Is it possible to get Daz Studio 2.3 anywhere?

TVTV Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need Daz Studio 2.3 for Windows since I have an old plugin that doesn't work with later versions. Does anybody know if it's possible to get it anywhwere?

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,318
    edited December 1969

You would need to contact Support, Sales department, and ask them. They are usually quite helpfull.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 28
    edited September 2012

Tim , Forget it !!
    get it out of your mind ..
    ...it wont happen
    I tried in the past to get an older version (2.3.3)
    All Support did was throw ad copy at me about how great DS4 was
    perhaps things have changed on this matter but I doubt it

... move on

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,891
    edited December 1969

Asking doesn't hurt. It may also be worth checking magazine cover discs, if you have a collection, as I think DS2 made at least a couple of appearances on those (though whether the right sub-version or not is another matter).

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 988
    edited December 1969

You could also purchase this book which includes DS2.3 along with a boat load of great content as well!

-MJ

• ThinMickThinMick Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's on C|Net: http://download.cnet.com/DAZ-Studio/3000-6677_4-10996454.html

I know nothing about whether it wants a serial, or anything else, because I haven't used it since... well, since it was the new hot thing. But, there's the actual 2.3 installer.

edited September 2012

Did you actually test that DL link on Cnet??

Cheers

:shut:

Picture_1.jpg
    755 x 363 - 61K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    You could also purchase this book which includes DS2.3 along with a boat load of great content as well!

-MJ

Beat me to it! :) Yes, this is the only way I know of to guarantee a copy, or like Richard recommended you can possibly still find it on back issues of 3dWorld or something.

• ThinMickThinMick Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wolf359 said:
    Did you actually test that DL link on Cnet??

Cheers

:shut:

... ... Wow. That's a whole new kind of broken. *facepalm* Sorry about that.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's working for me. Maybe it's the browser you're using,

Coldrake

dz2.3_.jpg
    854 x 873 - 513K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 540
    edited September 2012

Page works for me. But it gives you 4.5.0.114. Just tested it. (Mine is 2.1.1.13 no content, so why not).

Thought I'd save you a much longer download than 2.x. The bit above the button gives a thin hint "A newer version of Daz Studio is available."

I think you're back to the book idea. :-S

A lot of people say the book is a great deal, on the other hand, you've been here since 2003, and might have most of the stuff, on the other other hand, it's cheap.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

"Page works for me. But it gives you 4.5.0.114. "

Yep even back when I was able to get a working CNET link I was always re directed to the latest Daz studio version
    Eventually I found my Old 2.3 OSX installer in archive so im good at 2.3.5 with Animate+

Animate+ & the poser format exporter is the only reason I keep DS installed anyway as I use Maxon Cinema4D with Vray + the interposer pro plugin to render my poser content/animation work in C4D.

Cheers

edited December 1969

Can anyone confirm that DS 2.3.3.146 works on Windows7?

-MJ

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,189
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

It works for me, but I get that weird problem with transparencies that you discovered. I thinks that's due to changes in OpenGL rather than Win7, however.

edited April 2

MJ007 said:

-MJ

It works for me, but I get that weird problem with transparencies that you discovered. I thinks that's due to changes in OpenGL rather than Win7, however.

I learned that the issues with transparencies are only with whats visable in the Viewport, when it renders, it actually renders perfectly fine.

But thanks for the confirmation. I need to upgrade from WinXP to Win7, but im not ready to upgrade DS versions at this time.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on