WTF??? Buy the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle - Get Charged for it - Get no Download Links!!!!

acanthisacanthis Posts: 355
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So, here we go AGAIN!!!!

DAZ take my money for the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle. They confirm my order, debit my card, then give me no download links and send me an order conformation with an empty installers section. WTF are they up to now?

Obviously I will be taking this up with support but I was so incensed by YET ANOTHER store failure that I felt I had to post here.

It seems that after all these months, DAZ still haven't sorted out the s**t with this dreadful web site upgrade. I wonder if the CTO is back from his holiday in the Bahamas yet? If so, maybe he could get off his a** and start doing the job that he's paid for.

Comments

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 355
    edited December 1969

Update - looks like he _is_ back from the Bahamas ... the links have now appeared as if by magic. Except there's no magic involved when an online store is so badly implemented that it doesn't complete transactions in real time and the customer is left wondering whether he has been the victim of a scam!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 3,404
    edited December 1969

I had this happen with the weekly freebie. My guess is that the system took me to my download page half a sec before it created the links cause I left the page and went right back in and presto, downloads.

• JaguarEllaJaguarElla Posts: 10,372
    edited December 1969

welcome to the internet
    glitches happen :roll:

edited December 1969

Especially with the DAZ Store.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 3,404
    edited December 1969

No body is perfect. They will get it figured out. Please be patient.

edited December 1969

It's been THREE MONTHS since the store upgrade. I think that's time enough ... and some.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,104
    edited December 1969

If profanity is against the DAZ forum TOS, why are acronyms for profanity allowed? When I see them I read them at the actual words and those words are not in my vocabularly. This isn't the Rendo forums, Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

WTF = Why This Failure

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    WTF = Why This Failure

It's never meant that in any accronym dictionary I've ever seen. :)

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I always thought it's "Welcome to Finland".

http://www.acronymfinder.com/WTF.html

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

where's the fire.
    why the frown.
    what's that Frank
    when's the fourth

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 1,882
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    It's been THREE MONTHS since the store upgrade. I think that's time enough ... and some.

It takes time to insert the user specific US Gov't issued nano-tracker code into your download.

Kendall

PS
    For the humor impaired... :-)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3 months is nothing for DAZ. I could put some facts up here but they would get deleted. Heaven forbid some one should pull the mask off DAZ.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,387
    edited December 1969

Aw Stan, you are spoiling all our fun. :roll:

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 823
    edited August 2012

Lindsey said:

If profanity is against the DAZ forum TOS, why are acronyms for profanity allowed? When I see them I read them at the actual words and those words are not in my vocabularly. This isn't the Rendo forums, Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While everyone was playing with WTF I've been sorely - sorely - tempted to misappropriate the DAZ acronym. I've had some ideas - some real nifty ones. But quietly I shall go :-)

:vampire: I miss the old devil smiley.

Seems I can't fast reply anymore and post/update post keeps getting stuck. Sheesh! back to the old forums again, hey?

Post edited by cridgit on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 6,920
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    So, here we go AGAIN!!!!

LOL!!
    You can have some of mine!
    I got three of every link, both Mac and Windows, filled two fill download pages at 50 items /page, was a pain to figure out which I downloaded or not, but I've missed something.

• TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,121
    edited December 1969

welcome to the internet
    glitches happen :roll:

Considering how complex IT technology is in general, I think it's quite amazing how well most things work.