Clothes Don't Fit M4

AVU4UAVU4U Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Having problems fitting clothes to M4. See the render as an example. Also some thoughts on DAZ: I've spent hundreds of dollars on Daz products. Some work and some don't. Daz is a unique and brilliant product, but its quality is not 100%. I have a pretty high skill level working with computer software (I've been working with computers for about 23 years.) and I will say the 3D software and website design software are the most complicated and difficult to master.

I started out in 3D with Swivel 3D in 1990, then started using Infini D in 1992 and then Poser in 1993. After that I graduated to NewTeks Lightwave. I've been working with Daz4 now since December of 2011. To Daz's credit I was able to pick it up quickly. It only took me a couple of months to get into it, but like all the other 3D programs I have experience with it doesn't work all the time. Almost everything I do with Daz has to go through this almost endless cycle of trial and error. Mostly error.

I'm trying to creat about 40 characters for my upcoming graphic novel Nocturns. U can see some of the finished characters here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402321296495854.92163.179096265485026&type=3

Now that I have them ready to apply poses to them I can't get the clothes to fit for the poses I apply to the characters. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

  • Kulay WolfKulay Wolf Posts: 11,036
    edited December 1969

    Which software are you using? or which version? How are you conforming the clothes to your figure?

  • fictionalromancefictionalromance Posts: 597
    edited December 1969

    If you don't have your figure selected in the preview pane as you load clothes onto them, then many times the clothes won't follow the pose because the clothing item isn't 'fitted to' the figure. What you can do if you have that happen again like in the render you are showing us is select the clothing item, right click and choose fit to. Make sure to fit it to the person and not another clothing item in the scene. Then from there it should follow the character as you pose it.

  • AVU4UAVU4U Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

    Yep right click is the key to make it fit. Its working now. Thanks for your help. This is a great forum because it has so many educated users. Thankyou

  • K T OngK T Ong Posts: 359
    edited July 2012

    I've basically already given up on M4. His body nearly always pokes out in various places through the clothes I give him. Now it's Genesis for me all the way. With Genesis, I hardly ever encounter any poke-through problems. And I can use M4 clothing on Genesis, too.

    Post edited by K T Ong on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,830
    edited December 1969

    K T Ong said:
    I've basically already given up on M4. His body nearly always pokes out in various places through the clothes I give him. Now it's Genesis for me all the way. With Genesis, I hardly ever encounter any poke-through problems. And I can use M4 clothing on Genesis, too.


    I am not a DS user, but even I know that there is an addon available, called pokeaway, which solves this probelm.

  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 1,886
    edited July 2012

    chohole said:
    K T Ong said:
    I've basically already given up on M4. His body nearly always pokes out in various places through the clothes I give him. Now it's Genesis for me all the way. With Genesis, I hardly ever encounter any poke-through problems. And I can use M4 clothing on Genesis, too.


    I am not a DS user, but even I know that there is an addon available, called pokeaway, which solves this probelm.

    Pokeaway doesn't work on M4. It's a Genesis thing. The thing is... I've never actually had to use pokeaway as the Smoothing Modifier has always fixed any pokethru issues.


    Kendall

    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,905
    edited December 1969

    Pokeaway was really a stop-gap - on first release DS4 couldn't hide body parts of single-skin figures like Genesis, so pokeaway offered an alternative way to pull them out of sight. However, they soon added the ability to hide body parts so now it isn't needed even on those occasions when smoothing won't answer.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,830
    edited December 1969

    OK, sorry, I stand corrected. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.

  • DWGDWG Posts: 772
    edited December 1969

    AVU4U said:

    I've spent hundreds of dollars on Daz products. Some work and some don't. Daz is a unique and brilliant product, but its quality is not 100%.

    I think it's worth saying that I've used Studio since the early days, have over 1700 different items of content (eek!) and haven't come across a single one that doesn't work. DAZ QA is demonstrably the best in the business and on the odd occasion a problem does slip through they're pretty good about fixing them. If you're finding 'problems' then ask for support either here or in the Studio forum, the chances are someone will be able to quickly solve whatever the issue is..

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel