can this be done? DUF in Carrara

TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Okay, so I've been told that the only way to access a certain file of mine in Carrara is to make it into a DUF. I did, but how the heck do I now open a DUF in Carrara?

Comments

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,428
    edited December 1969

    Torkuda said:
    Okay, so I've been told that the only way to access a certain file of mine in Carrara is to make it into a DUF. I did, but how the heck do I now open a DUF in Carrara?

    make new scene - then import it .

  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I can just open it in carrara 8.5, but whether I import it to a scene of open it in carrara it comes in too screwed up to do anything with.
    Textures all screwed up, cloths neither attached nor posed with the figure.

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,428
    edited December 1969

    ManStan said:
    I can just open it in carrara 8.5, but whether I import it to a scene of open it in carrara it comes in too screwed up to do anything with.
    Textures all screwed up, cloths neither attached nor posed with the figure.

    what figure and cloth did you use ?

  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    V4 and Studio dynamic clothes; my only reason to move anything from studio to carrara.

    Unless DUF can move a dynamic clothing animation from studio to carrara, I have no use for DUF or studio.
    I'll grant you the dynamics, but V4's textures were all screwed up and I would have to have retextured/redone the shaders.

  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 1,885
    edited December 1969

    I'm sitting out the DS RC2 because of all the horror stories - am I understanding correctly that DUF handles the dynamic clothing sim and V4 animation correctly on import to Carrara, but that only the textures are screwed? So there is hope it will work correctly some time?

  • bighbigh Posts: 5,428
    edited December 1969

    ManStan said:
    V4 and Studio dynamic clothes; my only reason to move anything from studio to carrara.

    Unless DUF can move a dynamic clothing animation from studio to carrara, I have no use for DUF or studio.
    I'll grant you the dynamics, but V4's textures were all screwed up and I would have to have retextured/redone the shaders.

    You know I want this to work too - we have for years .
    I can't get it to save and load in DS - so its not going to work in Carrara .

  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Roygee said:
    I'm sitting out the DS RC2 because of all the horror stories - am I understanding correctly that DUF handles the dynamic clothing sim and V4 animation correctly on import to Carrara, but that only the textures are screwed? So there is hope it will work correctly some time?

    The clothing animation doesn't come though ether. All I get is V4's animation.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel