ground plane guide still on)

Naamloos.jpg
    1394 x 590 - 187K
    Post edited by jerham on
  • wizzsterwizzster Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:cheese:

Thanks !!!!

This products needs some docs !!

Thanks again !!

wizzster

• naqlnaql Posts: 13
    edited September 2012

Any suggestions on reducing the very noticeable texture tiling of the WorldBase-XtrCntr? Assume that you're explaining to a small child. It looks very checkerboard-y.

My problem is with Ground-PlaneSHI that uses the texture Grass-3GS.jpg as the texture. I can mess around with it and get it to look like it does in the cow picture below, which looks very artificial, more like water than grass. Or, I can see the grass texture using the default settings of horiz and vert tiles set to -80 (as it loads using the presets), but then it look like a checker board. The area I am having a problem with is the middle ground between the foreground patches and the background fog(?) layer. Here is an image:

test.jpg
    1024 x 1325 - 206K
    Post edited by naql on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 1,877
    edited September 2012

Field of Cows
    click for full size full
    Rendered in Poser2012 pro.
    This is a fantastic world base set. that loaded great with no issues and rendered fantastic. in poser
    this render took 43 seconds using IDL light set with raytrace. I added the cows to give some depth to the render.
    A great world environment set for poser. :)

field_of_cows.jpg
    1594 x 896 - 245K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • chrixenachrixena Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ivy, it looks like you're getting the dark spots above the treeline that Renpatsu mentioned.

Has anyone found a way to remove them other than hiding the trees?