How can I convert Carrara files into poser or daz files?

ayane2ayane2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, everyone?

Do you know how can i convert carrara files to poser or daz files?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,901
    edited December 1969

I don't think you can, as such, since Carrara offers more options for rigging than Poser or DS did and wouldn't write the latest Poser format files for its weight-mapping. 8.5 might write to .duf in a form that could be used in DS4.5, though I don't know how many features would be supported.

• JaguarEllaJaguarElla Posts: 10,642
    edited December 1969

scenes with replicators would need real instances
    trees full mesh in the model room option
    proceedural shaders do not transfer over
    that said a lot of the browser models export quite well
    with terrains a top render in Carrara to use as the diffuse map works quite well
    export from Carrara as obj your best option, tends to work better imported into Poser and saved as a Poser prop for Daz studio.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited December 1969

Export an OBJ file. I don't know why everyone else is saying otherwise, but a couple of semesters back when I had to take a course in Poser (for the Game Development program I'm pursuing), in one class we had to export a furniture scene from Carrara into Poser. I don't recall the exact details of the step-by-step process, but we had no problem doing so.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 3,479
    edited December 1969

I have a tutorial that covers converting files for use in DS and Poser and it has a section on Carrara - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=177565

• ayane2ayane2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you all!! :) I used this awesome link and converted my files!! Thank you!