Messed up Menu and Missing Menu Items
After that issue occurred and would not resolve I did a complete uninstall of Daz3d Studio 4 (according to instructions = using the uninstallers) but there are still a few gremlins lurking under the hood (in windows XP registry and programs folders.....
* I need to know which registries and folders to remove?
The reason for wanting a totally complete removal of Daz3d Studio 4 is because the Daz 3d Studio 4 menu got messed-up such as;
(1) menu suddenly got disordered; not in the correct order such as; File | Edit ] View |
(2) and items in that messed-up menu list has 'vanished' such as; import, export, send and merge.
(3) and there are duplicate runtime and content folders in the main directory in documents and in Daz UI.
This is causing C++ runtime errors in Daz and missing content errors; probably because 'I' should have kept the same directory path when installing content. For Daz Studio 4 that should be; ((My Library)) but I got confused due to the change from version Daz Studio 3, I was not aware of this until... oops too late.
(4) when i uninstalled > reboot > reinstalled Daz 3d Studio 4 it still reverts back to the previous corrupt state as explained above ((messed-up menu))
* just recently I figured I might resolve this by removing the pref ini file (moved to a temp folder)? as it should rewrite itself anew once Daz is uninstalled then reinstalled but how that menu got messed-up has got me concerned.
I run other software daily for long hours and my PC can handle massive projects beautifully, I have a really good stable PC and no viruses.... I've ruled out other possible causes.
Also; I plan (already have) removed all content libraries because I want to reinstall it all in the 'correct' directory/path. This should resolve the missing content issues. But I need help > advise to clean up the registry > to completely remove all remnants of Daz 3d Studio 4.
I'd greatly appreciate advise on resolving the 'messed-up menu' issue.