Stephanie 5 has ARRIVED!

1246

Comments

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

    Great. Below is a render of Stephanie 5 with the default texture, PH Crazy hair and Summer Casuals Fitted Sun Dress.
    Just one distant light. Rendered in Daz Studio 4 Pro.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

    SP5std02pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 483K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 972
    edited December 1969

    adamr001 said:
    Barubary said:
    And are the genitals included in the stephanie pro bundle any different from the ones in the v5 bundle?
    They've added a new UV set but given that the file ID number is identical, resetting your V4 Pro edition probably gets you the new UV set too (though I haven't confirmed this)

    Thanks a lot for the reply. :)
    But to be perfectly honest, I was kinda hoping for someone from DAZ to confirm that they are indeed the same product. This seems to be a very confusing concept for DAZ, but I would actually like to know what I am buying before I buy it.
    And I would still like to know how long I have until I have to make a decision, since, unless I missed something, they still did not say for how this S5 sale will be going on.

    I have to say, it's now three days since the release of Stephanie 5 and DAZ still refuses to say what exactly is in the Pro Package, a product for which they intent to charge $125, nor for how long this sale will go on. I find this business practice shady and unprofessional and I will react to it by simply not buying it.
    I hope for DAZ that this is actually some weird sales tactic and that it's working on everyone else.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,814
    edited December 1969

    You will find that if you reset the V5 Pro bundle there is a file with exactly the same name as the file which is included in the Steph 5 bundle, so it does appear that they are the same.

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,196
    edited December 1969

    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,102
    edited August 2012

    I haven't gotten much of a chance to use S5 yet, but I must ask, how well does she teen? Since S4 pretty much became the teen female stand-in, I figure she will play that part this time around as well. I wounder how well she looks with the Child Morph.

    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • CzexanaCzexana Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

    Steph 5 adds a really nice, more naturalistic shape to the Genesis genepool.

    Here in this image I based the three nymphs (with otherwise identical morping) on curvy (left), model (right) and their plain sister in the middle :smirk:

    three_nymphs.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 365K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 2,951
    edited December 1969

    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

    And the new 'bits' are different inasmuch as they now have a single MAT zone, instead of the two the old version had.

  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 568
    edited December 1969


    Nice work!! I've never managed to get DAZ figures into Max and get good results (joint deformations, texture breaks), so any pointer on how you got this result would be appreciated greatly. FBX?

    I really like how she's shaping up, looking like a real person.

    Edit. I see you're having the same problems with how much bump you're using.

    Thanks for the comment - yes... Little too much bump.
    But I put together a cheat sheet for how I did it. In the Art Studio Forum I've started a DAZ-3ds Max thread to combine as much as possible about 3ds max. The cheat sheet is at the end of the thread. Hope it helps. And again thanks
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4128/

  • JaguarEllaJaguarElla Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    her face looks kinda glum to me

    Untitled.jpg
    1555 x 961 - 185K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,000
    edited December 1969

    SimonJM said:
    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

    And the new 'bits' are different inasmuch as they now have a single MAT zone, instead of the two the old version had.


    I noticed that too when I was checking out the file structure to see if they were different. I don't understand why they got rid of the second mat zone. Now, instead of getting a pinkish area like there should be, you get the outer skin colour from the hip on the insides, which just looks wrong, particularly with some darker/tanned skin sets.

  • bjavorbjavor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I love how the promo images of her look. Low the lighting, the way her skin looks and the blue background setup as well. Unfortunately I haven't managed to replicate it :( Especially the look of the skin on those images...

    If someone knows how to replicate it and could give me some pointers, I'd be most grateful!

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 2,951
    edited December 1969

    cwichura said:
    SimonJM said:
    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

    And the new 'bits' are different inasmuch as they now have a single MAT zone, instead of the two the old version had.


    I noticed that too when I was checking out the file structure to see if they were different. I don't understand why they got rid of the second mat zone. Now, instead of getting a pinkish area like there should be, you get the outer skin colour from the hip on the insides, which just looks wrong, particularly with some darker/tanned skin sets.

    That was my immediate thought ... I started using the GOM Orc MATs to evolve a dark elf and ... well I stopped ;)

  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

    SimonJM said:
    cwichura said:
    SimonJM said:
    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

    And the new 'bits' are different inasmuch as they now have a single MAT zone, instead of the two the old version had.


    I noticed that too when I was checking out the file structure to see if they were different. I don't understand why they got rid of the second mat zone. Now, instead of getting a pinkish area like there should be, you get the outer skin colour from the hip on the insides, which just looks wrong, particularly with some darker/tanned skin sets.

    That was my immediate thought ... I started using the GOM Orc MATs to evolve a dark elf and ... well I stopped ;)

    Whoa. That's not good. Why have they done this?

    Well, the mesh is the same (at least morphs for the old gens still work on the new). Reckon I'll fish out the UV files from the previous version to replace the new ones, and then see about hacking the S5 gens UV to put the other material zone in it.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,112
    edited December 1969

    ...getting back to boobs, buns and hips, they need to introduce the partial morphs, additional body shapes, and the NPMs to Steph5 to make her as versatile as her Gen4 counterpart.

    For now the only advantage Genesis offers is improved joint bending (which is also available for the Gen4 figures though various add on joint and musculature fixes) and the ability to mix her with the other basic Genesis shapes.

  • LaticisLaticis Posts: 355
    edited December 1969

    I really like Stephanie 5, I think she is a perfect addition to the Gen5 Girls.

    The-Divarian-Princess_Small.jpg
    600 x 849 - 302K
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:

    For now the only advantage Genesis offers is improved joint bending (which is also available for the Gen4 figures though various add on joint and musculature fixes) and the ability to mix her with the other basic Genesis shapes.

    Well. for a couple more things -

    Genesis's improved joint bending also applies to Genesis's clothes; using the any of the Perfect V4 or Ironman etc added JCM packs on V4 is all well and good (especially if you only do reneders of nudes), but the bending of the clothes V4 is wearing is not improved by the added V4 JCMs (and in most cases trying to transfer V4 specific JCMs to clothing with Morphing Clothes or the like is not going to help, and indeed is likely to make things worth). It's not only that Genesis bends better than V4 or M4; Genesis's clothes bend better than theirs too.

    And then there's the way parts of Genesis can be scaled. I'm just in the throws of creating a character with Genesis with the physique based on that of a certain real (female) person. Am still trying to choose whether to base on the V4, V5, V5SM, S5 or S5M shapes, but for all of them the shoulders aren't broad enough for the physique I'm trying to recreate. With Genesis there's a simple proportion dial to increase the shoulder width that just xscales chest and collars, and the figure works fine. Try applying the same xscaling to V4's body parts and all the joints in her arms break ... very nasty. So the ability with Genesis to trivially move or scale some of the actual joint centres without then having to re-rig all the child bones makes Genesis more versatile in terms of the range of proportions of characters it can be used for.

  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 972
    edited August 2012

    chohole said:
    You will find that if you reset the V5 Pro bundle there is a file with exactly the same name as the file which is included in the Steph 5 bundle, so it does appear that they are the same.

    Thanks to you and fixmypcmike, I really do appreciate it. DAZ owe a lot to helpful and diplomatic people on this forum like you, more, I'd wager, than they realize.

    Of course, due to DAZ's own continued silence about this (among other reasons, to be fair) I've already decided against the S5 Pro Package.

    But really, it's not about just me. I've enough experience with DAZ to not be surprised by their shenanigans. But for those who have not, I would assume it does make a difference whether they get information they need from the product page of an item (in this particular case a bit of a problem, I admit), whether they have to go to a forum to find an announcement from DAZ or whether they have to search through the threads to find the result of the detective work of other users on page seven.

    How are you going to built trust towards a company that operates like this?

    And they still, to my knowledge, have not managed to communicate the end date of the S5 sale. I, and maybe even some others, would have liked to know if the sale extended to September, so I could use my PC couponon S5. Now since DAZ has remained silent and Renderosity has launched a Rhiannon Birthday Sale it was much easier for me to decide what to do with the rest of my budget, but I am not sure if this was actually the effect DAZ was going for.

    Post edited by Barubary on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,637
    edited August 2012

    I love the body shape, but not really a fan of the face. Here is S5 with her head set S5 to zero and a bit of Scarlet dialled in with a pinch of Ghislaine teen.

    S52.jpg
    800 x 500 - 129K
    S5.jpg
    600 x 1048 - 166K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

    Like with the V5 and V4 body morphs, if you just dial up the S5 body, you get the S5 head, even though the S5 head shape dial is at zero. If you don't want the S5 head on the S5 body, dial the S5 head dial to -1. You'll then have the S5 body with the default Genesis head. You cna then dial up the V5 head, or the V4 head or whatever to go with the S5 body.

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,637
    edited August 2012

    Sorry. By zero I mean't -1 as in zero affect on the head. They are all 0 by default.

    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

    DavidGB said:
    SimonJM said:
    cwichura said:
    SimonJM said:
    People have reset the V5 pro bundle and the Female Genitals are the same, with the new S5 mapping added.

    And the new 'bits' are different inasmuch as they now have a single MAT zone, instead of the two the old version had.


    I noticed that too when I was checking out the file structure to see if they were different. I don't understand why they got rid of the second mat zone. Now, instead of getting a pinkish area like there should be, you get the outer skin colour from the hip on the insides, which just looks wrong, particularly with some darker/tanned skin sets.

    That was my immediate thought ... I started using the GOM Orc MATs to evolve a dark elf and ... well I stopped ;)

    Whoa. That's not good. Why have they done this?

    Well, the mesh is the same (at least morphs for the old gens still work on the new). Reckon I'll fish out the UV files from the previous version to replace the new ones, and then see about hacking the S5 gens UV to put the other material zone in it.

    Well, I've put the old V5 Genetalia data files back in the data folder, along with the new S5 UV data file, and everything appears to work fine - the skinhip material of the genetalia takes the S5 mapped material, but the SkinGenetalia surface is still there too now. If you set the skinGenetalia UV set to S5 it takes the tiny appropriate part from the S5 body map for the same total effect as the 'new', no-skingenetalia version; but yopu can set the skingenetalia UV set to 'genital detail' and use the FemaleGenitalTexture.jpg jsut like formerly with V5 and V4.

    So that has it working with S5 the same as it did work with V4 and V5 before. And if there is actually some problem I haven't noticed yet, I've always got the new version to reinstall as necessary.

    So if you want the female gens to work as it did before for V4 and V5 and also for S5 but with skingenitalia surface, just get the old 13597_Victoria5Genitalia_1.3_trx.exe installer and put the data files for that back in your library (don't uninstall the new 13497_GenesisFemaleGenitalia_1.4_trx.exe or you'll lose the S5UVs. We'll just need to make sure we keep a copy of the Victoria5Genetalia installer or of ots versions of the female gens data files for future use after any other updates.

  • EricBostonEricBoston Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

    Hello,

    I was not happy using the Breast Small morph with V5 (left figure). I suppose I could use some other morphs to lessen the hard implant look. I am more pleased with the default S5 (middle figure) and the Breast Small morph works better on S5 (right figure).

    One thing that seems to be missing on Genesis is a waist size morph like on V4. I can use the full body morphs to add some weight. Again I may be able to figure out some combinations of morphs to have the same effect.

    Regards Eric

    S5Test.png
    800 x 600 - 464K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 16,112
    edited December 1969

    DavidGB said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

    For now the only advantage Genesis offers is improved joint bending (which is also available for the Gen4 figures though various add on joint and musculature fixes) and the ability to mix her with the other basic Genesis shapes.

    Well. for a couple more things -

    Genesis's improved joint bending also applies to Genesis's clothes; using the any of the Perfect V4 or Ironman etc added JCM packs on V4 is all well and good (especially if you only do reneders of nudes), but the bending of the clothes V4 is wearing is not improved by the added V4 JCMs (and in most cases trying to transfer V4 specific JCMs to clothing with Morphing Clothes or the like is not going to help, and indeed is likely to make things worth). It's not only that Genesis bends better than V4 or M4; Genesis's clothes bend better than theirs too.

    And then there's the way parts of Genesis can be scaled. I'm just in the throws of creating a character with Genesis with the physique based on that of a certain real (female) person. Am still trying to choose whether to base on the V4, V5, V5SM, S5 or S5M shapes, but for all of them the shoulders aren't broad enough for the physique I'm trying to recreate. With Genesis there's a simple proportion dial to increase the shoulder width that just xscales chest and collars, and the figure works fine. Try applying the same xscaling to V4's body parts and all the joints in her arms break ... very nasty. So the ability with Genesis to trivially move or scale some of the actual joint centres without then having to re-rig all the child bones makes Genesis more versatile in terms of the range of proportions of characters it can be used for.


    ...the child character below was created with V4 and an injected Thorne character body shape as the base. Scaling of individual body regions and limbs was employed and there was no breaking of any joints or limbs or other mesh distortions. This was also done in Studio 2.3 which did not have the benefit of the Morph follower for clothing fits (clothing was all manually fitted). Yes it may have required more effort than working with Genesis, but it still worked.

    Hi_mr_Kitty.jpg
    710 x 539 - 327K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

    Sorry if this was already answered, but when does the Intro Sale end?

  • Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Test, Test, Test :-/

    I posted a reply to message 111 yesterday and saw it in the thread after posting. Today it is gone without a trace. Nothing offensive inside, btw.

    Now I tried to PM chohole about it, sent the message - and it vanished! No error message, nothing in the "sent" folder.

    The forum hates me.

    Out of curiosity - did anyone get my reply (about the /UV Maps/ folder) yesterday by eMail notification?

    Now I hit "Submit Post" and see what happens...

  • Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    ^ ^ ^ it was posted, I see it. Now I'm curious if it gets deleted again...

  • JaguarEllaJaguarElla Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    is this a uv map of Stephanies geografted girly bits you are reffering to? I do not think you can even post an image of that much nudity :red:

  • Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I do not think you can even post an image of that much nudity :red:

    I may be naive, but I'm not that naive... ;-)

    It was a "pure text" question to DavidGB using nothing but "F" and "G" words that are written already on this thread. A lot...

    So I guess I just ask the question again now and see what happens...

    @ DavidGB:

    Do we need to replace all 6 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/ or just the 4 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/UV Sets/ ?

  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

    Martin_C said:

    @ DavidGB:

    Do we need to replace all 6 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/ or just the 4 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/UV Sets/ ?

    In data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Female Genitalia you need to replace the Genesis Female Genitalia.dsf (that's the baee figure file which sets it up to have two material groups). Then all the files in the UV folder (except the new S5 UV file, of course). You don't need to replace what's in the morph folder, though it won't matter if you do.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

    Stephanie 5 is great for mixing her with the other Genesis shapes.
    Below is a Daz Studio 4 Pro render of Stephanie 5 Model mixed with
    a little of Stephanie 3, Stephanie 4 and Tajga shapes.
    Also used Pure Hair Lovely. Click the image to see it enlarged.

    Scene04pic01.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 144K
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel