Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

145791013

Comments

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

    Aw YEAAAAH!!!!
    Can't wait for this one!

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    WOW... watch options look awesome. Now is there a morph to make the band and main watch smaller to look right on the ladies? If there is a Rolex for the gals in real life I can't imagine it being the same in size as the one for men. Just wondering... :-)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    WOW... watch options look awesome. Now is there a morph to make the band and main watch smaller to look right on the ladies? If there is a Rolex for the gals in real life I can't imagine it being the same in size as the one for men. Just wondering... :-)

    There's not a morph as such for that - none of the suit items have female specific morphs aside from FBMs - the items just work for both. After reading your post, I did a bit of quick shrinkage on the x axis and I think it looks more like a female watch, although I personally prefer to wear a large man-sized watch.

    Also, here are the rings and included options...

    rings.png
    700 x 910 - 725K
    ladywatch.jpg
    187 x 475 - 16K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    Ah, that will do.... looks very nice! :-)

  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,768
    edited December 1969

    This set just keeps on getting better every time I stop in to look! :)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    zigraphix said:
    This set just keeps on getting better every time I stop in to look! :)

    Thanks Ziggy! I hope you like my latest efforts.

    I'm working on the first texture expansion and, as I flagged earlier in this thread, I'm trying to take it in two very different directions. The first is very casual and the second will be very posh.

    Here's a flannel shirt and some old leather. I'm basically happy with it. The second is old denim. Ignore the knitted vest. It was an unsuccessful experiment. But I have done something I think is pretty cunning by putting the stitching on a normal map, which, because it doesn't tile, allows me to use it over an incredibly high resolution tiled base layer.

    Do check out the bigger version for detail...

    old_denim.jpg
    700 x 910 - 270K
    old_Leather_3.jpg
    700 x 910 - 281K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 2,902
    edited December 1969

    Stop. Just ... stop!!!! If I want this set any more I am going to burst something I'd really rather not ...! ;)

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    WOW and WOW! :coolgrin:

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,738
    edited December 1969

    Oh! Quick question: Rigidity maps. I, um, have had some bad luck just recently with (older) clothes that have buttons on them, and they did not have right sort of rigidity maps applied to the buttons. I trust that these will have the buttony bits properly stiff? (At least they seem to be so in those latest pics, but I guess it won't hurt to ask.)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    Oh! Quick question: Rigidity maps. I, um, have had some bad luck just recently with (older) clothes that have buttons on them, and they did not have right sort of rigidity maps applied to the buttons. I trust that these will have the buttony bits properly stiff? (At least they seem to be so in those latest pics, but I guess it won't hurt to ask.)

    You'll have to wait for the morph master to answer that one. But I've no issues at all with buttons bending...the buttons do move about when the jacket is morphed, but there are lots of button morphs to correct that. But bending...not, not at all.

    I'm pleased you are liking these Richard. I'm amazed at how different it can look with these textures, and I think they will mix and match together pretty well for a casual look. I'm trying to do corduroy at the moment, but because it's stripey there may be too much obvious distortion when morphs are applied.

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,738
    edited December 1969

    Marieah said:
    You'll have to wait for the morph master to answer that one. But I've no issues at all with buttons bending...the buttons do move about when the jacket is morphed, but there are lots of button morphs to correct that. But bending...not, not at all.

    Yay!

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    The total versatility of taking from high end business suit, to formal wear to hippy wear is just fabulous! You both are going to make some good money on this one. Make sure and include as many promos as allowed to show off just how versatile this suit is so folks really get the message! ;-)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    The total versatility of taking from high end business suit, to formal wear to hippy wear is just fabulous! You both are going to make some good money on this one. Make sure and include as many promos as allowed to show off just how versatile this suit is so folks really get the message! ;-)

    Yes, that's exactly the idea. All the "business" type textures one would want are included in the product which, along with the original pinstripes which I'll pack up as release freebie, that side of it taken care of.

    I really love the casual look on it. Yes, lots of promos and I'm using bigger ones too, as you can see from Gemologica.

    The second texture expansion will take it in the other direction - velvet, satin and gorgeous embroidered silk waistcoats that will co-ordinate with all the other textures.I have a WIP on that which almost looks like a smoking jacket...I was going to just do one texture set, but the two ideas don't sit comfortably together in the same product.

    Here's my early satin and velvet WIP. It's using ds default surfaces but I could probably do better with HSS. I'm just in two minds about using it because people get very confused at the preview looking different to the rendered version, and it doesn't play well with ds default shaders it you're swapping from one to the other.

    Excuse the non-matching buttons and the odd bow tie. I had no morphs for it at the time.

    Image_8.jpg
    605 x 635 - 38K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    Looks very .... LOUD! lmao. Yea, the velvet needs some more softness to it. I do remember a nice velvet shader in your Fabricator pack that might give you a nice base.... can't remember off hand if it was in the main Fabricator pack or one of the other packs that followed. Old brain fart and too much on my mind today already! lol

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Looks very .... LOUD! lmao. Yea, the velvet needs some more softness to it. I do remember a nice velvet shader in your Fabricator pack that might give you a nice base.... can't remember off hand if it was in the main Fabricator pack or one of the other packs that followed. Old brain fart and too much on my mind today already! lol

    That's basically the one I used, HSS might be the way to go. It has a velvet setting that gives a soft fuzzy look and two different spec colors can add real depth. If I use it for the whole set, it should be okay.

    I was trying for a nice conservative burgundy here, but I don't think I quite hit it.lol. But I would probably do it in a burgundy...

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    Burgundy looks just fine, it's the pink silk under it that's a bit .... loud! lol Perhaps offset it with a dulled green silk, might be a nice combo with a matching green silk pocket hanky.

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Burgundy looks just fine, it's the pink silk under it that's a bit .... loud! lol Perhaps offset it with a dulled green silk, might be a nice combo with a matching green silk pocket hanky.

    Now that's nice idea! I'll give it a try when the time comes.

    Meanwhile, here's my shot at a green corduroy and another flannel shirt.

    The actual pic is much bigger, so do check it out.

    corduroy.jpg
    700 x 910 - 191K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    Looks very nice! YUMMY! :-)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    Here's another look, along the general casual lines of this set.

    This bloke is what we would call a "Cocky" here in Australia. He probably lives on the land, on a cattle station, polishes off a slab (24 cans) of Fosters on the weekend and always calls women "sheilas."

    Shay has kindly provided a morph to push the shirt sleeves up that will come with with the set.

    cocky1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 171K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    And here's yet another casual look. I've done several of these worn tartan jackets with leather trim, as well as a black leather set.

    tartan2.png
    700 x 910 - 1M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,301
    edited December 1969

    Both looks are awesome. Sorry, had to leave the house for a little while, just too damned hot today and the computer was heating things up worse .... finally cooling down a bit...

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Both looks are awesome. Sorry, had to leave the house for a little while, just too damned hot today and the computer was heating things up worse .... finally cooling down a bit...

    You and your blast furnace of a computer *chuckle* I am going to need to send some Missouri winter down your way when the cold winds begin to blow. *chuckle*

    Great work on the suit.

    I hope the shoulders do get a smidgen more work to increase the crease, as it were. I like sharpish shoulders on my suits. Hell, maybe a zoot suit morph? *chuckle*

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:

    Great work on the suit.

    I hope the shoulders do get a smidgen more work to increase the crease, as it were. I like sharpish shoulders on my suits. Hell, maybe a zoot suit morph? *chuckle*

    I've been saying since the second page of this thread that this is a morphing suit, and there are morphs to widen and crisp the shoulders as much as technically possible within the limitations imposed by collision and smoothing. No further work is needed or indeed possible since the suit is now through Daz QA. There are images of the wide shoulders as well, and for everyone that wants them, there is somebody who complains about them.

    But people can choose whether to have them or not. You dial them them in. Turn off smoothing, and they become crisper.

    If you are commenting on the latest images, I am making a casual, deconstructed set here and the very last thing I'd be doing is try and give the suit sharp shoulders so these morphs are not activated in these images and won't be in the promo images either. On the contrary, I'm actually using other morphs to try to soften the shoulders as much as possible.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Um... deep breath, okay? Not complaining. Wonderful work.

    I had seen the pics and was hoping for a smidgen more but that is cool. I am not inept and can make my own morphs in ZBrush if I feel so inclined.

    I think the overall work is INCREDIBLE and I commend you for it. I had one little hope for something but it is no big, okay?

    :)

    Chill, Maynard. We good! I buy!

    It's almost exactly what I have been asking for previously in other threads and you pretty much nailed it.

    Thank you for all your hard work. :)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Um... deep breath, okay? Not complaining. Wonderful work.

    I had seen the pics and was hoping for a smidgen more but that is cool. I am not inept and can make my own morphs in ZBrush if I feel so inclined.

    I think the overall work is INCREDIBLE and I commend you for it. I had one little hope for something but it is no big, okay?

    :)

    Chill, Maynard. We good! I buy!

    It's almost exactly what I have been asking for previously in other threads and you pretty much nailed it.

    Thank you for all your hard work. :)

    I'm very happy you like the suit.

    I'm trying to say that your morphs probably won't work the way you want them to, however they look in ZBrush because collision and smoothing are the mortal enemies of crisp. These are as crisp as an expert can possibly make them. Some things are just not possible, as Sickleyield explained earlier in the thread. I think if you do actually try to make the morphs yourself, and then apply them you'll understand what I mean.

    -----------------------------

    To change the subject, Richard, I want your opinion on something. I was mucking around with the shirt today, trying to do something different with it, and I really don't know whether this mesh thingy is worth bothering with. I'm pretty sure it looks either cool or terrible, but I can't decide which.

    mesh2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 288K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,738
    edited December 1969

    I think it looks pretty hipster. Which means it has to look terrible in order to be authentic. Market it as such. ;)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    I think it looks pretty hipster. Which means it has to look terrible in order to be authentic. Market it as such. ;)

    I'm still in two minds about it.

    Here's a promo I just did. I made a nice embroidered hippy vest from one of the Totally Bazaar Afghani fabrics and also added a fur collar that can be clicked on to any of the textures. This shows how well the pieces mix and match together.

    Do look at the bigger image to see the detail on the vest and the fur.

    V5.jpg
    700 x 910 - 288K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 1,461
    edited August 2012

    Marieah said:
    To change the subject, Richard, I want your opinion on something. I was mucking around with the shirt today, trying to do something different with it, and I really don't know whether this mesh thingy is worth bothering with. I'm pretty sure it looks either cool or terrible, but I can't decide which.


    I realize that I'm not Richard, but since this was public ... can I vote for terrible? I mean, I love me a mesh shirt on the right person (even if it does give me 80s punk flashbacks) but that kind of ... doesn't work. I think it's partly the combination of the mesh and the plaid; the patterns clash. With a solid jacket, or even a corduroy sort of look it would work. Sort of. I think.

    The embroidered hippy vest look, however, is just straight up awesome.

    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    vwrangler said:
    Marieah said:
    To change the subject, Richard, I want your opinion on something. I was mucking around with the shirt today, trying to do something different with it, and I really don't know whether this mesh thingy is worth bothering with. I'm pretty sure it looks either cool or terrible, but I can't decide which.


    I realize that I'm not Richard, but since this was public ... can I vote for terrible? I mean, I love me a mesh shirt on the right person (even if it does give me 80s punk flashbacks) but that kind of ... doesn't work. I think it's partly the combination of the mesh and the plaid; the patterns clash. With a solid jacket, or even a corduroy sort of look it would work. Sort of. I think.

    The embroidered hippy vest look, however, is just straight up awesome.

    Thanks. I'm pleased you like it.

    My vote is for terrible as well, but one has to experiment if one doesn't want it to be boring. I love the three flannel shirts I'm including because they really take it in a different direction. I was thinking of having a fourth shirt but couldn't find anything different enough that worked. Eg, putting a knit on it and making it into a cardigan. That worked, was convincing, but was a bit boring and didn't work well with the other pieces that at least have a distinct style to them.

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

    And here's a toddler wearing the full denim set. I picked this color denim because it's very easy to color with your own diffuse.

    I think I'll add another hippy vest...

    chillvbub.jpg
    700 x 910 - 348K
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel