Converting V4 clothing to Gensis

SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've found quite a few V4 morphs for the MFD and I have the Gensis MFD, how difficult would it be/how would I transfer the morphs from the V4 MFD to the Gensis MFD?

Comments

  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,256
    edited December 1969

    I am not sure what you want to do? All of the morphs that the Genesis MFD needs to work on Genesis are already in it.

    You can transfer morphs from V4 itself to the Genesis figure using the Generation X plugin (for characters etc), or you could Autofit the V4 MFD to Genesis, and then the morphs that are in that item should transfer over to Genesis using the latest version of DS4).

  • SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    There are morphs for the V4 MFD that I would like to use but don't see the point in spending the money on two different versions of the MFD. Is there a way to convert the morphs for the V4 MFD so that they work with Genesis MFD.

  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,256
    edited December 1969

    I don't know if the Generation X plugin will do that or not, but Autofit will fit the V4 MFD to Genesis, and retain any morphs that it had.


    Have you tried that?

  • SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    No I haven't as that would require buying the V4 MFD when I have the Genesis MFD and the morph in question is a freebie. Thank you anyway.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,408
    edited December 1969

    Are you sure it's a morph. I have never seen anyone giving away morphs for the MFD. It has a great many built into it anyway, to fit all the normal V4 morphs.

    Normally freebies for the MFD are textures or styles.

  • SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Hi Chohole!

    You're right it is a texture, [http://www.sharecg.com/v/9187/favorite/6/Texture/Navajo-MFD-(V4-V3-Laura-The-Girl)] If I use the right terms it would probably be more helpful. LOL

    How would I be able to use that texture on the MFD for Genesis?

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,408
    edited August 2012

    Very simply, you just apply it, as you would any texture. Hopefully it will have a mat pose. I think DS can read the mat pose, but I will check. and get back to you on that.

    It will possibly need tweaking for DS, especially if it uses Poser nodes at all.

    Textures will fit any MFD except the one for the original Steph petite, SP3. That is mapped differently.

    OK, Neil says he will be along in a bit to tell you how to do it. He does all my DS settings, so he knows what is what.

    BTW, with the exception of the first few all my MFD textures do already have DS settings as well as the poser ones, if you need any more textures .Page 7 on Choholes space link in my signature

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Oh, okay. I didn't know textures were interchangeable like that. So your Ariannaid MFD could be applied to the Genesis MFD, yes?

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,408
    edited December 1969

    Yup, and as I have just added to my previous post, my textures do already have DS settings for all except the first few on the page.

  • SenaReSenaRe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Okay. Thanks so much!

    And the reason I asked about the Ariannaid MFD is because the download link goes to a 404 page.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,408
    edited December 1969

    Oh heavens another one. OK I will see if I can get it sorted out.

  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

    SenaRe said:
    Hi Chohole!

    You're right it is a texture, [http://www.sharecg.com/v/9187/favorite/6/Texture/Navajo-MFD-(V4-V3-Laura-The-Girl)] If I use the right terms it would probably be more helpful. LOL

    How would I be able to use that texture on the MFD for Genesis?

    you would just apply the mat pose to the MFD as normal.

    if it does not come with any DS settings the areas to look at are specular turn this down to around 25 to 30%

    Glossiness depending on the type of material the dress is meant to be but I would set it around 60 to 75%

    Bump map you will need to look at the bump map if its just all gray you will need to set it very high say something strength 100% and negative and positive around -2.0 and 2.0 if the bump map is black and white you with only need to set the bump to around -0.075 and 0.075 I find it best to test this without the diffuse map applied.

    you will need to check the texture folder to see if there are any displacement maps quickest way to do this is to browse from an already applied texture say the diffuse or bump map if there is one in the texture folder the texture normally has a -d at the end apply it with similar settings as the bump map testing to make sure you get the right result

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,522
    edited December 1969

    I am not sure what you want to do? All of the morphs that the Genesis MFD needs to work on Genesis are already in it.

    actually this isn't correct...the v4 mfd contains more movement morphs than the genesis one.

    I have considered this problem myself...auto fit mucks up the hem of the mfd.

    It may be possible to convert the v4 dress to wmapping and then transfer the morphs from one to the other.

    I haven't tried it yet though so I can't say how well it would work.

  • DWGDWG Posts: 772
    edited December 1969

    NeilV 1 said:

    if it does not come with any DS settings the areas to look at are specular turn this down to around 25 to 30%

    Glossiness depending on the type of material the dress is meant to be but I would set it around 60 to 75%

    Bump map you will need to look at the bump map if its just all gray you will need to set it very high say something strength 100% and negative and positive around -2.0 and 2.0 if the bump map is black and white you with only need to set the bump to around -0.075 and 0.075 I find it best to test this without the diffuse map applied.

    you will need to check the texture folder to see if there are any displacement maps quickest way to do this is to browse from an already applied texture say the diffuse or bump map if there is one in the texture folder the texture normally has a -d at the end apply it with similar settings as the bump map testing to make sure you get the right result

    Worth pointing out that all of this is only to optimise the colour settings, it doesn't have to be done.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,408
    edited August 2012

    SenaRe said:
    Okay. Thanks so much!

    And the reason I asked about the Ariannaid MFD is because the download link goes to a 404 page.



    Site should be running fine now, so you should be able to download that file now. As I said it does already have the DS settings included, all done by NeilV 1.

    Post edited by Chohole on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel